Coupons at WDW? I couldn't believe it!

WDWLOYAL1971

Original Poster
We went to WDW for Christmas 2010. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw their receipts had a discount coupon to use at certain counter service food spots as well as certain merchandise stores valid for certain time of day. I found it to be a great idea to reduce the lunch or dinner time rush and shopping rush too. Very good idea. They should use that during summer time too, when the crowds are just to much to handle.

Mukta

They had those coupons at Disneyland this year too. I wanted to use it, but the times were just way off when I would want to eat.

Jerm

Both DL and WDW did it as a test (which worked well) to try and drive people to eat at the times all the books tell you are best. Before 11:30am and after 2:30pm till 6:00pm I think it was. Here at DLR they went so far as to include it in the show schedule. It really was just to try and break up the crowds. I have seen both DLR and WDW lines up to 45 minutes during the lunch and dinner rush. I would look for them to make a come back during busy summer time.

R W B

Did this just start during the holidays? I think I remember seeing this last July during 4th of July week. I think its a good idea, offer savings to those who dont mind eating a laittle late or early.

Jerm

Did this just start during the holidays? I think I remember seeing this last July during 4th of July week. I think its a good idea, offer savings to those who dont mind eating a laittle late or early.

It started at DL for the food this past Christmas, but I know they have been trying a lot of different ideas to try and break up the crowds.

MissM

They've done this a few times during peak seasons. They print up on the bottom of merchandise receipts and over the holidays, they also had them in the times guide. It was 30% off counter service during limited, off-peak times. Very handy.

WDW2010

They've done this a few times during peak seasons. They print up on the bottom of merchandise receipts and over the holidays, they also had them in the times guide. It was 30% off counter service during limited, off-peak times. Very handy.

30% off definitely comes in handy, especially if you're with a big family. Any percent off helps, every penny counts lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom