Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

ToTBellHop

Need more carrots!
Yes, but it is a start, and it might convince some. For example, there are some people in cruise groups who don’t want to be told to vaccinate. If they are also told, once vaccinated, they can go on a cruise ship without masks and get home without any headaches, they might change their minds. I’ll take whatever I can get, even if only 1% more of our population gets vaccinated. Every arm helps.

correcaminos

Yes, but it is a start, and it might convince some. For example, there are some people in cruise groups who don’t want to be told to vaccinate. If they are also told, once vaccinated, they can go on a cruise ship without masks and get home without any headaches, they might change their minds. I’ll take whatever I can get, even if only 1% more of our population gets vaccinated. Every arm helps.
Oh I agree! I just wish we had a few more we could dangle.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I just got my first dose of Pfizer a few hours ago as a result of excess doses where my buddy’s wife was administering shots today. They had roughly 40 no shows out of 400 appointments so my buddy called and said to head over ASAP. I was the final dose of the day as they were closing up. My wife is a teacher and got her J&J exactly three weeks ago today so thehowiet household isn’t too far away from being fully vaxed.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Okay hopefully my final update on my second dose Moderna side effects.
My arm started hurting REALLY bad again during the night last night into this morning.
To the point of tears. I started taking Advil every 6 hours and it has definitely helps.
I'm going to continue to do so at least until morning because I don't want to wake in the night thinking I should call 911 because my arm literally feels broken. (Yeah I broke my arm before so I can compare the pain).
It makes me wonder if its really "just a muscle ache" or if a nerve was hit or something.

bdearl41

My arm started hurting REALLY bad again during the night last night into this morning.
To the point of tears. I started taking Advil every 6 hours and it has definitely helps.
I'm going to continue to do so at least until morning because I don't want to wake in the night thinking I should call 911 because my arm literally feels broken. (Yeah I broke my arm before so I can compare the pain).
It makes me wonder if its really "just a muscle ache" or if a nerve was hit or something.
I hope you feel better soon. I had a nerve hit when giving blood once. They definitely hurt and didn’t go away for a few weeks. I hope for you that’s not what it was.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I hope you feel better soon. I had a nerve hit when giving blood once. They definitely hurt and didn’t go away for a few weeks. I hope for you that’s not what it was.

I'd say I'm about 80% better.
I can at least do everything now but I can still feel slight pain depending on how I move it. Especially if I go to do something without thinking.
I think a couple more days and I'll be back to normal.
I knew that especially with Moderna's second dose people had more "injection site pain" but I was not prepared for severe pain throughout my arm with lack of function.
I guess it means I have a good immune response hahaha.

Tony the Tigger

Supposed to get my second Moderna at Publix tomorrow, been trying to boost my immune system in advance - rest, vitamins, walks, etc.

Just looked at my card and not only did they not fill in the date of the first shot, there’s no appointment time given for the second one. Hoping for no crazy issues tomorrow! 🤦🏻‍♂️

correcaminos

I'd say I'm about 80% better.
I can at least do everything now but I can still feel slight pain depending on how I move it. Especially if I go to do something without thinking.
I think a couple more days and I'll be back to normal.
I knew that especially with Moderna's second dose people had more "injection site pain" but I was not prepared for severe pain throughout my arm with lack of function.
I guess it means I have a good immune response hahaha.
That does sound a bit more abnormal. I have nerves in weird spots compared to most in my mouth. Once it was it and was more sore for about a week or 2 on my cheek. The other caused my tongue to half go numb. I hope it goes away quickly and your next shot isn't as bad.

Ponderer

So, one thing we talked about some time ago was the promise of mRNA vaccines outside of COVID, and this might be the first real sign of this. This HIV vaccine in Phase 1 trials - based on the Moderna platform -0 produced an antibody response against HIV in 97 percent of participants. The potential of mRNA vaccines may be limitless.

correcaminos

Got my shot., had a little bit anxiety.. the nurse had to fan me to cool down.. my temp was a little high... but after I got it.. realized there was no reason to worry.. all good.. just a sore arm for a day.
Sorry you did have some anxiety. Such an emotional thing to deal with though. Glad you only had a sore arm. That's all I ever had both times!

Lilofan

The rollout of the vaccine has been successful even to people living in Europe. Some American citizens living in Europe are so desperate to get the vaccine and willing to travel back to the USA in the state where they used go live to get their shots.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Good pre-print study that provides some encouraging evidence that even though the vaccines may not provide as strong an antibody response to the variants, they do appear to provide a strong T-Cell response no matter what variant it is.

GaBoy

I originally passed on what I have been told regarding taking NSAIDS. Thought more about this and decided to edit this and instead say that you may want to ask the vaccine administrator or your doctor what you should take for side effect relief. I have and was told to take Tylenol and not NSAIDS. This is just what I was told. Seek your own advice from a medical professional.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom