News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

In the Parks
No
Thank God, they changed the faces back to something less nightmare-inducing and not nearly as goblin-esque as they were most recently.

New:
1716223444031.png

Previous:
1705035188816.png

Tokyo for reference:
1705035227957.png

Ice Gator

So forgive me if this has been answered/confirmed before- but will the bears actually be singing country covers of Disney animation songs, or will it be more of a country star tribute (Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, etc.)?

I’m hoping it’s the latter- a few classic and modern pop country songs, but I’ve seen a lot of posts/rumors about them singing covers to strictly Disney music.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
So forgive me if this has been answered/confirmed before- but will the bears actually be singing country covers of Disney animation songs, or will it be more of a country star tribute (Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, etc.)?

I’m hoping it’s the latter- a few classic and modern pop country songs, but I’ve seen a lot of posts/rumors about them singing covers to strictly Disney music.
It appears to be the former. This is from the DPB post:

While the Country Bear Musical Jamboree will include easter eggs from the beginning to the end including a familiar tune fans may remember, the bears will sing new, reinterpreted Disney tunes in different genres of country music – like bluegrass, pop-country, Americana, rockabilly, and other styles.

JohnD

That is much better, honestly. Their old costume looked like something my Mom would have sewn for my sisters after a trip to Jo Ann Fabrics. The new costumes look like a professional made them.

No offense to my mom.
That was the whole point with the old costumes. They were frumpy, their faces were plain, and "anyone who turns me on turns me down." Just one of several aspects of the old show they're ditching.

_caleb

I can't believe Disney actually put out an article about the country bears getting new outfits. Must be a slow news day
The slow drip release of behind-the-scenes details is fuel for an extremely effective social media ecosystem. Literally millions of dollars will be made by just this short video.

And the end result is a far-reaching, largely uncritical marketing apparatus that has the most loyal (and lucrative) corners of Disney's audience talking about a refresh of a 50-year-old animatronic show well before it is revealed to the public.

Comped

Arguably Disney probably couldn't afford to be able to get the rights to do a lot more popular songs. (Dolly is completely out for obvious reasons.) The songs that they had in this show previously were not popular, and ended up being licensed rather cheaply and performed by a band I'm sure none of you have ever heard of. I have to find it again, but I read a whole series of articles about the music from the show and how much of it was obscure by the time the attraction opened, never mind now.

Ice Gator

It appears to be the former. This is from the DPB post:

While the Country Bear Musical Jamboree will include easter eggs from the beginning to the end including a familiar tune fans may remember, the bears will sing new, reinterpreted Disney tunes in different genres of country music – like bluegrass, pop-country, Americana, rockabilly, and other styles.
Okay. Interesting, thank you for the clarification. I wonder which songs they’ll choose to cover? I feel like there’s gotta be at least one from Princess and the Frog. Maybe You Got a Friend in Me? Trying to think of Disney films/music that could fit well with a southern/western twang.

zipadee999

I’m glad to hear that there will be Easter eggs. Also I feel that the article narrows down which ‘familiar tune’ we will be getting. They directly reference several lines from Bear Band Serenade like ‘real ol’ country rhythm.’ However, at the end they make it seem like Come Again could still be featured. Is it possible that we could get both? Technically Come Again is the exit loop and not ‘part of the show’

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom