News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

Cmdr_Crimson

Several non-Disney-approved words entered my internal monologue
be4c0148-ef47-4f6e-839e-4b9dff0790c8_text.gif

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I'm curious when the CB decision was made. I understand it was announced in September but September to January is not enough time for new merch. Even if decided months before announcement it could have been a "left hand not talking to the right" thing where consumer products didn't know with enough time.

Mike S

Personally my biggest issue with the ending was the fact they just walked an empty theater. Should've opened the curtain and had at least a few bears out. Make the wait feel worth it with a up close look at the band
I was on the last ride ever of Universe of Energy. We broke down as we entered the Prehistoric Diorama and whenever they realized they couldn’t get the ride going again they got us out and let us walk around. I even, very gently, touched one of the animatronics. The spitting one. Got a picture with it along with my brother.

It was the best goodbye I could’ve asked for to my favorite ride when I was a kid. I loved Dinosaurs and still do.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Jim Hill told a story about trying to be the last rider on, I think, World of Motion's last ride. He and another guy were staring each other off to be the last rider and I believe it was Jim that relented. Both got on the ride vehicle and it was going great until it stopped before the end and riders were evacuated. Neither finished the last ride. CMs said something about the time to reboot and that they weren't going to do it at close. Or something like that. @lentesta may have the details about Disney history repeating itself.

Edit: or maybe it was Universe of Energy and @Mike S and Jim Hill were there at the same time. Some say it's a small world.

brb1006

Jim Hill told a story about trying to be the last rider on, I think, World of Motion's last ride. He and another guy were staring each other off to be the last rider and I believe it was Jim that relented. Both got on the ride vehicle and it was going great until it stopped before the end and riders were evacuated. Neither finished the last ride. CMs said something about the time to reboot and that they weren't going to do it at close. Or something like that. @lentesta may have the details about Disney history repeating itself.
Looking forward to this discussion in a future episode of the Disney Dish.

J.E.Smith

I just realized, if it wasn't possible to open the curtains and have the bears out, they could have also at least got the bear walkarounds out in the theater (or have them dance with the CMs singing in the lobby). Unless of course since it was so close to closing they wanted to funnel the people in and out quickly

Cmdr_Crimson

I was at Mercantile right after I saw the show, so a little bit after 4: 15 or so, and the poor CM working the register said that it's all she'd been asked about the entire day. Kind of annoying because I absolutely would have bought a pin or two if available.
They probably learned from Splash Mountain's demise..That if you close something the scalpers will take the bounty leaving nothing to no one..But, if they "Had" anything a closing tour shirt with the years dated of Jamboree, Hoedown and Christmas would have been nice.

Cmdr_Crimson

I just realized, if it wasn't possible to open the curtains and have the bears out, they could have also at least got the bear walkarounds out in the theater (or have them dance with the CMs singing in the lobby). Unless of course since it was so close to closing they wanted to funnel the people in and out quickly
Shame they didn't have the bears on the balcony on the outside of the theater when it closed..That could have worked since they were doing that since Covid.

SpectreJordan

Somehow I doubt that anyone watching the show is thinking to themselves, "Yeah, this is good, but y'know what would make it FANTASTIC? If the bears were singing 'Let It Go'!"
I have no attachments to any of the songs from the original show (except Davy Crockett) nor did the show win me over on them. So, this will be an improvement for me. More recent country songs might've been a more appropriate choice though.

SpectreJordan

They could have just as easily picked more modern (and by modern I mean 20-40 year old songs that are already classics) country music and had the same effect. Imagine Trixie belting out “Jolene,” Shaker doing “All my Exes live in Texas” or Earnest doing “Calling Baton Rouge.” Big Al would of course sing “Blood on the Saddle” because you dont mess with perfection. I would also borrow from Vacation Hoedown and do “Rocky Top” and “Thank God I’m a Country Bear” with Bear Band Serenade and Come Again staying as well.
Yeah, this would've been a good alternative. I just don't think they could've kept going on with these ancient songs that modern audiences don't know of. I get the original show became a cult classic but if you didn't grow up with the show it just gives a "Huh?" reaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom