Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

correcaminos

Just as my BIL died a few weeks after being vaccinated - but he died of cancer. The vaccination was just to make sure he didn't die fighting the ravages of both diseases.
I was going to like this, but there is nothing to like about a friend dying. But I agree with the whole fortunate to be able to attend a memorial service. My BIL was diagnosed around New Year's, and there was just no way to see him safely before he passed. By the time we were vaccinated in late January/early Feb he was too ill for visitors, and we would have been more intrusion than help. He died St Patrick's Day.

But all of his sibs and in-laws have been vaccinated, so most of us feel safe enough to travel to attend his memorial service later this month.
I am so very sorry for your loss. This is such a hard time to deal with grief. Wishing you and your family all the comfort you need.

My comment about funerals was because I am still waiting on a friend who did die of Covid in Dec and my aunt who died of complications from CP and ALS like syndrome that month as well. We're spread out more in both cases so we wait.

Pfizer vaccine still extremely effective 6 months after dose 2, including protection against the UK and S. African variants. 91% against any infection, 100% against severe (including hospitalization and death). I thought the FDA wanted 6 months of data before full-approval. Could that come soon to quiet the idiots of Facebook going on about how it is “untested and not even FDA-approved!!11”?

Dose 120,000,000 shipped yesterday.

And the widely-reported error in MD costing “up to” 15 million JnJ doses won’t impact near-term shipments but will have a long-term impact (likely to be pretty negligible for us since it is anticipated we will reach our peak vaccination rate in the next 6 weeks before supply exceeds demand.
I was expecting this soon given I just went in for 6 month blood test and I was one of the later ones as I had a computer glitch that set me back 3-4 weeks.

They are planning on seeking approval this month.

I was reading even last night that the original J&J news breaks were not quite what people reported. Sometimes breaking news needs time for all info.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Update from side effects of second Moderna dose.
Later in the evening I did develop a fever of 101.5 and felt very out of it.
I did take Advil and went to bed early.
At some point I woke up sweating so the fever must have broke.
Today I still feel a bit off but not too bad.
My arm does still hurt quite a bit depending on how I move it and what I'm trying to do with it.
Raise it up? I can handle. Start to peel a banana? NOPE. I had to get a knife to cut the top off. Its so weird lol.
Hoping by tomorrow my arm is more back to normal.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I am starting to get very discouraged about people getting vaccinated in my area. I live in a rural area in MN. Vaccines are open to everyone here and this week the hospital was having trouble finding people to take the appointments. The county is less than 40% vaccinated for the 16+ population :(

Seems to be the mentality in many rural areas.
We own a farm but live in the city. My dad's cousin owns the farm next to us and lives there and he doesn't seem too interested in a vaccine.
His rural Church also does not seem to be making Covid a big deal and a few weeks ago said no more masks and social distancing etc and guess who just got Covid? The Pastor and his wife...

MotherofaPrincessLover

Seems to be the mentality in many rural areas.
We own a farm but live in the city. My dad's cousin owns the farm next to us and lives there and he doesn't seem too interested in a vaccine.
His rural Church also does not seem to be making Covid a big deal and a few weeks ago said no more masks and social distancing etc and guess who just got Covid? The Pastor and his wife...
I am getting pretty worried that we won't be able to get enough people vaccinated to end this pandemic. I asked my sister if she would make my nephew an appointment since he's eligible now and she said why should I? I just want to go back to covid not ruling our entire lives.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I am getting pretty worried that we won't be able to get enough people vaccinated to end this pandemic. I asked my sister if she would make my nephew an appointment since he's eligible now and she said why should I? I just want to go back to covid not ruling our entire lives.

I actually think more than enough people want or at least are willing to get vaccinated in order to get back to normal.
Several people I know seemed very much against it and then got it...
How old is your nephew? Can he not make his own appt? Or maybe ask him directly if he wants it and then assist him in making an appt and getting him there?
Its really up to the individual (and their doctor if they have health concerns) not someone's mom.

MotherofaPrincessLover

I actually think more than enough people want or at least are willing to get vaccinated in order to get back to normal.
Several people I know seemed very much against it and then got it...
How old is your nephew? Can he not make his own appt? Or maybe ask him directly if he wants it and then assist him in making an appt and getting him there?
Its really up to the individual (and their doctor if they have health concerns) not someone's mom.
He's 17 so he has to have a parent attend with him. Plus, I don't think he'd do it if his mom didn't want him to. My sister is annoying with the flu vaccine too and never has her kids vaccinated. I hope a lot of the other high school kids decide to get vaccinated. We seem to have waves of problems that go through there.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
He's 17 so he has to have a parent attend with him. Plus, I don't think he'd do it if his mom didn't want him to. My sister is annoying with the flu vaccine too and never has her kids vaccinated. I hope a lot of the other high school kids decide to get vaccinated. We seem to have waves of problems that go through there.

Well then its clearly a lifestyle choice for her and her kids and I wouldn't bother pushing it.

Shouldigo12

Well then its clearly a lifestyle choice for her and her kids and I wouldn't bother pushing it.
Yeah, if she's against the flu vaccine and her kids are underage that might be a wasted effort. If you're concerned about your community, focus on other people around you who are concerned about how fast the vaccines were developed or who have a "Covid won't hurt me so I don't need it" attitude. You're much more likely to get those people to change their minds than someone who's against any and all vaccines.

drizgirl

Yeah, if she's against the flu vaccine and her kids are underage that might be a wasted effort. If you're concerned about your community, focus on other people around you who are concerned about how fast the vaccines were developed or who have a "Covid won't hurt me so I don't need it" attitude. You're much more likely to get those people to change their minds than someone who's against any and all vaccines.
Not necessarily. My kids don't always get flu vaccines. I stopped fighting with them about it as teens. But I always get my own and am a big believer in vaccines. But 2 of the 3 are fully vaccinated now for Covid and the third has had the first dose. They've seen the havoc this has caused. They know this is serious business.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Not necessarily. My kids don't always get flu vaccines. I stopped fighting with them about it as teens. But I always get my own and am a big believer in vaccines. But 2 of the 3 are fully vaccinated now for Covid and the third has had the first dose. They've seen the havoc this has caused. They know this is serious business.

In this case it certainly seems like the mom does not want her kid to get it and even if the kid does happen to want it cannot get it without the mom's permission.
If he does want it then he should advocate for himself at this age.

correcaminos

Finally, a carrot: the CDC is announcing that, for the fully-vaccinated, travel is low risk and quarantine is unnecessary following international travel.
Need more carrots!
bunny rabbit GIF by Originals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom