Costume change applies to MNSSHP?

dreamfinder

Of course Celebration Place started the whole mess with the 'Show Your Disney Side' campaign and 'Disneybounding' got started....

Eh, you have your timeline flipped here. Disneybounding was first, then Celebration jumped on board with the Disney side campaign. You think they could have come up with that on their own? It didn't have "Magic", "Celebrate", "Dreams" or "Wishes" in the title.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Eh, you have your timeline flipped here. Disneybounding was first, then Celebration jumped on board with the Disney side campaign. You think they could have come up with that on their own? It didn't have "Magic", "Celebrate", "Dreams" or "Wishes" in the title.

Sorry about that and appreciate the correct timeline data cosplay has never been an interest of mine I was the kid who did not trick or treat because I hated dressing as someone other than myself

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Just wondering... Why isn't a hat that makes you look like you have ears like a mouse considered a costume? I don't think that would be something worn everyday.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It would be very hard to hide anything under the hat. The costume rule is for safety, not how you look in the park.

So costumes that you can't hide anything in are OK? I thought the policy says that no one over 14 is allowed to wear a costume. My question is more along the lines of what defines a costume. I would think that a costume would be wearing something that you don't normally wear. For me, wearing mouse ears falls into this category.

MagicHappens1971

So costumes that you can't hide anything in are OK? I thought the policy says that no one over 14 is allowed to wear a costume. My question is more along the lines of what defines a costume. I would think that a costume would be wearing something that you don't normally wear. For me, wearing mouse ears falls into this category.
I didn't say that you could wear a costume, I was stating that the rules are for safety, big bulky costumes can hide things. Mouse ears can't, and they're not considered a costume.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I didn't say that you could wear a costume, I was stating that the rules are for safety, big bulky costumes can hide things. Mouse ears can't, and they're not considered a costume.
But who defines what is a costume and what isn't? You say that mouse ears are not a costume. But what if a mouse tail is added? Is it a costume then, or is a fur suit needed for it to become a costume?

Also, cargo shorts and a sweatshirt can hide things, but these are not banned. You may say that these are screened at security, but why can't "costumes" be screened as well?

MissM

Sorry about that and appreciate the correct timeline data cosplay has never been an interest of mine I was the kid who did not trick or treat because I hated dressing as someone other than myself
Not to be pedantic, but Disneybounding and Cosplay are two separate things. To whit: Disneybounding is "normal" clothing worn inspired by a character, attraction, theme, etc. It's inspired by. Cosplaying is the art of making an accurate recreation of a character's costume. It's about being highly detailed and accurate in replicating the exact look.

i.e. Disneybound Snow White:
y.jpg

Cosplay Snow White:
FCMVGTJH8CVLH3J.LARGE.jpg

No one should confuse a Disneybound for a cast member or "authentic" character but a cosplayer would likely run into problems (and has, therefore, always been banned in the "no costumes on adults" policy.)

MagicHappens1971

But who defines what is a costume and what isn't? You say that mouse ears are not a costume. But what if a mouse tail is added? Is it a costume then, or is a fur suit needed for it to become a costume?

Also, cargo shorts and a sweatshirt can hide things, but these are not banned. You may say that these are screened at security, but why can't "costumes" be screened as well?
It's Disney/CM's discretion of whether or not it's a costume. Mouse ears are not a costume, and Disney has been selling them for 60 years.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
It's Disney/CM's discretion of whether or not it's a costume. Mouse ears are not a costume, and Disney has been selling them for 60 years.
So, if Disney sells it, then it's allowed?
How about a Stormtrooper outfit, available on the Disney website?
It's up to a frontline CM to determine if a person is not allowed into the park because their outfit looks too much like a prince/princess/caveman/cowboy?

MagicHappens1971

So, if Disney sells it, then it's allowed?
How about a Stormtrooper outfit, available on the Disney website?
It's up to a frontline CM to determine if a person is not allowed into the park because their outfit looks too much like a prince/princess/caveman/cowboy?
You keep twisting my words. All I said was that Disney's been selling them. It's not how much you look like the character, it's you CAN'T have a costume. You can go into the parks Disney bounding as Ariel with green pants and a purple tshirt, but you can't walk in with a mermaid tail and a seashell bra.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
You keep twisting my words. All I said was that Disney's been selling them. It's not how much you look like the character, it's you CAN'T have a costume. You can go into the parks Disney bounding as Ariel with green pants and a purple tshirt, but you can't walk in with a mermaid tail and a seashell bra.

I don't mean to twist your words. My point is that they say you aren't allowed to wear a costume in the parks, but they don't define what constitutes a costume.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom