Country Bears Refurb!

JimboJones123

I don't understand the "tear it down" chants.

It's a pretty good people eater. It takes MINIMAL cast to run. It isn't that big. So I can't see why it would make so many people object to it's existance. What I'd really like to see is MORE attractions that I don't go to that eat HUGE ammounts of people. More Sorin', more Mission Space, more Aerosmith, more Lights Motor Action, more parades. Now when are they going to make more of a reason to ship people off to Tom Sawyers Island like at DL??

tirian

I don't understand the "tear it down" chants.

It's a pretty good people eater. It takes MINIMAL cast to run. It isn't that big. So I can't see why it would make so many people object to it's existance. What I'd really like to see is MORE attractions that I don't go to that eat HUGE ammounts of people. More Sorin', more Mission Space, more Aerosmith, more Lights Motor Action, more parades. Now when are they going to make more of a reason to ship people off to Tom Sawyers Island like at DL??

I'm amused by the number of "tear it down" chants, too, especially since I've seen many "Bring back the original Tiki Room!" cries on these boards. If people think CBJ is dull, they'd be bored to tears by Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. CBJ is much livelier.

(I personally like both, but I have a lot of patience.)

Laura

Premium Member
I was playing around on the Disney website for closures, and I found that the Country Bears are listed to be down from Sept 28 to October 31st.
Any idea to what they'll be doing?

Please for the love of God fix the audio. It's so embarrassingly bad right now.

Every time I go the audio is so quiet that the guests try and clap along, but they can't hear anything so then the clapping becomes awkward and everyone stops. :lol:

Oh and I'd also love them to fix the animatronic eyes! They have not been opening and shutting properly for years!

I adore the Country Bears, but the terrible presentation it's been given in the last few years makes me feel like I'm at Chuck E Cheese.

J.E.Smith

Another reason why I don't see CBJ going is the fact of the small space it takes up, remember the theater's boxed in with the shop behind one wall and Pecos Bill's kitchen behind the backstage walls. Other than an expansion to either the shop or Pecos Bill, there really isn't anything worthwhile they could put in the space.

About the only thing that would put CBJ down for good is if there's a really bad kitchen fire in Pecos Bill's.

Scooter

While I have no problem with the show itself, I think it's way too old for todays crowds and todays technology. While the audio-animatronics were advanced when it was first concieved, it's way too outdated today and my kids and I found it to be boring. CBJ was, however, a nice excuse to get out of the Florida sun and heat and we all had a nice nap in the air-conditioning in the pavillion. Some may call it a classic, but I find it to be so out dated and politically incorrect that I'm embarrased that it still excists.
After all, aren't bears that sing about blood on saddles and "git-tars that only have one strang "while drinking out of gallon jugs of moonshine just a tad out of place in Disney World and a little hard to explain to children?

CThaddeus

While I have no problem with the show itself, I think it's way too old for todays crowds and todays technology. While the audio-animatronics were advanced when it was first concieved, it's way too outdated today and my kids and I found it to be boring. CBJ was, however, a nice excuse to get out of the Florida sun and heat and we all had a nice nap in the air-conditioning in the pavillion. Some may call it a classic, but I find it to be so out dated and politically incorrect that I'm embarrased that it still excists.
After all, aren't bears that sing about blood on saddles and "git-tars that only have one strang "while drinking out of gallon jugs of moonshine just a tad out of place in Disney World and a little hard to explain to children?

About as hard to explain as good-natured Pirates selling and chasing women, bombing towns, and drowning people to find gold (and overrated movie characters). Or about as hard to explain as skeletons and ghosts singing in a graveyard while a ghost bride happily tells passersby that she axed all of her previous husbands. Sorry, I'm neither embarassed nor bored by Country Bear Jamboree. Now, if we're talking Under New Management...that's embarassing (and painful).

rainfully

I just hope they fix Trixie's wonky eye.

Although I guess that means I won't be able to do my Trixie impression anymore :lookaroun

:lol:

Scooter

About as hard to explain as good-natured Pirates selling and chasing women, bombing towns, and drowning people to find gold (and overrated movie characters). Or about as hard to explain as skeletons and ghosts singing in a graveyard while a ghost bride happily tells passersby that she axed all of her previous husbands. Sorry, I'm neither embarassed nor bored by Country Bear Jamboree. Now, if we're talking Under New Management...that's embarassing (and painful).

LOL I believe since the Pirates rehab at WDW, they changed it and now the women chase the men.
Not sure why it's any more PC now though. I'm also not sure what ax weilding bride you are refuring to but I guess it's still ok for Bears to sing about whipping little Bufort, or perhaps shooting him instead...lol

rainfully

LOL I believe since the Pirates rehab at WDW, they changed it and now the women chase the men.
Not sure why it's any more PC now though. I'm also not sure what ax weilding bride you are refuring to but I guess it's still ok for Bears to sing about whipping little Bufort, or perhaps shooting him instead...lol

Haunted Mansion. ;)

nuttyskadork

I was playing around on the Disney website for closures, and I found that the Country Bears are listed to be down from Sept 28 to October 31st.
Any idea to what they'll be doing?

I wonder if maybe it'll be one of those that goes down and never wakes up again. I mean the Disneyland one went years back. Maybe they just dont want any backlash lol.

Tiggerfanatic

I haven't been to CBJ since '95 - DD refused to go on our last couple trips - not cool enough for a teenager, I guess. Anyway, it is one of the things I am most looking forward to sharing with my niece6 & nephew9 when we go int December, along with the Tiki Room. Are they lame? - Yes, kind of. But little kids like lame, and I like watching little kids have a good time, so we'll go and laugh and talk about it for years.

Dwarful

We have been taking our kids to see this since they were little bitty babies. Not once have they ever questioned the show. Our girls are now 12 & 8 and yes we will watch this show at least once on our upcoming trip (along with CoP, American Adventure, Hall of Pres.). I wish the audio was a bit better.

dpunky

Please for the love of God fix the audio. It's so embarrassingly bad right now.

Every time I go the audio is so quiet that the guests try and clap along, but they can't hear anything so then the clapping becomes awkward and everyone stops. :lol:

Oh and I'd also love them to fix the animatronic eyes! They have not been opening and shutting properly for years!

I adore the Country Bears, but the terrible presentation it's been given in the last few years makes me feel like I'm at Chuck E Cheese.

I agree! The audio and animatronics need to be updated. This can be such a great experience if we can have the imagineers improve this classic attraction.

RiversideBunny

Did anyone see the special on TV this week about the man who lives in Alaska with wild bears?

Very interesting. It could spark some interest in bears.
People there have a bet going about when he will be eaten.

The bears at Country Bear Jamboree seem to have been given certain characteristics associated with Jed Clampett types but bears are found all over the place in North America.
The architecture of the Country Bears building is the only one in Frontierland that uses the building style of the Northwest. You would think the bears would have NW characteristics or be like Alaskans or Canadians, eh?

We love CBJ and see it on every trip.
I hope they do a great job on the audio and also bring back the Christmas version.

:xmas:

yankspy

I guess you have not seen the refurb yet. There is a new attic bride who is wielding a hatchet/axe.

Vernonpush

I just hope they fix Trixie's wonky eye.

Although I guess that means I won't be able to do my Trixie impression anymore :lookaroun

:lol:
QUICK! Get a video camera and tape Trixie. Then tape yourself doing your impression of her. Post it on YouTube for all of us to enjoy! (That sounds like a good idea for a "challenge thread" :lol::lookaroun:lol:).

J.E.Smith

According to the primary thing they'll be doing is replacing the sound system:

After a few years of neglect, the Country Bear Jamboree attraction at the Magic Kingdom will be receiving some substantial updates during a planned refurbishment to take place between September 28 and October 31, 2008. Among the upgrades coming to the attraction, is an entirely new audio sound system that should make fans of the attraction quite happy, seeing as though the audio quality for the show has been pretty bad in recent memory. We can also expect some other general maintenance to occur throughout the attraction, but don’t expect any major changes during this time. We also should not expect this to bring back the Country Bear Christmas show, at least not this year. Stay tuned to as we hear more on this upcoming refurbishment.

bfbulldog

From screamscape on the country bears refurb. Keep your fingers crossed.

(7/14/08) While last week I had heard that the massive rehab to Country Bears would not be bringing back the Christmas Special show, today we’ve heard from another insider who claims that the word going around is that we will see the Christmas show return this year after all. More on this as we find out.

jt04

From screamscape on the country bears refurb. Keep your fingers crossed.

(7/14/08) While last week I had heard that the massive rehab to Country Bears would not be bringing back the Christmas Special show, today we’ve heard from another insider who claims that the word going around is that we will see the Christmas show return this year after all. More on this as we find out.

A CB Christmas show should be as traditional as the NBBC makeover at DL. It is the perfect compliment to the other Holiday events at the MK. Let's hope this is true. The timing is right for sure.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom