Country Bear Jamboree - Seasonal Overlay Ideas Thread

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
Here's a tentative list of songs for my CBJ Halloween in no particular order:
Grim Grinning Ghosts (Buddy Baker and X Atencio) (Finale)
The Devil Went Down To Georgia (Ernest) (See my comment about the Fort Wilderness show)
Blood On The Saddle (Tex Ritter) (Big Al) (Including this piece for its creepy factor and relevance to Big Al's history)
People Are Strange (The Doors) (Trixie and Gomer) (Gomer is there due to a piano solo after the bridge)
Season Of The Witch (Donovan) (Wendell and Henry)
Ghostbusters (Ray Parker Jr) (The Bear Rug Band and Henry)
Thriller (Immortal Version) (Michael Jackson) (Romeo)
Everybody (Backstreet Boys) (The Bear Rug Band)
Superstition (Stevie Wonder) (Shaker)
I Put A Spell On You (Nina Simone/The Hocus Pocus Cast) (Teddi Barra and The Sun Bonnets)

(Yes, I know that the majority of these aren’t country, but these are songs by artists that I am passionate about.)
I dig the list, though I agree with Magic, Backstreet Boys aren’t super Halloween. Not sure why it was on that YouTube playlist.

Last edited:

cdunlap

@Magicart87 and @The Chatbox Ghost, I think Everybody was there just by virtue of its music video, which featured the Boys dressed like Gothic literary monsters (i.e Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, a Mummy (Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, wrote a story about a Mummy that comes back to life, as did Edgar Allan Poe), and The Phantom Of The Opera) in a Gothic/Victorian-influenced setting.

Currently, I'm revising my CBJ Halloween and the playlist is mostly 80s songs with some 50s and 70s songs added in to diversify the sounds heard in the show. Here are said songs:
Weird Science (Wendell) (Wendell will wear a lab coat and goggles and he will be holding two beakers in his paws which he will pour into each other during the choruses)
Thriller (Romeo) (Romeo's outfit will be inspired by the red and black outfit MJ wore in the Thriller video with hints of Captain EO's clothing)
Ghostbusters (Henry and Wendell) (Henry gets a Ghostbusters-type uniform, but Wendell stays in his outfit from Weird Science due to there being 3(ish) Henry animatronics (Empty handed, guitar holding, and raccoon hat) and only one Wendell)
Dead Man's Party (Shaker) (Shaker will have a skeleton jumpsuit on his body)
Monster Mash (Henry with the Sunbonnets on backing vocals) (Henry will be dressed in an outfit similar to how Victor Frankenstein is dressed in the 1931 film adaptation's lab scenes)
I Put A Spell On You (Hocus Pocus Version) (Sunbonnets) (The Sunbonnets will be dressed as the Sanderson Sisters)
People Are Strange (Trixie and Gomer) (Trixie will be dressed as a ballroom dancer from The Haunted Mansion)
Season Of The Witch (Teddi Barra) (Teddi will be in a witch costume and her swing will be decorated to look like a flying broom)
The Devil Went Down To Georgia (Ernest) (Ernest will have devil horns on his hat and a golden fiddle in his hands)
Blood On The Saddle (Big Al) (Big Al remains in his usual outfit, but some jack o lanterns and hay bales are put near him)
Headless Horseman (Henry and the Bear Rugs) (A compilation of scenes from Ichabod and Mr Toad is projected in the background) (Henry's outfit in this song is based on the outfit Brom Bones wears in Ichabod And Mr. Toad)
Night On Bald Mountain (Gomer) (Similar to Headless Horseman, the Bald Mountain scene from Fantasia, sans Ave Maria, will be projected onto a screen) (Gomer will be dressed as the Phantom of the Opera)

Last edited:

Original Poster
@Magicart87 and @The Chatbox Ghost, I think Everybody was there just by virtue of its music video, which featured the Boys dressed like Gothic literary monsters (i.e Dracula, Frankenstein's Monster, a Mummy (Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, wrote a story about a Mummy that comes back to life, as did Edgar Allan Poe), and The Phantom Of The Opera) in a Gothic/Victorian-influenced setting.

Currently, I'm revising my CBJ Halloween and the playlist is mostly 80s songs with some 50s and 70s songs added in to diversify the sounds heard in the show. Here are said songs:
Weird Science
Thriller
Ghostbusters
Dead Man's Party
Monster Mash
I Put A Spell On You (Hocus Pocus Version)
The Devil Went Down To Georgia
Blood On The Saddle
Headless Horseman
Oooh I love this list! Very interested and excited to see who is paired with what song!

EagleScout610

It's a joke ... I do that.
Premium Member
CBJ - Cross Country (Bears)

Tagline: Summer vacation has arrived and the Bears are crossing the country to sing some of their favorite tunes.

Henry/5BR - The Great Outdoors - Original Vacation Hoedown
Trixie - Sweet Summer Lovin’ - Dolly Parton
Romeo - Take it Easy - Eagles
Wendell/Henry- Merrily on Our Way to Nowhere - ‘Wind in the Willows’
Five Bear Rugs- Campfire Medley - 4/5 campfire songs mashed together
Sun Bonnets - California Bears - Original Vacation Hoedown
Teddi Barra - How Far I’ll Go - from Moana.
Shaker/Ernest- I’ve Been Everywhere - Johnny Cash (The joke is Ernest plays too fast for Shaker to recite where he’s been)
Big Al - Ramblin’ Bear - Parody of ‘Ramblin Man’ by Ricky Nelson.
Whole Group/Finale - On the Open Road - A Goofy Movie
Closing - On the Road Again (Wendell tries to show the audiance his vacation slides but can't because everybody is leaving)

Original Poster
"The Country Bears Take Hollywood"
  • Henry and The Five Bear Rugs - "Hooray for Hollywood" from Hollywood Hotel
  • The Sun Bonnets - "9 to 5" from 9 to 5
  • Trixie & Gomer - "As Time Goes By" from Casablanca
  • Shaker- "Cheek to Cheek" from Top Hat
  • Romeo McGrowl - "Can't Help Falling in Love" from Blue Hawaii
  • The Five Bear Rugs - "Let It Ride" from The Country Bears
  • Ernest the Dude - "When You Wish Upon a Star" from Pinocchio
  • Wendell & Big Al - "When a Cowboy Trades His Spurs for Wings" from The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
  • Henry & Sammy "Lavender Blue" from So Dear to My Heart - Henry and Sammy
  • Teddi Barra - "Over the Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz
  • Cast (minus Ernest and Shaker) - "Rainbow Connection" from The Muppet Movie
  • Exit Music - "Hooray for Hollywood" (Instrumental)
Updated 8/10/24: Replaced Romeo's song since it didn't actually originate from a movie, and also reordered the show a bit so it flows better.
Updated this one a bit! Planning on doing a script at some point.

Original Poster
Not bad for your first script in years! My only notes would be to shorten the songs- CBJ typically doesn’t do full length songs since the show tends to be 15 minutes and under. Also, as far as I’m aware, it’s impossible to have Ernest right after Big Al (and vice versa) since they share a stage, and as far as I’m aware, they rotate slowly. Overall fun show though!

cdunlap

Not bad for your first script in years! My only notes would be to shorten the songs- CBJ typically doesn’t do full length songs since the show tends to be 15 minutes and under. Also, as far as I’m aware, it’s impossible to have Ernest right after Big Al (and vice versa) since they share a stage, and as far as I’m aware, they rotate slowly. Overall fun show though!
Thanks! I really appreciate this feedback and the information you provided!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom