News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

J.E.Smith

It's interesting though that there seem to be two camps of people regarding the new show. The people who like the new show and think it's a tasteful revamp, and the group who thinks it's another IP singalong.

I'm in the fun revamp crowd. While I miss having the Sun Bonnets having their own number (which I blame the show's short run time), I do like the renditions of the songs that are there. I like how they made Kiss The Girl into an Elvis-sounding bit for Romeo (with him even sounding like his old Elvis impression). While I never really cared for Fixer-Upper in Frozen, I think it works as a fast, country song like it does her. But while Blood On The Saddle is gone, Vacation Hoedown didn't have it either, so I wasn't expecting it to return anyways. (Though it being used as the second reprise would have been funny)

Comped

That’s a shame. Why didn’t they update him? They could’ve just gave him the outfit he has in the show!
Allegedly, it's because Tokyo has refused to update to MK's version, and Disney wants the names of the characters the same for M&Gs worldwide for "character integrity". First time I've heard that phrase come out of modern management in a long time... And they should have been caring about it a long time ago, long before this.

So I guess Disney is trying to shift the blame onto OLC?

Sneakman

Allegedly, it's because Tokyo has refused to update to MK's version, and Disney wants the names of the characters the same for M&Gs worldwide for "character integrity". First time I've heard that phrase come out of modern management in a long time... And they should have been caring about it a long time ago, long before this.

So I guess Disney is trying to shift the blame onto OLC?
rip Romeo meet and greet. What a shame. Hope they can make another costume to pick up his slack, but I doubt it. Henry maybe? Trixie?

Also is Tokyo getting kinda angry at American disney with all the retheme attempts on them, or am I looking too deep into it?

The Chatbox Ghost

So, do we have any idea who the voices aside from Trixie, Wendell and (I think) Teddi are? I recall thinking Buff sounded a bit like Fred Tatasciore to me...
I made this table for the Wikipedia page last night, the only voice we know outside of the ones announced by Disney themselves is Romeo, who's voiced by Robert "Big Sandy" Williams.
1721160160716.png

If I made any mistakes on these by the way, let me know!

The Chatbox Ghost

Apologies if this has already been asked or mentioned, but I noticed in a couple of the online videos of the show that bloggers posted that the beginning of "Try Everything" was cut out - was there some strange copyright concern?
At WDW.NT (I work there), it was because of a copyright claim. It was later revealed by Drew the Disney Dude that there will indeed be music streaming starting tomorrow, no confirmation on if it'll be more than Try Everything though.

Sneakman

If the show gets enough positive reviews, maybe this will convince OLC.
D
I made this table for the Wikipedia page last night, the only voice we know outside of the ones announced by Disney themselves is Romeo, who's voiced by Robert "Big Sandy" Williams.
View attachment 800920
If I made any mistakes on these by the way, let me know!
Say what you want about Tiana’s bayou adventure, but man does that attraction have a diverse voice acting range!

The Chatbox Ghost

My friend is at MK and the Bears have gone backstage due to the rain. The CM says Shaker, Big Al and Wendell will be back if it stops. Romeo is retired.
View attachment 800941
Wait, is Shaker getting a new costume? Why would they redo him and not Romeo too? It’s not even like it’s a big change, just new clothes and a blonde wig. Are the CMs/park app calling him Romeo or still calling him Liver Lips?

It’s a shame to lose him, especially since he’s been around since the 70s and his new design for CBMJ is one of the best.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom