Couting down the days

vanessa king

Hi everyone,

Im counting down the days! its 11 to go, we arrive at WDW on the 13th April, were stayin at the All star Music Resort and i just cant wait. Ive never been before so am a newie to it all... well ive been to Disneyland Paris but ive been told its no comparrison.
Has anyone got any Hints or Tips for me?? or things ive just gotta do? :shrug:

Thanks x

imamouse

Welcome to WDWMagic :wave:. How many days will you be visiting WDW? Are you interested in water parks and Pleasure Island or just the theme parks?

Upvote 0

vanessa king

Original Poster
Thank you,

I am going for 14 days, ive got my park tickets and also the water park tickets, they were in with my package, but not sure if pleasure Island is included?? whats at Pleasure Island? and cant i just get tickets when i get there if there not included?

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

WE have just 9 more days til we sail away with the Wonder. This is our first Disney cruise and we can't wait. Then after the cruise it is off to SSR for 5 more days of the world.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

petersenjp

Thank you,

I am going for 14 days, ive got my park tickets and also the water park tickets, they were in with my package, but not sure if pleasure Island is included?? whats at Pleasure Island? and cant i just get tickets when i get there if there not included?

Pleasure Island is a area with night clubs, comedy clubs, and a few shops. You can buy tickets there if you wish. There is a place called the Adventures Club. Pretty entertaining. As anyone will tell you, go there with an open mind and spend some time there. There is also a 70s and 80s club, a top 40s club, and a techno club. There use to be a club called the Beach Club. There is also an Irish bar in the area. I maybe missing a place or two in the area. We always have a pretty good time at PI, but as the night progresses, the more "happy" people become so if walking through with small children, beware! :p

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome aboard :wave:

Best tip - If you haven't already done so, buy a guide book (The Unofficial Guide is one of the best) and read it cover to cover BEFORE you go.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

Welcome!:wave:

We are 10 days away from our trip! We arrive on the 12th and are staying at Pop Century. You will have a wonderful time.

Here are a few of our tips for WDW:

If you are prone to blisters, get Bandaid's blister balm. It is a mini sized stick and you place it on the areas you are likely to get one. It goes on clear and really works. My husband always gets blisters and last year he didn't get a single one.

Take breaks when you are tired. If you are traveling with a child, this is a must. We head out early, take an afternoon nap or rest, then head back for the evening. We did this before we had our son.

There is a great way to get to Epcot from MGM. Take the boat and it will drop you off at the World Showcase side of Epcot. If that's your destination, its easier to get there that way instead of going all the way from the front entrance. We did this for the first time last year and loved it. The boat stops at the boardwalk and another hotel, but the ride is nicer than the bus.

Hope this helps out some. Welcome to the boards and have a great trip!

Upvote 0

mitchk

Welcome to the boards :wave:. I'm sure you'll have a great time while your there. I'll be there April 16th, right next door to you, at All Star Sports.:sohappy: Have fun, maybe I'll see you there :)

Upvote 0

Philo

Thank you,

This might be a wild guess but are you from the UK? If so then did you buy the 14 Pass? If you did then everything (parks, park hopper, waterparks, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest) is included!

Have a great time (i'll see you there, I arrive on the 14th!)

Upvote 0

JxnMan20

Welcome Vanessa! Hope you have a great trip.

8 days for me!! Arriving at Pop on the 11th. We'll be there the same time 3ForDisney. Hope you guys have a great trip!

Upvote 0

sbkline

Welcome to the boards! You're arriving the same day as we are, April 13! Only 10 more days until we begin our road trip to Florida! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

vanessa king

Original Poster
OMG, Thanks for all the replys, i didnt think i could be but I'm even more exited now... yes i am from the UK, and i did get the 14 day flexi pass so i am made up that all is included.
Thanks for all the tips, it will help alot, and i hope everyone who is going has a brilliant time, And you never know i might just bump in to you along my stay lol.

Thanks again everyone and any more tips are always welcome x :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Philo

Where to start for tips.... there is so much to do.

I suppose it's worth getting the health and safety ones out the way with: drink lots of water and make sure you get enough salt in your system. The water in florida will taste very odd so you might want to look at getting bottled water.

For Parades and Shows (Illuminations, Wishes, Fantasmic) you should try and find a spot to watch from around 1hour before the show although it depends a little on how busy the parks are. I suggest you grab a snack and a drink and then just sit down and wait - they are all fantastic to watch so it's well worth it for a first time visitor. Fantasmic at Disney Hollywood Studios is the only one where you might want to leave a little longer as there is limited seating. All the rest you will be able to see at any time but not necessary a great view.

Make use of Downtown Disney - it's a great place to wonder round and has great attractions like Pleasure Island (clubs), Disney Quest (a huge indoor arcade with free games!) as well as shops and shows. If you get a chance and if you have the spare cash then Cirque Du Soleil is fantastic!

If you haven't made any dining reservations then look at all the restaurants now and decide where you want to eat. Then either call Disney and see if you can book them, call Disney when your there or just risk turning up on the day to see if anythings available (try to do this as soon as the restaurant opens)

There will be a Pirate and Princess Party on the nights of the 16th (I think) and the 23rd. You might want to look at getting tickets for this special show which lasts from 7.00pm - midnight in the Magic Kingdom. Basically you will get a pirate thememd Magic Kingdom, short queue lines, great parades and a fantastic fireworks show.

Make sure you get hold of the Extra Magic Hours (EMH) schedule for your trip from disneyworld.com. As your staying on site you get access to some of the parks 1 hour before they open and for a couple of hours after they close! Not all the attractions are open during these times but there is still plenty to do.

Finally look out for me. I'll be with a girl (my wife by that time!) with long bright red hair!

Have a fantastic time!

Upvote 0

vanessa king

Original Poster
Thanks, A friend of mine who visited in October said that Cirque de Soleil is Amazing, I will have to go, I will ill keep my eyes open for you! Knowing my luck it will probably be someone compleatly different with long red hair lol. I never really gave Downtown Disney a thought, but am looking forward to it now.
Thanks for your help, have a Great trip, Oh and a lovely wedding :)

Upvote 0

sissa216

There is a great way to get to Epcot from MGM. Take the boat and it will drop you off at the World Showcase side of Epcot. If that's your destination, its easier to get there that way instead of going all the way from the front entrance. We did this for the first time last year and loved it. The boat stops at the boardwalk and another hotel, but the ride is nicer than the bus.

This is a great tip, but if it is your very first trip to Epcot, I recommend going through the main entrance first.
Heading for the turnstiles and seeing spaceship earth for the first time is a very awesome experience!

Upvote 0

RedGear

Welcome Vanessa! Hope you have a great trip.

8 days for me!! Arriving at Pop on the 11th. We'll be there the same time 3ForDisney. Hope you guys have a great trip!

I hear you on the days!! I get down there on the 11th too!! We can't go to the parks till the 12th because our flight gets in soo late (like 11:45) but I am so excited! Only 8 more days. . . but I say 7 so I don't have to count the day we leave. . . . wooooooo hoooo! :p

Upvote 0

vanessa king

Original Poster
I cant belive how slow this week is goin!! we leave at like 10 am on the 13th and its a 9 hour flight but because of the time difference we arrive at Florida about 2.30 in the afternoon, so by the time we get through the airport and transport to our hotel i think it will probably be arount 4.30-5pm i think, but there is still pleanty of time to visit a park tho, i just havnt decided which one yet lol.:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom