Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

Granted…

I was more rejecting the notion that people would leave those two professions specifically because of vaccines which help themselves and everyone. Not in dispute.

many have left due to the covid situation…and I understand that as well.
I appreciate that and agree they won’t leave teaching due to vaccine mandates. They are leaving in droves over how they’ve been treated in the last year and a half, though. And covid will impact how many choose to go into the profession as well, I think. The long term impacts on education are going to be significant, I think.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A very red southern state. I keep trying to make my escape! :p
Not much to say there
I appreciate that and agree they won’t leave teaching due to vaccine mandates. They are leaving in droves over how they’ve been treated in the last year and a half, though. And covid will impact how many choose to go into the profession as well, I think. The long term impacts on education are going to be significant, I think.
Totally agree and support this.

SammyMF

The biggest takeaway from that Gov however isnt that he got infected. It was that he got the shots and *isnt* sick because of it. The shots did their job well. Its still something many just refuse to get.

Two possibilities among the 'no-shots' people in his state. They will look at the Gov and say that maybe the vaccine isnt so bad and think it over. Or... and I hope this isnt the case... they will turn on him and call him a traitor to the cause. Unfortunately have seen way too much of that the last several years.

Lilofan

The biggest takeaway from that Gov however isnt that he got infected. It was that he got the shots and *isnt* sick because of it. The shots did their job well. Its still something many just refuse to get.

Two possibilities among the 'no-shots' people in his state. They will look at the Gov and say that maybe the vaccine isnt so bad and think it over. Or... and I hope this isnt the case... they will turn on him and call him a traitor to the cause. Unfortunately have seen way too much of that the last several years.
The $100 per person incentive to get their Covid shot in TX expires on Aug 31. Hopefully that convinces the fence sitters to roll up their sleeves. That nationwide Krispy Kreme free glazed donut everyday for 2021 incentive to get vaccinated is still in effect.

LaughingGravy

Nah, we haven't seen enough of that in the past several years.

correcaminos

Or you could just let people make there own oersonal decisions about there bodies and stop penalizing them for it. They know the risks. (Or should) ps you sound like alot of fun at parties. 😅
I hate being a broken record but this is not how vaccines work for the population as a whole for highly contagious diseases. It really bothers me to my core that people say this as it shows me people really don't pay attention to why we actually do mandate (with very few exceptions) vaccines for school age kids. You laugh, but to me it's not funny. Especially now.

Yesterday, after my kid went to school 1 day for a mentor training program last week, we got a quarantine notice. Two kids came up positive. Now the entire mentorship program is affected. My kid, being fully vaccinated, is still able to go to school today to help new kids on their first day of school. We also did a rapid test to double check to make triple sure he wouldn't risk the kids - all unvaccinated 6th graders. School for all officially starts tomorrow and we already have 70 kids plus teachers at risk. Unvaccinated kids put the whole program at risk. One choice affects many. And by the time we found out, rapid tests were hard to find. It took us until 4pm to find one.

Gotta get my kid up for school so he can decorate and help out newbies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m certain many police offers will / would.
Teachers in my area would... I can’t speak for all areas.
A very red southern state. I keep trying to make my escape! :p
Those jobs would be more governed by the state and local governments so they may not ever require vaccines. However, if you work for a National corporation even in a ruby red area you may be required to get vaccinated. Places like Disney or Tyson Foods or Walmart.

Lilofan

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are a lot of jerk employers out there who make it difficult for their employees, independent of the laws. I am pretty sure there are "freedom loving" bosses in tiny companies who would fire their employees for "other reasons not related to your vaccination day off" if they found out. For many, good luck fighting that. Many don't have the time or money to deal with it. A quiet sick day or two if necessary will do the job on the QT. It's unfortunate that some need to do so, but that is reality for some.
They should have mandated paid time off for Covid vaccination when they passed one of the stimulus bills. Just make it so companies can claim a tax credit for time off claimed by employees. Then it’s a wash for the employers economically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom