Country Bears Refurb!

dxwwf3

This is the best news I've heard in quite some time. This attraction does not need changes to the show itself, but an update to the sound system, AA's, and general upkeep is just what it needs. I was expecting that the next news story to come around about the CBJ would be about its closing, but this is certainly a very nice surprise and I'm thrilled to hear about it.

As frustrated as I have been with the Magic Kingdom and its direction, I can't deny that they have done a remarkable job with the classic attraction refurbishments that have taken place as of late. First it was IASW then Pirates along with the Mansion and Jungle Cruise. And since the CBJ is in that same group of classic attractions, it makes sense that its time would come next. Excellent news!

Jerm

The last time they did the christmas show was 2005.

I really hope they just clean it all up. They don't need new songs or anything else new, just some good old TLC!

princess17

I don't think its the holiday makeover. It's too early for that. They didn't do the holiday thing since 2005.

My guess is to fix the sound, lights, etc.

To be honest, I really wish they would tear the whole thing down. I know a lot of people like this, but its so outdated and borring. They could use the space for something else.

jt04

I am going to disagree with the majority here and say this might very well be the Christmas show overlay. Last years letter writing campaign started here might very well be paying off this year as it was probably came too late to change things last year. I could be wrong though :p

Buried20KLeague

Pardon the thread drift for a moment...

A month ago we saw the Country Bears in Tokyo at Disneyland. It was the "Vacation Hoedown" version. Even though a good part of it was in Japanese, it sure made me miss a well-oiled, good sounding CBJ show.

And you haven't lived till you've seen the Bears sing in "-an-ese Har-mo-neee"! :ROFLOL:

Back on topic...

While I hope the Christmas overlay is part of this downtime, I'm still going to be VERY satisfied if it ends up being nothing more than an overhaul of the existing animatronics and ESPECIALLY the audio system. Hoo boy that thing is awful.

Animaniac93-98

The sad thing is that the audio recordings were restored for the Musical history of Disneyland CD release. All they need now is a decent set of speakers to play them, I man how much tie and money could that cost? If they're going to fix the lights too than the show will be 100X better IMO. It really needs the kind of refurb that the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland got in 2005. As far as pace goes, there isn't much there so they couldn't really replace it with anything besides another show.

Dwarful

I am glad to see this attraction getting some TLC. I wish it was for the Christmas season. Our first Christmas at WDW (2005) was CBJ's last Christmas, so glad we got to see it several times and recorded it once. Would love to see it come back.

KingStefan

Hibernating?:lol: Seriously, I may be in the minority here but this is still one of my favorite attractions. It is nice to see it get some TLC.

This is still one of my favorites, too. It's a can't miss on all our trips.

I was looking at an old map somebody posted a few weeks ago, and I noticed that this was FrontierLand's E-ticket when we still had tickets!:lol: It was considered a technological marvel of it's time! It should be preserved if only for that reason.

Biff215

It definitely needs the audio work as many have said. We saw it in June and if I hadn't already seen it in the past, I would have no idea what the heck was going on. I can only imagine what first-time visitors were thinking!

The timing is kind of close for the holiday overlay, but didn't that typically only take a week or two when they did it?

prberk

I think it is for the holiday overlay, and maybe some rehab included. That would be smart.

I went there last year on November 3, and almost all of the Christmas (uh, er "Holiday") decorations were up already everywhere, except a few places in MK, where the Halloween decorations were still up for a day or two, following a MNSSHP.

Paul

uklad79

I hope it is the audio that's being upgraded. I hear there is a truck load of audio equipment available from somewhere where there was once Pleasure on some Island somewhere :lookaroun

When I went last year, there was dust hanging from all the heads on the wall. I mean visible piles of dust. I think it is still a wonderful show for the smaller children. If it's only closed for a month, I don't know how much they could get done but hopefully it will make a difference. I do like the show and wish it would stay--outdated or not.

Skyway

Although the lengthy time frame of this rehab might seem promising for some much-needed upgrades, it always helps to be a bit cynical.

This monthlong rehab is occurring during a slow attendance period in an economically challenging year.

It's certainly possible CBJ is getting some very minor clean-up to justify the closure, while Disney saves $$ in operating costs before the very labor-intensive holiday season.

I don't know. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom