Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Vanguard is leading the way with cash incentives for staff to roll up their sleeves. Until October staff will get $1K per person to get vaccinated.
Vanguard? Are you rolling around the Filthy Burbs?!?
Imho that is a sad state of affairs when you have to offer a financial incentive to get someone to do the right thing.
It really is. “Ain’t nobody gonna tell none a us what to do” 🙄
But if it gets the job done...

Friends in LTC facilities have been offered money for a while now.
Which is funny because you don’t even have to chase them down/tackle them 👍🏻
I'm still upset federal transportation extend mask mandate for trains, buses, planes and cruises until January 18th 2022. They wanted waiting until the virus will slow down as low cases as enough people are vaccinated by early 2022 right? @helenabear @GoofGoof @ImperfectPixie
I saw that this morning…hopefully they are being over cautious and can peel that back sooner?
Shouldn't? Yes. But it is sadly. If it gets the job done I no longer care.
Yep.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They should have mandated paid time off for Covid vaccination when they passed one of the stimulus bills. Just make it so companies can claim a tax credit for time off claimed by employees. Then it’s a wash for the employers economically.
You know that wasn’t gonna fly.

Heppenheimer

*Not political* But I honestly think its very telling the Gov Abbott already had his booster shot.

Not to get all conspiracy but I wonder what kind of briefings government officials have had.
One of the things I learned from when I worked at Walter Reed: the powerful don't necessarily getter better health care than the rest of us. They get more health care than the rest of us, which isn't always a good thing, either for them personally, or for public perceptions.

Lilofan

Oh really my sons grew up in a red state and one is an oncology pharmacist and the other has a masters degree in BA graduated with honors--- your statement is with out any basis
Blue states have always led the way in terms of higher education ( and higher salaries ), pay more taxes compared to red states who are more dependent on the federal govt but congratulations to your sons in pursuing higher education to seek and work in more lucrative higher paying careers.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh really my sons grew up in a red state and one is an oncology pharmacist and the other has a masters degree in BA graduated with honors--- your statement is with out any basis
Just the stats, man….

anecdotes don’t bare out in mass.

The opposite is when someone buys nonsense in Orlando and shouts “I think it’s worth it to me!!!” On a fan board and then pivots and says that decision can’t affect the overall pricing

mass findings.

LaughingGravy

Only $10 per card demonstrates a lack of knowledge of street value in addition to the sadness of people so easily willing to sacrifice any principals they supposedly believe in for not being vaccinated.
The worse ones are the knock-offs with bad spelling and translations, both those selling and buying them.

correcaminos

I'm still upset federal transportation extend mask mandate for trains, buses, planes and cruises until January 18th 2022. They wanted waiting until the virus will slow down as low cases as enough people are vaccinated by early 2022 right? @helenabear @GoofGoof @ImperfectPixie
When things get better they will reevaluate. Hopefully more vaccines will be given to have this lifted. For now I'm glad it is there. I do feel for flight attendants though.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
When things get better they will reevaluate. Hopefully more vaccines will be given to have this lifted. For now I'm glad it is there. I do feel for flight attendants though.
Then no more masks for me on the train ride, as NJ Transit will FINALLY lift mask mandate for trains and buses in early 2022.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Only $10 per card demonstrates a lack of knowledge of street value in addition to the sadness of people so easily willing to sacrifice any principals they supposedly believe in for not being vaccinated.
The worse ones are the knock-offs with bad spelling and translations, both those selling and buying them.
This is why I said a year ago that proof of vaccination would mean nothing. People will get around it. And here we are.

People are the worst. And continue to revel in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom