Costume change applies to MNSSHP?

twilight mitsuk

here is the police from disboards

When CMs were trained on this policy, we were shown example photos of "OK" and "not OK" - religious and cultural garb is ok. Disneybounding is ok. Dressing nice for Dapper Day (or on any other day) is ok. Dressing weird/'kawaii'/goth/whatever is ok. Military uniforms are ok. But if you resemble a specific character, person, or thing (or CM outfit - which was part of the problem) to the point where it potentially impacts Disney Show, it's not ok.

which is the policy they had for 45 years

Last edited:

draybook

If character costumes are a no no then they have some explaining to do because we saw a couple dozen adults in costumes over the last week and a half...

mergatroid

Well this is all rather bewildering isn't it. To resolve the issue I've decided I'm going to turn up naked, that way there can be no complaints about what I'm wearing or whether it constitutes a 'costume' or not.

Come on guys (well ladies preferably if I'm honest), who's with me? :cool:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Well this is all rather bewildering isn't it. To resolve the issue I've decided I'm going to turn up naked, that way there can be no complaints about what I'm wearing or whether it constitutes a 'costume' or not.

Come on guys (well ladies preferably if I'm honest), who's with me? :cool:

I will be there wearing mickey ears and a magicband.

JohnD

When early September rolls around, I think the costume policy will be clarified. There will be rioting if costumes aren't allowed for MNSSHP.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
When early September rolls around, I think the costume policy will be clarified. There will be rioting if costumes aren't allowed for MNSSHP.

That's what I thought at first, but like @draybook said, people are starting to plan their MNSSHP trips now and kinda need to know what to expect. There are going to be some very unhappy customers if they pay extra money to go to this ticketed event and get turned away at the gate because they are wearing a costume to a Halloween party.

ToTBellHop

That's what I thought at first, but like @draybook said, people are starting to plan their MNSSHP trips now and kinda need to know what to expect. There are going to be some very unhappy customers if they pay extra money to go to this ticketed event and get turned away at the gate because they are wearing a costume to a Halloween party.
I would imagine a statement will be made when tickets go on sale.

draybook

No, these were not runners that we saw. Believe me, we could tell the runners because they were still wearing their medals well into Thursday.....

These were fully grown adults wearing complete character costumes.

ToTBellHop

No, these were not runners that we saw. Believe me, we could tell the runners because they were still wearing their medals well into Thursday.....

These were fully grown adults wearing complete character costumes.
And I've seen young women wearing sports bras (and just sports bras on top) around Fantasyland.

Security is hardly 100% consistent on enforcement of policy.

ToTBellHop

Too add to that, how often are people not permitted in restaurants because their attire isn't "business casual"?

Disney rarely turns away a paying customer based on what they're wearing.
You'd have to be naked, and even then, certain body types would get a pass at Cali Grill.

Seriously though, I've seen flip-flops and board shorts there. At a signature restaurant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom