News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

basas

Honestly, I don’t like this refurb one bit.

If they needed to upgrade the act, would have preferred the bears to be singing classic American folk songs (the kind you’d sing around a campfire at camp).

I like Toy Story, but we don’t need any more “you’ve got a friend in me”. And “a whole new world”….again, I like the song, but it doesn’t exactly scream “country” to me.

C33Mom

I think on balance I might prefer the new act to the final version at WDW before they closed it (though I’m really skeptical of some choices)… but I also would love (frankly prefer) classic American folk songs or a mix of country music and some of the folksy songs from Vacation Hoedown.

Has someone familiar with Disney operations and imagineering explained how difficult/easy it would be to have two versions of the show— like either alternating (with a posted schedule so guests could queue for the version they want to see) or potentially Disney IP version from park open to 6pm and then the country/folk/classic version in the evening?

basas

I think on balance I might prefer the new act to the final version at WDW before they closed it (though I’m really skeptical of some choices)… but I also would love (frankly prefer) classic American folk songs or a mix of country music and some of the folksy songs from Vacation Hoedown.

Has someone familiar with Disney operations and imagineering explained how difficult/easy it would be to have two versions of the show— like either alternating (with a posted schedule so guests could queue for the version they want to see) or potentially Disney IP version from park open to 6pm and then the country/folk/classic version in the evening?

Not sure it would be as easy, but they did something similar with the Beauty and the Beast sing along (appeals more to children) and Impressions de France (appeals more to adults) at Epcot. Not sure if they are still doing this?

basas

Disney isn't trying to appeal anymore to fans of our generation. And that's exactly right.

They want younger generations. Younger generations don't care about Country Bear nostalgia. They want to hear music they associate with Disney.
So Disney is redoing their songs with some country twang, hoping to bring in a new generation of fans who will hold nostalgia for this ride as they get older.
I know it's hard to hear, but we are getting old. It would a terrible business decision to keep catering to those of us who want to hang on to our youth/nostalgia a little longer.

That said, I probably still won't sit through this. 😄

Speak for yourself.

basas

Of course it's an opinion. But it's not a popular attraction. It'd bad because the audio quality was awful in that building, the lyrics are cringy and I don't really like explaining the off color jokes to my young kids. The whole thing was due for an overhaul.

Saying it was bad and uninteresting is an opinion. My point with TP is that it is at the bottom of attractions in the park. My opinion of Bad and Uninteresting is in context of what else is available in the rest of the Park.

Between this thread and Tiana’s, why do you keep insisting everything be geared towards your grandkids? You guys are not the only ones visiting the parks. If you had a problem with the jokes, skip it and go see something else.

davis_unoxx

Between this thread and Tiana’s, why do you keep insisting everything be geared towards your grandkids? You guys are not the only ones visiting the parks. If you had a problem with the jokes, skip it and go see something else.
His grandkids would be more excited by him getting them an ice cream sandwich than anything.

By saying you don’t care about my grandkids or other kids it’s just a form of bullying to people with differing opinions that simple. I really don’t care what his grandkids think of an attraction, we shouldn’t use people that are that age and get excited by Blue’s Clues to replace attractions that are a work of art.

TrainsOfDisney

So… what’s funny about Try Everything or Whole New World? The point of the Bears is they sang funny and/or incongruous songs. That was the entertainment value.

This is going to be another TBA-a flat, bland, safe nothing that misses the entire point of the original.
Try Everything sounds like it could be funny and in the same style as the traditional bears. It’s a forgettable song from a somewhat forgettable movie but has potential.

I can see whole new world being funny but it definitely seems out of place.

pumpkin7

It was butchered during the retheme in... 2016 was it? When they cut half the songs and tried to make it flow still. It didn't work.
I would've preferred personally if they did use American folk songs or something not completely styled to Disney songs. I'm from the UK and the Country Bears were a little insight into the great US of A. I was 9 when we first visited WDW and I remember the bears vividly. They were awesome. I understood none of the jokes but singing bears!
As a 21 year old, I went back with my new husband and we were all clapping and cheering as the bears played.

Oh well. Nothing is safe. Hopefully this will be done nicely.

TrainsOfDisney

It was butchered during the retheme in... 2016 was it? When they cut half the songs and tried to make it flow still. It didn't work.
I personally thought it worked well and the cuts made were smart. I think the same of the tiki room original DL vs. cut in WDW - how many times do we need to hear the chorus of let’s all sing like the birdies lol.

pumpkin7

I personally thought it worked well and the cuts made were smart. I think the same of the tiki room original DL vs. cut in WDW - how many times do we need to hear the chorus of let’s all sing like the birdies lol.
Maybe I just knew the original too well. I just preferred it and when they shortened it, it just felt like it didn't flow correctly.

Iago was the main issue with the WDW one for me 😂

eddie104

I don’t get why Tiana is even being mentioned in this thread considering the scope of this project is not the same and they are not ripping out anything but changing the tunes they sing.

Also a few wardrobe changes as well as animatronic improvements.

Overall this isn’t as extensive of an update in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom