countdown to wdw trip..

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Now i know we all must have the disney counters on our computers to tell us exactly how many days,hrs, minutes and seconds till we leave for our magical trip and oh yes coming here helps very very much..but what else do you guys do to countdown till your upcoming trip,,,when it gets closer as it is for us...14 more days....we always say for instance..."well there's one more "real" week of work..."only 2 more saturdays to go.....or this time in 2 week we'll be flying"...so sad but true...at least every other week we take the girls and go get some clamcakes and chower(very new england thing) and go to our local airport (which is the one we'll be going to in couple weeks) and watch the planes take off....both our girls love it....and are so convinced that every plane does go to disney..and our oldest will say "is that our plane that we're taking to disney"? very cute..... it;s one of thoses things we do more often as our trip gets closer and closer.....oh we also take out our trip documents and look at them at least 1,000 times before we leave...which we just got them yesterday.....sorry to have gone on and on...lol..i'm just so excited about going back to disney soon...it's funny because i know for me as we'll as many others...each time feels lke the first time.....the excitment....of the trip coming...packing ..waiting for it to get here...the resort...getting your tickets and going to the magic kingdom....it never gets old....its funny because people always are asking me that "how can you get so excited you just went"?...simple ...it makes you feel like a kid again....its my laughing place....it always is a new experience....i love it all...ok back to my original question....sorry guys... :eek:

14 more days..till our magical fix!!!

CAPTAIN HOOK

Oh and I thought I was the only one who did this sort of stuff !!
We're past the kids to the airport thing but counting down ( 48 weeks and 5 days ) I seem to be annoying the whole family with that. Planning, now that really is my thing - Who to pay and when, taxis to book, kennels to book, tickets to book, itineraries to plan, ARs to sort out, purchases - clothes, films, digital media, Unofficial Guide - and so the list goes on.
Passing the time - trip videos to watch, photos to look at ...................and watch them over again.
I'm convinced that we nearly have as good a time planning as we do when we're at WDW

VacationMan

Abort Countdown... Abort Countdown.... Tropical Storm... Now a Hurricane, and 20+ Inches of rain = NO FUN IN THE SUN. Reset Countdown.....82 Days and counting....

:brick:

Nemo14

So it's not just me? (by the way it's "chowda" and clamcakes :animwink: ). We live right next to the airport, and I can't imagine anyone flying to anywhere but Orlando, especially on Southwest! As soon as we make our reservations, I watch the planes enviously, pack, repack, and then pack one more time. Then the morning that we leave, I check all the paperwork, recheck, repack one more time, then worry all the way to the airport. Once we're in the air though, all those worries magically disappear.

Have a great trip - 22 more days for us!:sohappy:

DisneyBunny

One Month from today!! To help the time pass a little quicker, I obsessivley plan every detail of our trip. I've got it all figured out on a spreadsheet with our dinner ressies and which parks we're visiting on which days....

and when I get bored of that, I stare at the menus on allearsnet and drool as I dream of all the food we're going to eat....

and when that gets old, I re-read my unofficial guide cover to cover.

Then I break out my Disney CDs.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.... Until it's time to go!

ZapperZ

Since I've entered my trip date on LaughingPlace, I get to see just exactly how many more days before my trip (currently at 8 more days and counting). However, I've been listening to my Disney CD's at work for the past 3 weeks or so. This is on top of all the other Disney items and decorations I have in my office.

So far I haven't driven anyone at work nuts, or at least they have been polite enough not to tell me so. :)

Zz.

Shellybelle

I'm getting so excited about our upcoming Nov. trip. It will be our first stay at Port Orleans, so I've just bought a PO license plate from ebay and I'm going around the house thinking about all the disney souveniers that will soon be decorating my kids' rooms. I'm jealous for all those listening to the disney cd's. I guess I'll include those on my shopping list!

ZapperZ

Shellybelle said:
I'm getting so excited about our upcoming Nov. trip. It will be our first stay at Port Orleans, so I've just bought a PO license plate from ebay and I'm going around the house thinking about all the disney souveniers that will soon be decorating my kids' rooms. I'm jealous for all those listening to the disney cd's. I guess I'll include those on my shopping list!

If you don't have any Disney CDs already, then I highly recommend getting the 2-CD set of Happiest Celebration on Earth CD. I dare you not to end up humming along with a few of the tunes on this one. :)

Zz.

Heatherbell

DisneyBunny said:
One Month from today!! To help the time pass a little quicker, I obsessivley plan every detail of our trip. I've got it all figured out on a spreadsheet with our dinner ressies and which parks we're visiting on which days....

and when I get bored of that, I stare at the menus on allearsnet and drool as I dream of all the food we're going to eat....

and when that gets old, I re-read my unofficial guide cover to cover.

Then I break out my Disney CDs.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.... Until it's time to go!

LOL!!!
When I read this I had to stop and say "Did I write this, I don't remember posting to this thread". Sounds like somehting I would write, verbatim. We too are going in one month...

rainfully

Here's a question... when you set your countdown clocks... do you set them to the time you LEAVE or to the time you ARRIVE? I do the time that I leave... cause to me that's when vacation starts. :)

2 Days 4 Hrs 35 Mins 20 Secs :D

So, in response to the OP's question... When it gets to about 2 weeks out... I go shopping practically EVERY day... :lol:

magicmom

29 more days! I too have to make lists of things I need to go buy for the trip (toiletries, clothes for the kids, me and hubby, the latest digital stuff, snacks for the trip, candy, what movies the kids will watch in the van on the way down) that kinda stuff.

We have all the PS we can fit into one trip. I have called and changed them around three times to better suit our parkhopping! I havent started packing but I am holding clothes in a special place in the kids closets so they don't get them gross and stained before we need to take them.

I bought the kids new sneakers so they have the next 4 weeks to break them in. And last but not least we are watching the vacation planning video every other night so the 18 month old twins will know who the characters are when we get there!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Nemo14 said:
So it's not just me? (by the way it's "chowda" and clamcakes :animwink: ). We live right next to the airport, and I can't imagine anyone flying to anywhere but Orlando, especially on Southwest! As soon as we make our reservations, I watch the planes enviously, pack, repack, and then pack one more time. Then the morning that we leave, I check all the paperwork, recheck, repack one more time, then worry all the way to the airport. Once we're in the air though, all those worries magically disappear.

Have a great trip - 22 more days for us!:sohappy:

silly me i should have known better..lol as we pak the ca at the airport!!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Shellybelle said:
I'm getting so excited about our upcoming Nov. trip. It will be our first stay at Port Orleans, so I've just bought a PO license plate from ebay and I'm going around the house thinking about all the disney souveniers that will soon be decorating my kids' rooms. I'm jealous for all those listening to the disney cd's. I guess I'll include those on my shopping list![/QUOte

you'll love port orleans...we always stay there riverside resort....also if you want to hear any disney theme music...just go to live 365...on your computer..its great..then go to the sorcerer radio...it plays everything in the whole disneyworld resort....from the tip of the day from resort tv...to the monorail speal..to at nite listening to spectromagic , wishes and illuminations...makes you feel that much closer to the magic.. :wave:

DisneyMissy

Rainfully, I start my countdown from the time I leave because that is when my vacation "officially" starts for me! I have calanders all marked!

Pippa

We have 81 days until our WDW honeymoon and 51 days until our wedding :sohappy:

I having been doing almost all of the above pre-trip rituals, will be starting the pre-trip diet so I can put it all back on again during the trip and have made ARs for Victoria & Alberts, Cinderellas and Le Cellier, booked the hire car, printed off coupons from various websites, booked the airport hotel for the night before we fly and a limousine to take us to POFQ from the airport. I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom