Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

g8orbill

huge mistake in my humble opinion but if the decisions Disney has made over the last few years are any indication this would nit surprise me

Per a certain site, Country Bear Jamboree is to be replaced imminently by a new Toy Story stage show.
Really hope this is just a false rumor! Yes, its old, yes its kind of hokey, and yes its one thing you can count on and it's entertaining no matter how many times you see it. If they change it or remove they'll be sorry - like Figment (brought it back due to popular demand) or the "New" Tiki Bird show - a total disaster and brought back the original. History is to teach not repeat. The Bears is a good place to sit and cool off on a hot day and be entertained waiting for your next Fast-pass window.

PREMiERdrum

The logistics involved with designing, engineering, and building the cast of characters needed for a "Woody's Roundup Audio Animatronic Marionette" show to open in time for the 50th would likely have been underway for a bit now, right? If this were at all true, I expect we would have heard something from our insiders.

As others have said, I'd be fine with this as an addition to the Diamond Horseshoe. Don't replace a well-liked show with an empty stage practically next door.

ToTBellHop

You have obviously never lived in the south. That's basically the demographic. It is essentially a hilarious mocking of rural southern culture. And it is hilarious because it is true. If you can't get that, then you need to culture yourself, or just keep walking over to Splash Mountain. That won't hurt you.

It's because you don't get it.. And that's okay. It is hard to understand certain attractions if you've never grown up in the culture they're based on. Heck, that's why I don't enjoy Impressions de France. All that "beautiful music and video shots" just doesn't do it to me. But that is the essence of France. Beauty. The essence of country is slapstick humor, country accents, an occasional lazy eye with half the teeth missing, and good ol' country music with funny lines. If you're not laughing at half the lines in the song, then you're way too serious of a human being. And that's why I don't hang out with people that don't get.... Well. Humor. Especially good country humor. That's the funniest kind.

So yea. I could never understand how some people would prefer Tiki Room over CBJ unless they've had the life sucked out of em, or they're just the most bland person in the world. (Or if they're attached to Disney history in general. I can get behind that one.)
You seem to think southern humor is the only type of humor. Anyone who claims I’m bland with no sense of humor doesn’t know me or, more apropos here, hasn’t seen my posts.

For the record, I do mosey on by. And I’ll celebrate the demise of this trash one day. I know southerners are very defensive of their culture. You can keep Branson, MO.

MuteSuperstar

The logistics involved with designing, engineering, and building the cast of characters needed for a "Woody's Roundup Audio Animatronic Marionette" show to open in time for the 50th would likely have been underway for a bit now, right? If this were at all true, I expect we would have heard something from our insiders.

We would be lucky to get more than one animatronic these days.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

As others have said, I'd be fine with this as an addition to the Diamond Horseshoe. Don't replace a well-liked show with an empty stage practically next door.

We would be lucky to get more than one animatronic these days.
Exactly. And a show mostly comprised of flats on string could just as easily ( and perhaps more realistic) be created as an interactive screen show e.g. Laugh Floor with little downtime. Not that it's ideal or a great idea.

lilypgirl

ERNEST
One night, I left the wife at home,
And I went out with the boys.
I was acting like a Don Juan,
And making a lot of noise.

ZEKE
Tell ’em, lover boy!

ERNEST
A go-go girl caught my hand,
I said, “I can’t. I’m a married man.”
She said “If you ain’t gonna steal,
You better not prowl.”

-----------------------------------

SUN BONNETS
Every time I meet a guy who gets me shook,
All I ever get from him’s a dirty look.
It’s the same way everywhere, I’ve found.
All the guys that turn me on turn me down.

All the guys that turn me on turn me down.
Nothing works for me that I’ve found.
It’s the same way everywhere, I see.
Nothing ever seems to work for me.

-----------------------------------

The comments from the male bears as Teddi Barra sings

TEDDI BARRA
Well, there he goes.
He hardly knows
The heart he’s breaking.

MAX
Lovely, lovely.

TEDDI BARRA
I talked to him,
But I don’t think
He understood.

BUFF
Aw, sing it gal!

TEDDI BARRA
Oh, just forget
About the plans
That we were makin’.

HENRY
My, my.

TEDDI BARRA
Heart, we did all that we could.

(Music continues as TEDDI BARRA’s swing starts to rise.)

TEDDI BARRA
Y’all come up and see me some time, ya hear?!

HENRY
Yeah! Soon as I find a ladder, I’ll be right up! Mm-hmm!

----------------------------------

Not my cup of tea and not really what I expect to listen to in the Magic Kingdom in 2019. I don’t need my kids hearing about “whoopings” or thinking that this is how we speak toward and about women (whose value is derived from their looks, of course).

I have a hard time believing your kids pay that much attention to the lyrics. Nothing that is said in that show is as nearly as offensive to what they hear or see on TV today. Honestly I think this is a little over dramatic. I also think that referring to this attraction as trash and passive aggressively insulting Southerners is counter productive to the Pollyanna message you are trying to convey.

KikoKea

I never understood why Disney did not update this attraction. While I like CBJ, it was in desperate need up change. They could have changed the music, jokes, and stage show to keep it fresh and up to date. Instead, they let it sit. Maybe Disney thinks it is the only way they can get Toy Story in MK. (Is it anywhere else in MK? I cannot recall it being there, but might be mistaken.) I'd rather see a couple of gift shops be turned into a Woody show, than lose CBJ.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I never understood why Disney did not update this attraction. While I like CBJ, it was in desperate need up change. They could have changed the music, jokes, and stage show to keep it fresh and up to date. Instead, they let it sit. Maybe Disney thinks it is the only way they can get Toy Story in MK. (Is it anywhere else in MK? I cannot recall it being there, but might be mistaken.) I'd rather see a couple of gift shops be turned into a Woody show, than lose CBJ.

They had the Christmas overlay at one point...and didn't one version (DL or WDW) have some beach vacation version for a period of time?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Today at the MK. Full house.

D135C76E-4443-458D-82BC-2E7E5F3CA613.jpeg

Donaldfan1934

13 and 16 is not the demographic CBJ appeals to. It's supposed to be singing bears for the little kids and the occasional adult joke for older folks.
Keep in mind that while @Bender123 said his 13 and 16 year old don’t care for CBJ, they do love CoP and Tiki. The issue here isn’t that they’re outside the attraction’s target demographic but that the attraction’s appeals are too specific to win over enough people who aren’t its targets like most other MK attractions are able to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom