News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

LittleBuford

I get the original show became a cult classic but if you didn't grow up with the show it just gives a "Huh?" reaction.
I experienced the show for the first time at about the age of 20 and fell instantly in love, so I don’t agree. That said, I have a penchant for high campery, so such a show was always going to appeal to me. It took my partner a while to come round.

DCBaker

Premium Member
A stage has been set up in front of Country Bear Jamboree.

IMG_1710.jpeg

IMG_1706.jpeg

IMG_1711.jpeg

OSUPhantom

I’ve been going to the Disney parks for almost 20 years now and only saw it this past December. Setting aside how technically bad the show equipment (AAs, sound, etc) was, I really didn’t care for it. I’m glad they’re updating it to be honest, otherwise I probably wouldn’t have seen it again.

In the Parks
No
It seems to me they gave out what they had on hand. Clearly no-one expected the bears to malfunction at the eleventh hour.
It seems like the rides they close ALWAYS break on their last day! They should expect it by this point!

Either way, they should have just opened the curtains! Or even run the show with the broken AAs. I'm sure if they made an announcement that some of the AAs are broken, the folks in line would have understood. But I guess that would have been bad show.

SpectreJordan

It seems like the rides they close ALWAYS break on their last day! They should expect it by this point!

Either way, they should have just opened the curtains! Or even run the show with the broken AAs. I'm sure if they made an announcement that some of the AAs are broken, the folks in line would have understood. But I guess that would have been bad show.
Would running the show with broken AAs potentially cause more damage to them? I'm not sure if the new show is getting entirely new AAs, but I think Disney would want to avoid further damage either way.

In the Parks
No
I'll bite. Why a stage?
They'll probably have Wendell singing When She Loved Me or Big Al singing Baby Mine, just to test out the idea of them singing Disney-IP.
Would running the show with broken AAs potentially cause more damage to them? I'm not sure if the new show is getting entirely new AAs, but I think Disney would want to avoid further damage either way.
Maybe, but if they weren't moving, maybe there's a safety that was enabled to prevent that? I'd like to know what they were actually trying to do while it was closed.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
It seems to me they gave out what they had on hand. Clearly no-one expected the bears to malfunction at the eleventh hour.
On one hand, they should've been ready in case things did go wrong at any moment, not just the 11th hour. On the other hand, given modern Disney, I'm glad they didn't just say go home when it went down.

LittleBuford

On one hand, they should've been ready in case things did go wrong at any moment, not just the 11th hour. On the other hand, given modern Disney, I'm glad they didn't just say go home when it went down.
I think it's a bit unrealistic and even unfair to expect them to have printed special posters to distribute in the event of a malfunction, especially since the bears aren't actually going away.

Homemade Imagineering

Brayden has insisted the AAs will be retrofitted with those industrial grade electric actuators. I’ve got a hard time seeing how they’ll use the existing mechs of each figure for this without heavy modification to the mounting spots for each hydraulic/pneumatic cylinder. Part of me thinks these will be from the ground up, so it’ll be interesting to see what ends up being the case. I’m not sure if the amount of time they’ve been working on the show is enough to build an entirely new set of AAs

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Brayden has insisted the AAs will be retrofitted with those industrial grade electric actuators. I’ve got a hard time seeing how they’ll use the existing mechs of each figure for this without heavy modification to the mounting spots for each hydraulic/pneumatic cylinder. Part of me thinks these will be from the ground up, so it’ll be interesting to see what ends up being the case. I’m not sure if the amount of time they’ve been working on the show is enough to build an entirely new set of AAs
I assumed they would replace where needed and then just reskin and reprogram. Wouldn't be disappointed if they show were given an all new AA ensemble though.

Brer Panther

Hey, why stop at the Country Bears? Nobody likes that "it's a small world" song - why don't we reimagine THAT attraction and have the dolls all sing Disney songs too?

The dolls in Scandinavia can all sing "For the First Time in Forever".

The dolls in Denmark can all sing "Let It Go" (yeah, Frozen doesn't take place in Denmark, but Hans Christian Anderson was born there, and the movie was kinda sorta based on a story he wrote, so it fits, right?).

The dolls in England can all sing "A Spoonful of Sugar".

The dolls in France can all sing "Be Our Guest".

The dolls in Scotland can all sing "Touch the Sky" from Brave.

The dolls in Ireland can all sing... I dunno, something from Darby O'Gill and the Little People?

The dolls in Belgium can all sing... well, there aren't any Disney movies that take place in Belgium (if I'm wrong, please fill me in), so how about "You've Got a Friend in Me"? After all, Toy Story is about toys, and "it's a small world" is filled with DOLLS...

The dolls in Holland can all sing Donald Duck's theme song since there are ducks in the Holland scene.

The dolls in Germany can all sing "Heigh Ho".

The dolls in Spain can all sing "Un Poco Loco" (there aren't any Disney movies taking place in Spain, and they speak Spanish in Spain, so it fits!).

The dolls in Italy can all sing "Bella Note".

The dolls in Switzerland can all sing - or rather, yodel - the Dwarfs' yodel song (or maybe they can yodel along with the dolls in Italy or something).

The dolls in Greece can all sing "Go the Distance".

The dolls in Russia can all sing that song Tina Fey and the gulag people sing in Muppets Most Wanted (because THAT won't be offensive towards Russians at all!).

The dolls in Israel can all sing something from The Small One since that's the only Disney production taking place in Israel... or, since that's not a currently popular IP, how about they sing "Try Everything"?

The dolls in Bali can all sing "Arabian Nights".

The dolls in India can all sing "The Bare Necessities".

The dolls in China can all sing "Honor To Us All".

The dolls in Japan can all sing... what's the name of that song from Big Hero 6 again?

The dolls in Egypt can all sing "A Whole New World" because at one point during that scene Aladdin and Jasmine visit Egypt so it fits.

The dolls and animals in Africa can all sing "Hakuna Matata" (and the elephant now makes a reference to Dumbo as you go under it because meta humor is automatically funny).

The penguins can all sing "Jolly Holiday" 'cause, y'know, they're penguins.

The dolls in Chile can all sing "Duff Beer For You, Duff Beer For Me" even though that song has nothing to do with Chile ('cause Disney owns The Simpsons now, dontchaknow).

The dolls in Brazil can all sing "Aquarela do Brazil" from Saludos Amigos.

The dolls in Central America can all sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno".

The dolls in Mexico can all sing "The Three Caballeros".

The dolls and animals in the rainforest can all sing "Little April Showers" - y'know, since it's RAINING in there.

The dolls in the South Pacific can all sing "How Far I'll Go".

The dolls in Hawaii can all sing "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride".

The dolls in Australia can all sing... well, neither of the two Disney movies that take place in Australia (The Rescuers Down Under and Finding Nemo) have songs in them, so let's just have the dolls sing "You're Welcome" (and one of the platypi says "Hey, where's Perry?" as a reference to Phineas and Ferb).

The dolls on the various Polynesian islands can all sing "We Know the Way".

And of course, the dolls in the grand finale can all sing a medley of "For the First Time in Forever", "We Don't Talk About Bruno", "Almost There", "Hakuna Matata", "Jolly Holiday", "You've Got a Friend in Me", "Part of Your World", "Be Our Guest", and "Try Everything".

And the postcards before the unload area have all been replaced by ads for Disney Plus. Gotta put in some sweet sweet synergy!

So, that's at least thirty-five different Disney songs, all of them playing AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. Those lines are gonna be super-long! Much longer than they are now!

NOTE: This was all sarcasm. I obviously do not think Disney should actually do this.

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Hey, why stop at the Country Bears? Nobody likes that "it's a small world" song - why don't we reimagine THAT attraction and have the dolls all sing Disney songs too?

The dolls in Scandinavia can all sing "For the First Time in Forever".

The dolls in Denmark can all sing "Let It Go" (yeah, Frozen doesn't take place in Denmark, but Hans Christian Anderson was born there, and the movie was kinda sorta based on a story he wrote, so it fits, right?).

The dolls in England can all sing "A Spoonful of Sugar".

The dolls in France can all sing "Be Our Guest".

The dolls in Scotland can all sing "Touch the Sky" from Brave.

The dolls in Ireland can all sing... I dunno, something from Darby O'Gill and the Little People?

The dolls in Belgium can all sing... well, there aren't any Disney movies that take place in Belgium (if I'm wrong, please fill me in), so how about "You've Got a Friend in Me"? After all, Toy Story is about toys, and "it's a small world" is filled with DOLLS...

The dolls in Holland can all sing Donald Duck's theme song since there are ducks in the Holland scene.

The dolls in Germany can all sing "Heigh Ho".

The dolls in Spain can all sing "Un Poco Loco" (there aren't any Disney movies taking place in Spain, and they speak Spanish in Spain, so it fits!).

The dolls in Italy can all sing "Bella Note".

The dolls in Switzerland can all sing - or rather, yodel - the Dwarfs' yodel song (or maybe they can yodel along with the dolls in Italy or something).

The dolls in Greece can all sing "Go the Distance".

The dolls in Russia can all sing that song Tina Fey and the gulag people sing in Muppets Most Wanted (because THAT won't be offensive towards Russians at all!).

The dolls in Israel can all sing something from The Small One since that's the only Disney production taking place in Israel... or, since that's not a currently popular IP, how about they sing "Try Everything"?

The dolls in Bali can all sing "Arabian Nights".

The dolls in India can all sing "The Bare Necessities".

The dolls in China can all sing "Honor To Us All".

The dolls in Japan can all sing... what's the name of that song from Big Hero 6 again?

The dolls in Egypt can all sing "A Whole New World" because at one point during that scene Aladdin and Jasmine visit Egypt so it fits.

The dolls and animals in Africa can all sing "Hakuna Matata" (and the elephant now makes a reference to Dumbo as you go under it because meta humor is automatically funny).

The penguins can all sing "Jolly Holiday" 'cause, y'know, they're penguins.

The dolls in Chile can all sing "Duff Beer For You, Duff Beer For Me" even though that song has nothing to do with Chile ('cause Disney owns The Simpsons now, dontchaknow).

The dolls in Brazil can all sing "Aquarela do Brazil" from Saludos Amigos.

The dolls in Central America can all sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno".

The dolls in Mexico can all sing "The Three Caballeros".

The dolls and animals in the rainforest can all sing "Little April Showers" - y'know, since it's RAINING in there.

The dolls in the South Pacific can all sing "How Far I'll Go".

The dolls in Hawaii can all sing "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride".

The dolls in Australia can all sing... well, neither of the two Disney movies that take place in Australia (The Rescuers Down Under and Finding Nemo) have songs in them, so let's just have the dolls sing "You're Welcome" (and one of the platypi says "Hey, where's Perry?" as a reference to Phineas and Ferb).

The dolls on the various Polynesian islands can all sing "We Know the Way".

And of course, the dolls in the grand finale can all sing a medley of "For the First Time in Forever", "We Don't Talk About Bruno", "Almost There", "Hakuna Matata", "Jolly Holiday", "You've Got a Friend in Me", "Part of Your World", "Be Our Guest", and "Try Everything".

And the postcards before the unload area have all been replaced by ads for Disney Plus. Gotta put in some sweet sweet synergy!

So, that's at least thirty-five different Disney songs, all of them playing AT THE EXACT SAME TIME. Those lines are gonna be super-long! Much longer than they are now!

NOTE: This was all sarcasm. I obviously do not think Disney should actually do this.
Iger wants to know where you got his plans from

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom