Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heppenheimer

PSA, since shingles has been the latest in an on-going series of side dicussions...

In addition to the vaccine, we have pretty good anti-viral treatments available for flair-ups. But you need to start the meds as soon as possible once the symptoms begin. These are the same medications used to treat oral and genital herpes.

If you think you might be developing a case of shingles, seek medical attention immediately. Although shingles is rarely a medical emergency (ocular shingles.is the exception), prompt treatment will result in the best outcome.

Polkadotdress

According to WFTV, Orange County Public Schools have changed course and have sent e-mails to parents saying that OCPS will be requiring students wear face coverings for the next 30 days, unless the parents specifically opt their child out.

Orange County schools start Monday.
Lots of angst and confusion surrounding this so-called policy, especially for our high school, as how do you know which students have been officially opted out?

So, it's not really a good policy. And simply opting out does nothing to help with the overall safety measures for the pandemic. UGH.

DonniePeverley

Whilst you can debate India's statstics ... in a few days time Florida is set to overtake India's 1.4 billion population for DAILY covid cases.

Last edited:

lewisc

Recommended for 50 and older but some insurance won't pay for it until 60.
Unless something has recently changed the Shingles vaccine is not an ACA required vaccine. Coverage might be subject to a copay and or deductible.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Whilst you can debate India's statstics ... in a few days time Florida is set to overtake India's 1.4 billion population for covid cases.
How so? India has had roughly 31.9M covid cases and just shy of 1.37B people.

Florida has 2.73M cases and only 21.48M total.

If you are looking at total cases, that's kind of impossible. If you are looking per capita, that ship sailed ages ago. If you're going to try to shame and scare people, might actually look at real numbers before talking.

correcaminos

Talk about ships that sailed long ago . . . I just assume this is more of an ongoing “stir the pot” kind of thing.
You know I'm totally laughing because it's funny but so true! Sorry I just cannot let total misinformation fly around. I suck at math due to being dyslexic (mess up numbers sooo bad and there's no spell check for that) and I even spotted the issue with the statement immediately.

I'm all for being cautious and saying Florida is sucking it up (they totally are) and unlike India, they have access to vaccines readily, so sure call 'em out for being lousy. But for goodness sake, the drama is too much even for me.

CLEtoWDW

Whilst you can debate India's statstics ... in a few days time Florida is set to overtake India's 1.4 billion population for covid cases.
Fake news. India’s wave of Delta came back in the late spring and is now on the downslope (much like Florida will be in the next couple weeks). The R0 in Florida has already dropped by nearly 20% so do some research before you irresponsibly post nonsense.

GimpYancIent

Ok with modern science as it is, think, could big pharma have their labs develop a COVID19 vaccine that can be administered as a nasal spray rather than an injection?

CLEtoWDW

Ok with modern science as it is, think, could big pharma have their labs develop a COVID19 vaccine that can be administered as a nasal spray rather than an injection?
Already being worked on at UPMC:

GimpYancIent

Already being worked on at UPMC:
Now we are talking! Get that fear / anti injection syndrome out of the conversation and make it even easier to receive the vaccine.

StaceyH_SD

I am aware and have received it. The efficacy is about on par with the pneumonia vaccine so much less than the Covid19 vax.

Did you get the newer Shingrix vax? That one seems on par with Covid 19.

“In adults 50 to 69 years old who got two doses, Shingrix was 97% effective in preventing shingles; among adults 70 years and older, Shingrix was 91% effective. In adults 50 to 69 years old who got two doses, Shingrix was 91% effective in preventing PHN; among adults 70 years and older, Shingrix was 89% effective.”

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How long COVID-19 vaccines to get approval by FDA soon?
Last I had read they said by the end of August or possibly even sooner. The FDA has fast tracked the approval process by dedicating more resources to the cause. This is for Pfizer. Moderna has also started the process but is probably a month or so behind Pfizer. Both should be fully approved by end of September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom