Couple of questions about WDW and Orlando...

pyrophoric

Original Poster
First question, do the water parks (typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach) close due to rain? We are going tomorrow yet it seems all this week its going to be raining.

Second question, what are some of the best food places in any of the four major wdw theme parks? Lookin for taste not just fancy :)

Third, we are looking for a nice resturant to eat outside wdw. We are around w irlo bronson if anyone reading this knows so better places (not just the regular chains so to speak)?

Lastly, any must see/go to shops around orlando before we leave? We have seen some name brand shops which we want to go to but didnt know if there was anything else :)

Thanks for any help! :)

Horizons1

The water parks are open in rain, but if there is lightning they most likely will close down if it persists.

As for food, at Epcot, I would recommend Mexico, Germany, Japan, and Canada. The major restraunts for these countries are really good, and Germany is a buffet.

At MGM, definately do Mama Melroses, it has great Italian food.

At AK, I cant think of any large restraunts but for quick service food, the Flame Tree Barbque is a good place to eat.

MK, The Crystal Palace or the Liberty Tree Tavern are always good.

Cant answer your third or fourth question but I hope I helped some :wave:

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
This is my opinion on the Rests.

The German Biergarten(sp?) in Epcot has a fabulous buffet and great beer
Hollywood Vine in MGM is pretty good.
Tusker House in AK
Coral Reef in Epcot
oh, Liberty Tavern in MK

Hope this helps.

brertigger

All theme parks stay open during rain (except for a few rides, which shut down). If lightning is moving towards the area, almost all outdoor rides are shut down.

The water parks will stay open during rain, usually. If lightning is on the way, they quickly evac all water rides and beaches. Everyone has to either leave or be in the locker/gift shop area. You can still roam around the front part of the park, some, though, until they completely close the park (which they'll do if lightning lasts for a long time and is not going away anytime soon).

walnutty01

you could try one of the restaurants in celebration. they are all very good..an excellent sushi/japanese place, plus a tavern-ish, cuban/columbian, pizza, etc. all very nice and rarely busy.

disneygirl746kt

pyrophoric said:
First question, do the water parks (typhoon lagoon and blizzard beach) close due to rain? We are going tomorrow yet it seems all this week its going to be raining.

Second question, what are some of the best food places in any of the four major wdw theme parks? Lookin for taste not just fancy :)

Third, we are looking for a nice resturant to eat outside wdw. We are around w irlo bronson if anyone reading this knows so better places (not just the regular chains so to speak)?

Lastly, any must see/go to shops around orlando before we leave? We have seen some name brand shops which we want to go to but didnt know if there was anything else :)

Thanks for any help! :)
MGM- 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi (I always ask to go there every time I'm down there because I love their food. It's almost like being home, but with different time settings)
That's all I can think of since I go to those every year.

Adreamisawish

Am I the only one who likes the Columbia Harbor House in MK? Of course I guess not many people would enjoy a nice hot cup of clam chowder in the summer, but they do have a very good tuna salad sandwich.

yazmin182

Adreamisawish said:
Am I the only one who likes the Columbia Harbor House in MK? Of course I guess not many people would enjoy a nice hot cup of clam chowder in the summer, but they do have a very good tuna salad sandwich.

Yes!! Columbia Harbor House is soo tasty!

For great pastries and desserts, my fave is Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot:France.

And my 2 favorite restaurants are in Epcot ofcourse, Le Cellier in Canada and Les Chefs de France in France.

Pongo

As for shops outside WDW, there's always the Florida Mall and the Mall at Millenia.

Pointe Orlando used to be good. They're renovating, though.

Anywhere down nternational Drive, I suppose.

brertigger

Tip: The parks are emptier after the rainstorm, especially at AK. Once I was there and waited out the storm (went to Festival of the Lion King). It stopped raining shortly after the show was over, and almost all the rides were walk-ons (although this was before EE).

Edit: 300th Post!!

Mr. WDB

Adreamisawish said:

I love their food; I'd say it's the best fast food in MK by far. Great for a lunch, food is very tasty.

I also highly recommend (for table service dining) the 50's Prime Time Cafe. The food is good to excellent and the retro-homey atmosphere is just about the best themed of the Disney restaurants. Definitely get a res for that one. The Garden Grille at Epcot (Future World section) is another great choice.:slurp:

pyrophoric

Original Poster
Cool, will check out all those places.

Pongo said:
As for shops outside WDW, there's always the Florida Mall and the Mall at Millenia.

Pointe Orlando used to be good. They're renovating, though.

Anywhere down nternational Drive, I suppose.

As for those malls, would really like to go. Just need to find out how to get there from where we are. Will google them and see if I can find an address. You dont happen to know the address off hand do ya?

Thanks again all :)

disneytati

pyrophoric said:
As for those malls, would really like to go. Just need to find out how to get there from where we are. Will google them and see if I can find an address. You dont happen to know the address off hand do ya?

Thanks again all :)

The malls are great! Gotta check them out! I usually hit The Florida Mall, they have a nice food court, and great stores. The address is: 8001 South Orange Blossom Trail - Orlando, Florida. If you want perfume, the best place to go is Perfumeland, they have the best prices and all brands you can imagine. Here's the address: 5161, International Drive, Orlando. Also, I like the outlet malls, my faborite is Orlando Premuim Outlets: 8200 Vineland Avenue, Orlando, FL. I don't know how to get to them, as my aunt usually drives, but I guess there are websites for each of them, and they usually have a link to the map.

disneytati

Oh... I love the French Fries from Casey's Corner at the MK, the food from Lotus Blossom Cafe in the China Pavillion at Epcot. It's pretty cheap, and tasty!

withasmile

Tony's Town Square Plaza, i think that's what it's called, is very good. i love the turkey legs they sell at some of the carts, they are the best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom