Cosplaying at WDW

l4dybu6

I ask this because I was invited to join a huge cosplay meetup at downtown disney. I didn't get to go. But I saw pics.
I'm in a homestuck group (it's a webcomic, if you don't know what it is) and we have meetups at downtown disney every few months or so. So it's allowed, though we all try to keep it kinda casual unless it's around Halloween. Just behave yourself and no one will have a problem with you :D

Uncle Remus

I've been wanting to get some people together to meetup and cosplay with in Disney World. Would anybody be up for it?

Man I'm going to sound like a tool and I swear I only know this term from reading this forum but I think the correct term you are looking for is called "Disney Bounding". Cosplay is forbidden which is why when wording it that way you were responded to in what you perceived as flak. Google "Disney Bounding"

LucyK

How about Disneybounding? Every day clothes layered and styled to emulate a character outfit. It's actually very cool and there are meetings around Disneyland every month. Do a Tumblr search for it and you'll see.

I plan on disneybouding for my MNSSHP (Minnie or Donald) and MVMCP (Uncle Scrooge) outfits plus I'm planning a few others.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The problem with Cosplaying as a character is, if something happens that isn't 'in character' and someone blames Disney for it, even though it wasn't a Disney CM in costume, that can be big trouble.

However I do know that cosplay in Tokyo Disney is ok.....of course, it's ok seemingly all over Tokyo as its a common thing for some people (which is cool) :cool:

epcotisbest

I'm not talking a crazy cosplay. I've actually looked into it and it's very possible. In fact I saw a couple cosplay Carl and Ellie from Up at Pixar Place. And by the way I am a cast member and I've even talked to my leaders about it. I do my homework before rushing into things.
Homework:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/recommended-dress/

Q.
What is the best way to dress for a visit to the parks? What clothing isn't permissible?

A.
We suggest you dress comfortably, wear good walking shoes and check the local weather report before you leave for the parks at Walt Disney World Resort.

Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. The parks are a casual, family-oriented environment. Ensuring that the parks are family friendly is an important part of the Disney experience. In that spirit, we ask you to use your discretion and common sense.

Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:

• Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as representative of an actual Disney character
  • Masks
  • Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
  • Excessively torn clothing
  • Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
  • Objectionable tattoos
Adults can visit the parks if their hair (or makeup, if applicable) resembles a Disney Princess or character, provided that they are not also wearing a costume or clothed to look like the character.

Cmdr_Crimson

Master Yoda is correct your better off doing this at the Halloween parties in sept/oct..I cosplayed as Sora and had a blast..
kh1.jpg
Halloween_Town_Mickey_and_Sora_by_Vqstudios.jpg

71jason

What about downtown disney?

A lot more leeway at DTD than in the parks. People routinely cosplay for midnight premieres at the AMC. And since it's a lot of restaurants anyway, they have a vested interest in not kicking you out.

The whole situation is very fluid. @PhotoDave219 can tell you stories about some crazy things he's seen, and the last day Snow White was open, I saw a mom in full Wicked Queen cosplay taking plenty of pictures with guests (her 5-year-old was Snow and it was totes adorbs). But I've also heard of plenty of guests turned away. Throw in the fact that at one point the official blog all but endorsed Disney Bounding and I think it's fair to say it's largely up to the discretion of the particular manager that day.

PhotoDave219

Most of the Cosplay goes for the halloween parties.

Its widely accepted at Star Wars Weekends where there are many a Slave Leia walking around. (Please have your friends be brutally honest when trying on the costume)

That being said....

If you are going around the parks dressed as a Disney Character (and you're over five-years-old) Disney has the right to refuse admission or can ask you to leave.

Be smart about it and leave it for the Halloween parties.

disney4life2008

Its widely accepted at Star Wars Weekends where there are many a Slave Leia walking around. (Please have your friends be brutally honest when trying on the costume)

That being said....

If you are going around the parks dressed as a Disney Character (and you're over five-years-old) Disney has the right to refuse admission or can ask you to leave.

I was at hs last star wars weekend and the entire guest population were dressed at characters. I alSo saw Mickey get stuck on something abd fell.

Cmdr_Crimson

Its widely accepted at Star Wars Weekends where there are many a Slave Leia walking around. (Please have your friends be brutally honest when trying on the costum
That being said....

If you are going around the parks dressed as a Disney Character (and yol
're over five-years-old) Disney has the right to refuse admission or can ask you to leave.

Let us not forget the Infamous Tinkerbell incident that happened at DHS in 2012..

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The problem with Cosplaying as a character is, if something happens that isn't 'in character' and someone blames Disney for it, even though it wasn't a Disney CM in costume, that can be big trouble.

However I do know that cosplay in Tokyo Disney is ok.....of course, it's ok seemingly all over Tokyo as its a common thing for some people (which is cool) :cool:

Lets face it cosplay CAME from Japan so it being acceptable at Tokyo Disney is totally reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom