Costume change applies to MNSSHP?

NelleBelle

Our family purposely planned our trip to WDW just so we could attend MNSSHP on Halloween and dress up as family. We will be coming off a Halloween Disney cruise--I don't understand that if they encourage dressing in costume on the cruise ship why they would ban adults dressing up for a Trick-or-Treat party!! We've been planning this for a long time and I'll be joining the rest of you by NOT spending the money on the party if they won't allow costumes. Fingers crossed this is just for the non-party days and marathons.:grumpy:

Pirate Magic

We have been going to MNSSHP every year since 2012 ( there are four adults in our party the youngest is 23) . We wear costumes nothing elaborate, but if we can't get dressed in costumes we will NOT be attending this years party. Disney wants guest to pay extra and the guest can't do what we want. So they can keep their party. As guests all we do is pay and pay and get nothing in return. Every time guests at Disney get to do something that is fun Disney always does something to make the experince from a good one to a bad one.

dstrawn9889

We have been going to MNSSHP every year since 2012 ( there are four adults in our party the youngest is 23) . We wear costumes nothing elaborate, but if we can't get dressed in costumes we will NOT be attending this years party. Disney wants guest to pay extra and the guest can't do what we want. So they can keep their party. As guests all we do is pay and pay and get nothing in return. Every time guests at Disney get to do something that is fun Disney always does something to make the experince from a good one to a bad one.
you can NEVER 'do what you want' this is not Jerry Springer.

Pirate Magic

This is park that you are paying for NOT Jerry Springer. Never you must have a lot of time on your hands (l don't watch Jerry Springer, I have no time for it).

peter11435

This is park that you are paying for NOT Jerry Springer. Never you must have a lot of time on your hands (l don't watch Jerry Springer, I have no time for it).

The point is that just because you pay to be there doesn't mean you get to just do whatever you want. You still have to follow rules which in this case are there to keep you safe.

I find your comment about having to pay but getting nothing in return humorous. Sure you may not be able to where a costume any longer, but you still get 8 hours in the Magic Kingdom with most rides open, 5 hours of exclusivity, candy at the treat locations, special fireworks, special parade, and numerous other specialty entertainment offerings.

BEARSHOUSE4

This is one of those areas where everything is so fuzzy its impossible to define key terms. I believe the only way a policy will ever work regarding costumes is to either ban them all or allow them all. No grey areas....

Pirate Magic

Yes, I do believe you can't do everything you want to do in this life. I am paying for that privilege, the candy, the rides and for a little be a kid (which is in all of us). I myself would dress up a Disney tee shirt ( it was fun). I feel not be able to do that ( or to dress whatever way you wanted to dress is bringing the inner child out). It has been fun seeing how some Guests would dress up. That is the Magic of the whole thing not just the candy and the rides. Well at lest for me. As far as me we pay and get nothing for it (and you find it humorous) I have reading on this forum for many years and I have read how different Guest have missed a ride or a certain food. All of these things matter.

ToTBellHop

Yes, I do believe you can't do everything you want to do in this life. I am paying for that privilege, the candy, the rides and for a little be a kid (which is in all of us). I myself would dress up a Disney tee shirt ( it was fun). I feel not be able to do that ( or to dress whatever way you wanted to dress is bringing the inner child out). It has been fun seeing how some Guests would dress up. That is the Magic of the whole thing not just the candy and the rides. Well at lest for me. As far as me we pay and get nothing for it (and you find it humorous) I have reading on this forum for many years and I have read how different Guest have missed a ride or a certain food. All of these things matter.
You can still wear a Disney tee shirt...

mergatroid

Being a direct relative of her Majesty the Queen of England, I like to dress very smartly to distinguish myself from the lower classes (it's best that way I feel). However for MNSSHP I was considering ditching the Savile row suits I usually wear and make myself look more like a mere commoner perhaps just wearing a t-shirt and shorts like most of you, a costume for me so the speak. I am however a little concerned that the cm's seeing me and realising I'm too good to be in the type of attire that the rest of you wear, may therefore consider it a 'costume'.

No offence to the rest of you but it's all terribly bewildering ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom