Covid Vaccine Updates and General Discussion About Vaccines

Will you take a Covid vaccine once one is approved and deemed safe and effective by the FDA?

• Yes, stick me please

• No, I will wait

• No, I will never take one

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lilofan

It usually takes 8-14 hours to feel weird if it happens at all. Good luck and congratulations.
I've heard if you have a strong immune system the virus will affect you more in terms of side effects as opposed to some with a weak immune system. Approx 9 hrs after my second Moderna shot I encountered side effects for approx 23 hours and I just stayed in bed.

correcaminos

It usually takes 8-14 hours to feel weird if it happens at all. Good luck and congratulations.
If worse than average I'd say possibly. If average no it doesn't rake that long.

I've heard if you have a strong immune system the virus will affect you more in terms of side effects as opposed to some with a weak immune system. Approx 9 hrs after my second Moderna shot I encountered side effects for approx 23 hours and I just stayed in bed.
Not sure that's true either. I'm not one to be sick much. Never taken an oral antibiotic and my guys can get strep even and not pass it on. About 2.5 years ago a coronavirus hit my kid's class and school hard. I thought it was strep at first and was loving on him as usual when indeed it was not strep. My husband caught it. I did not. I had sore arm 2 days (like tetanus shots) and that was it. 12+ who are getting it in Isreal (and kids seem to have better immune response as a whole) are having little to no side effects.

I think this is being said to make some who has a stronger reaction feel better.

Florida news is reporting that more than 800K people that are undocumented and living and working in Florida. It will be interesting to see if these folks can go to a vaccine center and get the covid shots. FL requires proof of residency to get the shot and some don't have documentation.
Undocumented doesn't mean homeless.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
If worse than average I'd say possibly. If average no it doesn't rake that long.
Yeah a sore arm can happen almost within minutes.

And of course if you’re the poor soul who is the 1 in 10 million or so genuinely with an anaphylactic allergy to the vaccine, that springs up instantly.

correcaminos

I got stuck about two weeks ago and had the usual sore arm etc.

Now just waiting for everyone else to have it, kill this virus off and finally get rid of travel restrictions because I have a sackful of pixiedust I need to spread about the 'World.
I like your attitude!

I hope I'm not jinxing this, but I just seem to have a little bit of a sore arm.
That's all I ever had. Those with stronger reactions usually show by the end of the first day so I have seen (excluding anaphylaxis)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Things are not looking good for AstraZeneca, Germany has suspended the use of the vaccine for people under 60 and Canada has suspended use for people under 55 due to continued blood clot concerns.

Disney Analyst

Things are not looking good for AstraZeneca, Germany has suspended the use of the vaccine for people under 60 and Canada has suspended use for people under 55 due to continued blood clot concerns.

Important to note there have been zero cases of blood clotting in Canada, they are only doing so as a precaution.

BC has stopped use for under 55, but just today announced anyone aged 55-65 in the Lower Mainland can call a pharmacy tomorrow and book the AstraZeneca vaccine.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Important to note there have been zero cases of blood clotting in Canada, they are only doing so as a precaution.

BC has stopped use for under 55, but just today announced anyone aged 55-65 in the Lower Mainland can call a pharmacy tomorrow and book the AstraZeneca vaccine.

Yes, but there is mention of potentially more data out of Europe showing that the instances of clotting may be more common then originally thought. At this point, I don't know if it maters if it is safe or not, the damage has been done.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Yes, but there is mention of potentially more data out of Europe showing that the instances of clotting may be more common then originally thought. At this point, I don't know if it maters if it is safe or not, the damage has been done.
Perception is everything and at this point AZ needs a really good PR firm!

Chef Mickey

Gotcha, so no actual real concerns with the vaccine itself, just the generic it was rushed. Drugs and vaccines are not the same thing. A drug which is taken repeatedly has a much higher chance of causing damage over the long term than a vaccine taken once.
A vaccine taken once that kills you isn't great. Remember, these vaccines could be taken by billions, which makes ANY problem an issue. If a drug for hypertension causes stroke in 1/100,000 people, its effect is only on the people taking said medication. Vaccines are going to be used on a massive scale. Now, although I believe minor, there are genuine concerns about the AZ vaccine and blood clots. Sure, they are perhaps 1 in 100,000 (as I read today) but if 100,000,000 people take the AZ vaccine, that would be 1,000 dead. And this isn't some political thing. It's concerning enough that Europe and Canada have paused its use for some.

Again, these things happen when you have any drug, injection, product, etc and will be slightly MORE concerning when it is a rush because of a global health crisis that was exacerbated by a media with ulterior motives. And note, I'm not saying it was a hoax, a fake disease, a conspiracy or anything crackpot idea. I'm saying the media did NOTHING but hurt the cause by mostly fear mongering. They are still doing it despite a huge positive trend, multiple effective vaccines, and a 99%+ survival rate.

Remember, I work in pharmaceuticals. I know the industry very well and even non-public information. I am also long several pharmacy stocks including some vaccine makers. I respect and encourage all the work they do, support these companies 100%, and even condone the insane profits they make because they take tremendous risks developing these drugs and need to be rewarded. I am however extremely aware of the imperfect nature of bringing and product to market, particularly one taken by billions. It is not easy and is NOT a risk-free option. We have demonstrated that children are very close to risk-free to dying from Covid, because that's what the numbers say. And yes, this recognizes SOME kids still have died of Covid, like many other things in small numbers.

Similarly, planes are the safest form of travel, but we do have planes crash. Not a strawman. This is how the world works.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Original Poster
Pfizer is 100% effective against disease on kids 12-15. 💥 💥 💥
Really good news. We can add about 30M additional people to the vaccine pool once fully approved. I know there are anti-vaxx slanted people deeply opposed to kids getting the vaccine but my 14 year old will be getting his shot as soon as they authorize and I can find him an appointment. I assume in states where it’s open to the general public they will be eligible as soon as approved and a little later in other states. 12-17 will still need to get Pfizer only but that shouldn’t be an issue now that supply is ramped up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom