Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s more than just a “guess rumor”
Until you see a shovel or a microphone with a dipstick spokesman behind it...caution is always healthy.

But things change...as do opinions. Got back from toy story 4 15 minutes ago and my opinion on this concept changed just since this afternoon.

“Difficult to see...Always In motion the future”
-frank oz performing yoda, good Star Wars movie, circa 1980

JustInTime

If it’s screen-based, I’ll be upset. And I don’t even like CBJ. A hybrid AA or puppet show with the enhancement of a projection-mapped background would be great, however.

I’m not suggesting that’s what will happen. Just that I’d like it and Disney theatrical has experience doing just this. If we are going to lose a classic, I’d want it to be for something top notch. Not something hastily thrown together. MK could use higher quality live entertainment like most other Disney parks have.
The ONLY way it’s acceptable is if it’s AA’s.

jt04

Seems to be three trending schools of thought.

1) Spruce up the current show as a salute to this original for the 50th and Frontierland stays static.

2) Put in a temporary promotion for Toy Story similar to the new Cars show at DHS. Then replacing/reimagining Frontierland sometime after the 50th

3) A permanent show featuring TS on par and scale of CBJ and keeping the rest of the land mostly static.

I definitely think reimagining the land has incredible potential. If you have ever stood in New Orleans Square you would have to agree. Such a perfect match with the RoA, Splash reimagined w/PatF and a transition to PotC. Wow!

A permanent Toy Story/ Pixar presence in the land is the least desireable. IMO.

Last edited:

JustInTime

Seems to be three trending schools of thought.

1) Spruce up the current show as a salute to this original for the 50th and Frontierland stays static.

2) Put in a temporary promotion for Toy Story similar to the new Cars show at DHS. Then replacing/reimagining Frontierland sometime after the 50th

3) A permanent show featuring TS on par and scale of CBJ and keeping the rest of the land mostly static.

I definitely think reimagining the land has incredible potential. If you have ever stood in New Orleans Square you would have to agree. Such a perfect match with the RoA, Splash reimagined w/PatF and a transition to PotC. Wow!

A permanent Toy Story/ Pixar presence in the land is the least desireable. IMO.
You’re not saying remove the Frontierland theme are you? Most have no issues with the theme. I’d even say it probably needs the least attention as a whole in terms of MK lands.

jt04

You’re not saying remove the Frontierland theme are you? Most have no issues with the theme. I’d even say it probably needs the least attention as a whole in terms of MK lands.

CBJ does not survey well and has poor attendance. Splash mountain's exterior is very poorly themed to the land as is the story, Diamond Horseshoe is clearly not returning to its original glory. I guess that leaves Pecos Bill.

However, if BTMRR served as an entry to a new expansion area as opposed to the dead end it currently is, all sorts of possibilities emerge.

PS. Frontierland at Disneyland should be kept because it is a WD original.

General Mayhem

CBJ does not survey well and has poor attendance. Splash mountain's exterior is very poorly themed to the land as is the story, Diamond Horseshoe is clearly not returning to its original glory. I guess that leaves Pecos Bill.

However, if BTMRR served as an entry to a new expansion area as opposed to the dead end it currently is, all sorts of possibilities emerge.

PS. Frontierland at Disneyland should be kept because it is a WD original.
This is the sort of talk that stresses me out. The Magic Kingdom is not your Rollercoaster Tycoon sandbox, there are reasons things are left the way they are and should stay that way.

jt04

This is the sort of talk that stresses me out. The Magic Kingdom is not your Rollercoaster Tycoon sandbox, there are reasons things are left the way they are and should stay that way.
View attachment 382865

I'm not suggesting changes to 90% or more. Just those areas that no longer work. This was always Walt's intention for the parks. Besides, the decision makers aren't influenced by message boards.

jt04

What exactly doesn't work about it?

I went into detail in post #487 above. The land is not to Disney standards thematically and should be. It gets crowds but only because the park is so crowded. Granted it has to great E tickets. But the land is a dead end. Very bad crowd flow.

General Mayhem

I went into detail in post #487 above. The land is not to Disney standards thematically and should be. It gets crowds but only because the park is so crowded. And the land is a dead end. Very bad crowd flow.
Dude, Frontierland has some of the best theming in the whole park, what are you talking about? One rumor about CBJ and some of you want to throw out the entire land as a whole? This is insanity.

jt04

Dude, Frontierland has some of the best theming in the whole park, what are you talking about? One rumor about CBJ and some of you want to throw out the entire land as a whole? This is insanity.

Not throw it out per se. More like relocate it. Are you seriously defending Diamond Horseshoe, the poor grades of CBJ and the completely contradictory theme of Splash Mountain. Oof.

General Mayhem

Not throw it out per se. More like relocate it. Are you seriously defending Diamond Horseshoe, the poor grades of CBJ and the completely contradictory theme of Splash Mountain. Oof.
Frontierland is a vital part of Magic Kingdom's history, also you're acting as if all of the other lands in the park don't have worse offenders than an E-ticket like Splash Mountain. Get over yourself.

jt04

Frontierland is a vital part of Magic Kingdom's history, also you're acting as if all of the other lands in the park don't have worse offenders than an E-ticket like Splash Mountain. Get over yourself.

I never suggested they get rid of Splash. Just make it relevant. And I will keep my opinion thanks. You are welcome to disagree.

General Mayhem

I never suggested they get rid of Splash. Just make it relevant. And I will keep my opinion thanks. Your welcome to disagree.
By this logic almost every land in each of the American parks outside of most of Animal Kingdom should be torn out because one or two rides don't fit thematically. Frontierland is fine the way it is, it does not need to be Tomorrowland 2.0.

jt04

By this logic almost every land in each of the American parks outside of most of Animal Kingdom should be torn out because one or two rides don't fit thematically. Frontierland is fine the way it is, it does not need to be Tomorrowland 2.0.

Pure hyperbole.

Still waiting for your defense of Diamond Horseshoe, the fading popularity of CBJ, and the poor theming of Splash. Hint: there is nothing Old West or Frontier in the story or look.

General Mayhem

Pure hyperbole.

Still waiting for your defense of Diamond Horseshoe, the fading popularity of CBJ, and the poor theming of Splash. Hint: there is nothing Old West or Frontier in the story or look.
CBJ still plays to full houses daily, the diamond horshoe is used as a restaurant daily, there is also the rivers of America and Tom Sawyer island. I would be personally ed if all of these things were removed. You cannot change this area without removing core components of the entire land. Just leave it alone, the park already has the largest number of attractions out all the parks in Orlando. Just leave some things alone, not every single classic area has to be bulldozed. I haven't felt this ready to just quit Disney Parks in a long time if ever.

jt04

CBJ still plays to full houses daily, the diamond horshoe is used as a restaurant daily, there is also the rivers of America and Tom Sawyer island. I would be personally ****ed if all of these things were removed. You cannot change this area without removing core components of the entire land. Just leave it alone, the park already has the largest number of attractions out all the parks in Orlando. Just leave some things alone, not every single classic area has to be bulldozed. I haven't felt this ready to just quit Disney Parks in a long time if ever.

Pretty sure nobody here is suggesting bulldozing anything in the MK.

Rather making up for past errors that are not up to Disney's high standards.

The only bulldozing of the MK that is reoccurring is the suggestion IaSW be relocated for a much needed Fantasyland expansion. But that is a different thread.

TSI would be more consistent with a New Orleans theme than the frontier west. Both are themed to the same region and river. Not sure why you would be worried about it leaving.

Walt specifically wanted the parks to evolve. They have to or they fade. He knew that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom