News Country Bear Jamboree is getting new songs and acts

PrinceofFantasy

You're probably right but personally, "Ernest the Dude", some of the overly-contrived backgrounds, and some of the songs chosen are giving me cause for concern.
The "overly-contrived backgrounds" have actually been used since Day One and were actually created by original show writers Al Bertino and Marc Davis. When the attraction first opened, they released the attraction's soundtrack on LP, and in the LP liner notes they had created detailed biographies for each of the bears, parts of which Disney here is mentioning once again.

Here is a post with all of their detailed biographies from the 1971 album notes:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The songs mostly weren't original to begin with. It was always styled as a musical revue that pulled together existing material in a silly way. It's still doing that, just with existing Disney material instead of random country music that is, for the most part, no longer part of the public consciousness in the way that it once was. If they were trashing a completely original score in favor of a few greatest hits, it would be more disappointing, but they're swapping out one set of older greatest hits for a newer (admittedly more self-serving) set.
Try Everything and Remember Me just screams Country Bears

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The songs mostly weren't original to begin with. It was always styled as a musical revue that pulled together existing material in a silly way. It's still doing that, just with existing Disney material instead of random country music that is, for the most part, no longer part of the public consciousness in the way that it once was. If they were trashing a completely original score in favor of a few greatest hits, it would be more disappointing, but they're swapping out one set of older greatest hits for a newer (admittedly more self-serving) set.
That is some top level spin there...bravo.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's ... the truth? The show never consisted of wholly original music. It was always a couple of originals framing out a series of recognizable (at one time) songs. This update is not a format change. It's a content change.
Sure, a content change to the same songs that play in a crap ton of shows already. *yawn*

How many more shows and attractions must include these overworked songs?

Surferboy567

I had hoped we might keep more of the original songs. Davy Crockett in particular seemed like a decent choice as both an actual IP song but also a traditional country ditty. I guess we'll see how the show ends up because the humor will be what makes it work not the song list per se.
No shot they were keeping Davy as much as I wanted them too. That song isn’t going to work for modern Disney.

Sneaky

The biggest lost is Ole Slew Foot and I will NOT be taking criticism. Everytime the theater lit up when that played.
I wish the “ol slew foot” and “blood on the saddle” rumors you had were real. Oh well. Hope the show is decent and still funny.

Brer Oswald

I guess the original song is the "big surprise" WDWMagic was teasing? Honestly not that surprising as every Country Bear show has opened with an original song, and most of the attractions of late have featured an original song. There's no telling if the song is good or not.

Moth

I wish the “ol slew foot” and “blood on the saddle” rumors you had were real
Ol Slew Foot was the first deconfirmation I got, and I just got told Blood on the Saddle was axed last week by two sources.

Come Again was a sucker's bet. And this is how I weed the weak leaks from the strong leaks.

I should take a look at what else those two sources said, something about a purple thingy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom