News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

J.E.Smith

Here's what the northern states say about that to this Imagineer..
940.gif
Well, I had to go to church and hadn't heard the whole thing, but along with the whole "You don't hear country music up north" thing, I just heard something more interesting: they went through the archives and discovered one of the earliest notes for Country Bear dating back to 1968.

It said, "Please find xylophone, snare drum, and bass drum arrangements for the Bear Band show for the songs Heigh Ho and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo". So sounds like they were considering having the bears singing Disney songs at one point even for the original show!

C33Mom

Well, I had to go to church and hadn't heard the whole thing, but along with the whole "You don't hear country music up north" thing, I just heard something more interesting: they went through the archives and discovered one of the earliest notes for Country Bear dating back to 1968.

It said, "Please find xylophone, snare drum, and bass drum arrangements for the Bear Band show for the songs Heigh Ho and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo". So sounds like they were considering having the bears singing Disney songs at one point even for the original show!
Did anybody see the arrangements and determine if they were countrified or just straight BBB with some slight differences in instruments?

celluloid

There is a difference from implementing ideas of famous Disney songs as a tribute, vs the entire show.

Davy Crockett ended up being the choice in the original show and was well implemented.

Heigh Ho was implemented into Tiki Room as a parody, and we may have gotten something similar for Country Bear. How the Tiki use it as exit music is essentially a parody in the tone of the show with the rest of Wally Boag's script and that song being one of the most Disney played of the time.

J.E.Smith

There is a difference from implementing ideas of famous Disney songs as a tribute, vs the entire show.

Davy Crockett ended up being the choice in the original show and was well implemented.

Heigh Ho was implemented into Tiki Room as a parody, and we may have gotten something similar for Country Bear. How the Tiki use it as exit music is essentially a parody in the tone of the show with the rest of Wally Boag's script and that song being one of the most Disney played of the time.
Yeah, exactly. Still learning such trivia is interesting because I don't think the note has ever been mentioned before.

I suppose them dropping Heigh Ho and BBB during the move to WDW made sense, since Tiki had it next door, and you had BBB over at Mickey Mouse Revue.

celluloid

Yeah, exactly. Still learning such trivia is interesting because I don't think the note has ever been mentioned before.

I suppose them dropping Heigh Ho and BBB during the move to WDW made sense, since Tiki had it next door, and you had BBB over at Mickey Mouse Revue.

It is amazing that they put such thought as "maybe this song is played enough" compared to now isn't it?

A great example of what has changed.

celluloid

Another thing is that they mentioned they did try to have Sammy on top of Henry's hat, but Sammy wouldn't fit the cowboy hat without making it look like Goofy's and it looked weird, so they had to move him down behind the speaker.

Sammy would look weird on top of a cowboy hat, because the gag only worked as a nod to the Raccoon-skinned cap. They should have had a version of Henry with a Top hat as that was the look of an Emcee.

Ironically, they just figured since it is country everyone must wear a cowboy hat whenever possible. That is what is silly on them.

It is a fallacy that he could not have still had the gag designed with the original style hat.

J.E.Smith

Sammy would look weird on top of a cowboy hat, because the gag only worked as a nod to the Raccoon-skinned cap. They should have had a version of Henry with a Top hat as that was the look of an Emcee.

Ironically, they just figured since it is country everyone must wear a cowboy hat whenever possible. That is what is silly on them.

It is a fallacy that he could not have still had the gag designed with the original style hat.
I suppose with Henry's new outfit, I guess they were going for a cliché modern Nashville host look?

J.E.Smith

Watching videos of the D23 showing more, and Teddi's nails have been painted red. Big Al's fur around his head as been readjusted too looks like.

Attachments

• teddinail.png
    teddinail.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 38
  • alfur.png
    alfur.png
    613.6 KB · Views: 38

Smiley/OCD

I finally watched the video and while I know it's a video and I'm not "in the moment," I feel that I get enough of the show to be able to form an opinion on it.
For me, it just doesn't work. It's awesome to see some new life and love put into the attraction (the smoking fiddle is a great touch!), but the show itself just isn't good.

The songs don't hit. Kiss the Girl is ok but even that isn't better than anything from the previous incarnation. Big Al singing Remember Me (in a VERY short scene) is a huge swing and a miss.

Even at the end of it's life the finale had people stomping feet and clapping...the videos I've watched just have people singing along to Bare Necessities... while they are singing...they're not "feeling it."

I keep seeing the Under New Management being brought up in comparison and how it's "better than that." Personally, I don't know if it really is. Compared to the Tiki Birds, Iago and Zazu were really good new animatronics. The show itself was annoying but isn't that in line with the characters? To me, this new CBJ show just falls flat and really has nothing to do with the Bears.

Why not license some songs to refresh it?
Big Al singing "Friends in Low Places"
Trixie singing "Tears on my Guitar"
The Bear Rugs could get the crowd stomping their feet with an original
Bonnets could sing a Dixie Chicks song.

I'm saddened by it because I had such high hopes with the Bare Necessities video they first posted. Loved the original show and now it's just another Disney singalong that has no connection to the theme.
The Bonnets could’ve sang “Goodbye Al instead of “Goodbye Earl”…

The Chatbox Ghost

And "Davy Crockett" is a Disney song too! So there's a precedent. I get why people don't like this show, and I think the "You don't hear country music up north" excuse is BS, but this behind-the-scenes doesn't detract from the experience.

Sneakman

Wait I’m curious, with the costume change and name stuff, they didn’t update Romeo’s walk around character, is he retired now that the new show is open?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom