News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

JohnD

I’m glad to hear that there will be Easter eggs. Also I feel that the article narrows down which ‘familiar tune’ we will be getting. They directly reference several lines from Bear Band Serenade like ‘real ol’ country rhythm.’ However, at the end they make it seem like Come Again could still be featured. Is it possible that we could get both? Technically Come Again is the exit loop and not ‘part of the show’
I'm hoping for Bear Band Serenade. It would start off with the same intro of the band then move into the new pieces.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't believe Disney actually put out an article about the country bears getting new outfits. Must be a slow news day

Disney Fans: How come we haven't heard anything? It's opening soon and they haven't said anything. Their marketing is awful.

Also Disney Fans:
Why are they bothering to give us behind the scenes details? Must be a slow news day for this worthless drivel.

Brian

So a Woodys puppet show would be better for you
To be clear, I'd prefer for IP developed for the parks to remain fully intact without injecting needless and overused studio IP into it. IP has its place, and there are a number of great examples of IP adding to the park experience from both the early days of Disneyland to relatively recent day, but CBJ should have been left alone.

It bothers me enough to the point that yes, I would rather see an overt IP takeover of the space than the bears remaining and singing studio IP songs all for the sake of "relevancy." The bears don't need IP songs to be successful, they can stand on their own.

brb1006

Disney has shared a first look at new costumes:

I'm so glad Disney finally upgraded the faces for Bunny, Bubbles, and Beulah Stun (aka "The Sun Bonnets"). Hated how they looked previously.
maxresdefault.jpg

BrianLo

I love the original Country Bear Jamboree and its Smoky Mountains flair. I also love this and its Grand Ole Opry, Nashville aesthetic. I only wish there was a way to have both.

For 15k Adventures by Disney will fly you in Dreamliner economy seat to Tokyo to experience both in one day!*

*Accommodations, Transfers, Park reservations, park tickets, luggage, airline seat selections and food not included.

Haymarket2008

They’re only doing this because they’re infusing the show with “relevant” IPs.

Yes and no. Historically the Country Bears have had 3 entirely different editions to present. This is merely the 4th. This gives them the option to do something new down the line.

They could have easily trashed this and made it a dining location. The Country Bears singing songs from the Disney songbook may be low hanging fruit, yes, but I’d much rather a large amount of capital investment be thrown at them than their outright removal.

The company recognize their popularity. I don’t think they would have kept them around if they weren’t.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom