News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

MerlinTheGoat

I believe Paris has yet to receive such extensive overhauls to its effects. It always had a few extras that Cali was lacking to begin with (like some water reflections on skull rock and the mural behind the indian village). They did add the updated spotlight of Peter's shadow in the nursery. But other than that, not even sure if they've added anything more since it first opened. The ocean surrounding the island isn't squared off like Cali, so it's not as awkward with a bit of brighter movement. There ARE already a few water effects used on parts of the island, though mostly on the waterfalls and mermaid lagoon. There surrounding water also has some ripples/sparkle effects, but it's more subdued than Cali's. Here's Paris' for reference-

1704856382111.png

Shanghai's island has some moving water effects on the main ocean, but it's far more subtle than Cali's. The surrounding ocean is also again not a square shape like Cali, and looks much more natural. Here's what it looks like-

1704858582376.png

Shanghai uses a lot of projection effects for characters though, sometimes to its detriment as I think animatronics would have been preferable (the figures it does have are nice though). There are also fewer characters in general in their version. No mermaids, natives, lost boys and fewer pirates.

And then again, you also have Tokyo's, which again has a very messed up and bizarre looking shape to it. And I forgot to mention super tiny... And again, the setpieces for the mermaids, natives and lost boys just plopped down randomly one after the other in an otherwise empty narrow corridor with nothing but the black void of space and some stars. The stars are one of the only real improvements to this version, which are admittedly better than a truly black void.

1704857967827.png

1704859292210.png

Last edited:

LittleBuford

The announcement from DisneyParks Blog-
I had hoped they’d play with the original lyrics of the songs, but this clip suggests otherwise, which is a shame.

_caleb

Not a projection so to speak, but i'll note one particular issue with lighting. The nursery at Disneyland was massively brightened up in one of the major renovations from recent years. This room was previously lit with a much warmer reddish maroon hue, whereas it now has a much more cool white-blue appearance. But to make matters worse, this light also spills out into the first area of the London scene as the window opens and you fly outside. Casting too much of that bright white light on the UV painted props and murals. Washing them out, revealing too much of the building structure and breaking the illusion.
I’d be interested in hearing from @baharini (the Light Bulb Aficionado) about whether this is a hardware issue

JohnD

Properly installed - that is not an issue. LED is becoming the new standard for stage and theatrical lighting - you can get the same warmth from LED if done properly.
Well, maybe it wasn't. I'm personally dealing with outside lights which used to be warm. Now they are bright and glaring and beaming through my window. It's not a regular window with curtains, blinds, etc. It's one of those opaque things.

TrainsOfDisney

Well, maybe it wasn't. I'm personally dealing with outside lights which used to be warm. Now they are bright and glaring and beaming through my window. It's not a regular window with curtains, blinds, etc. It's one of those opaque things.
When searching for bulbs look for the lumens and color temperature.

In your case you would need bulbs with less lumens and a warmer temperature.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I feel like this would’ve gone over a lot better if it was simply updating to more modern country songs than what’s currently there (Queen of Hearts, All my exes live in Texas, etc.) and Bear Necessities was simply there to replace the Ballad of Davey Crockett as the new shows “Disney” song. Speaking of which is “Bear Tracks” original to the show?
How fun would it have been to hear one of the ladies sing “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?” They could have even changed the lyrics to “whose bed have your paws been under?” Definitely a missed opportunity.

Cmdr_Crimson

With them closing it soon. I'm sure they will also update what the Bears will look like in their M&G versions..It would look great to have them all in their new outfits and even to see guest calling Liverlips as Romeo now when you see him...To this day I still would really like to see a Henry M&G..They had one for the Disney on Parade tour....It's a shame this never came to the parks.
9a02b524c44d4f5399222e1641be59f1.jpg

TomboyJanet

This new show HAS to have Oodellolly from Robin Hood or I'm considering it a flop!!!!!!

jk BUT It would be a tragedy to not include it

I actually am happy to see them continue the life of the bears instead of scrapping them for stupid oversaturation.

I expect other songs like
You got a friend in me
Bear Necessities
Winnie the pooh theme
anything bear related really

Probably anything remotely related to folk and country too.

What I think wont work are songs like
Let it go
anything from Moanna
Hakuna Matada

too far from the theme.

Horizonsfan

If they open the show with an IP song, an abridged & country-fied version of “Welcome” from Brother Bear seems like a good/not-overused song to go with.

That said, I’m sure it’ll be one of the songs they’ve completely wore out.

J.E.Smith

Ernest's getup looks like Bert from Mary Poppins so I wonder if he'll be doing something Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
(There's an idea, maybe have him speed it up in a quicker country rhythm and screw up trying to pronounce it to give it a silly Country Bear flavor to it. Though on the other hand, messing up a song is Big Al's thing. Like they could have Al try singing a fast paced song, but because of his slow style of singing he can't keep up and he's out of sync lol. I hope they keep Al's trademark badly tuned guitar twangs)

Also, if it's taking till summer will the programming and costume changes take that long? I hope they aren't making any changes to the inside of the theater to make it look like a modern Nashville theater or something and it keeps its old look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom