Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

RSoxNo1

Relocation is not a realistic option...they haven’t done that in forever.

The better suggestion would be to keep country bears and put the toy story thing in diamond horseshoe...a net add.

All four of those parks need additions...not replacements and more bottlenecks and fastpass crunches
Country Bear Jamboree was killed and brought back, Disney recently relocated Dumbo in WDW and Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind in DCA. I could absolutely see this moving over to the campgrounds.

Country Bear Jamboree is by no means a family favorite. My wife has only seen it once in WDW and that was the Christmas show. A few years ago we saw the regular show and the Summer Hoedown in Tokyo. Having said that, I don't get why you put a Toy Story show in Frontierland instead of Toy Story Land. While I hate to see an opening day attraction go, not giving more new things to DHS is beyond moronic.

ToTBellHop

I'm heartbroken. Can you share a time frame? Specifically, can I get one last time with my Bears on my trip end of September/ beginning of October?
I think so but the window for closure in order to have something new open for Summer 2021 is closing soon. And they love August closures. There will be a lot of closures in 2020, anyway, so I don’t know how everything will be scheduled. There are a number of projects coming to MK that are being slotted in over the next 2 years.

jt04

I think so but the window for closure in order to have something new open for Summer 2021 is closing soon. And they love August closures. There will be a lot of closures in 2020, anyway, so I don’t know how everything will be scheduled. There are a number of projects coming to MK that are being slotted in over the next 2 years.

If it is screen based like Philharmagic it could be rather quick.

TeriofTerror

Thanks for the info!

ToTBellHop

If it is screen based like Philharmagic it could be rather quick.
If it’s screen-based, I’ll be upset. And I don’t even like CBJ. A hybrid AA or puppet show with the enhancement of a projection-mapped background would be great, however.

I’m not suggesting that’s what will happen. Just that I’d like it and Disney theatrical has experience doing just this. If we are going to lose a classic, I’d want it to be for something top notch. Not something hastily thrown together. MK could use higher quality live entertainment like most other Disney parks have.

jt04

If it’s screen-based, I’ll be upset. And I don’t even like CBJ. A hybrid AA or puppet show with the enhancement of a projection-mapped background would be great, however.

I’m not suggesting that’s what will happen. Just that I’d like it and Disney theatrical has experience doing just this. If we are going to lose a classic, I’d want it to be for something top notch. Not something hastily thrown together. MK could use higher quality live entertainment like most other Disney parks have.

Screen based is fine as 50th salute/temporary offering IMO.

ToTBellHop

Until they officially announce a closure or replacement; I'll be rooting for the darkhorse IP... and pray it's Princess and the Frog. Why? because a Cajun musical review would be freaking awesome! Plus who doesn't want to see an AA alligator playing a trumpet? Now there's an IP worth integrating.

Join Ray, the firefly and his Bayou Band for a foot-stomp'n, frog hoppin good time at a this Cajun musical revue featuring Louis, the lovable Alligator and other swampy critters as they showcase the sweet sound of New Orleans. Blues, Jazz and Zydeco music!
I don’t see how it fits here in particular? Not that Woody’s Roundup is great, but the area isn’t a Bayou. Granted, Splash Mountain ruined the land’s genius progression literally to the Old West and forward in time as you head west in the land. Based upon that standard, Diamond Horseshoe could become Tiana’s Place.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I don’t see how it fits here in particular? Not that Woody’s Roundup is great, but the area isn’t a Bayou. Granted, Splash Mountain ruined the land’s genius progression literally to the Old West and forward in time as you head west in the land. Based upon that standard, Diamond Horseshoe could become Tiana’s Place.

Exactly. Make it Bayou! Swampify the area and the issue is mostly resolved. I don't think the linear time progression thing exists for the average visitor anyway. Critter country to "Cajun country" isn't that much of stretch. Frontierland's log-built theme transitions into a Swamp/Dock/Bayou theme which transitions into a New Orleans antebellum/Liberty Square theme. Sounds doable, IMO. It's all about the visual transitions; essentially making a new mini-land in the process.

If CBJ has to close that is... Definitely don't need more Toy Story.

Last edited:

raymusiccity

Country Bear Jamboree was killed and brought back, Disney recently relocated Dumbo in WDW and Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind in DCA. I could absolutely see this moving over to the campgrounds.

Country Bear Jamboree is by no means a family favorite. My wife has only seen it once in WDW and that was the Christmas show. A few years ago we saw the regular show and the Summer Hoedown in Tokyo. Having said that, I don't get why you put a Toy Story show in Frontierland instead of Toy Story Land. While I hate to see an opening day attraction go, not giving more new things to DHS is beyond moronic.

Money's always the cure all for any situation. Duplicating Its a Small World, and COP, as well as moving both of the original versions from the 64-65 Worlds Fair makes moving Country Bear child's play! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom