Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

ToTBellHop

What the heck does Hobby Lobby and Chick File-A have to do with southern heritage. I think you need to look up the definition of heritage.
B9ACF8F0-9978-4D6B-8C5C-191A7D98028A.jpeg
8EAC2CE2-6388-4CF5-B1CD-EBA8B9276EEB.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Uh, don't want to burst your bubble, but when being a Southerner really mattered, Oklahoma was just a territory, and was considered the West, not the South.
Please educate me on the setting of Frontierland if I’m wrong. The main stretch looks like the Old West while Splash Mountain is oddly Chick Fil-A land.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Please educate me on the setting of Frontierland if I’m wrong. The main stretch looks like the Old West while Splash Mountain is oddly Chick Fil-A land.
When did "southern heritage" become "western heritage"? You were responding to a cite on "southern heritage."

And while they may have eaten brined chicken back then, they certainly didn't have any hobby lobbies to hang around in.

lilypgirl

So. If you're a Southerner, and you think this humor is OK because there are indeed gap-toothed, inbred, man-hungry yokels around you, and that it is culturally OK to make fun of them. Then, two things to know:

1. Making fun of them is a form of bigotry.​
2. Your approval of joking over that stereotype only means that everyone outside the region of "The South" applies this stereotype to *everyone* in the South, yourself included.​

If you don't have compassion for your local, rural poor, then at least have some self-interested preservation to keep these stereotypes from accruing to yourself, Bubba.
Lord Jesus it is animatronic bears who I believe weren't meant to be taken this seriously!

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think some projects have been incredible. Avatar. Star Wars. I even enjoy Toy Story land and New Fantasyland.

Most people love the Guardians of the Galaxy redo of TOT.

So this is a wait and see for me.
Toy story and fantasyland are the near definition of “underwhelming”....they do nothing to advance the park.
I was underwhelmed by GOTG. It wasn't necessarily bad but I didn't find it to be amazing.
Underwhelming is a good definition for most of their projects..flight of passage being the exception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom