Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Last I had read they said by the end of August or possibly even sooner. The FDA has fast tracked the approval process by dedicating more resources to the cause. This is for Pfizer. Moderna has also started the process but is probably a month or so behind Pfizer. Both should be fully approved by end of September.
Just saw articles yesterday saying fully approved for Pfizer by Labor Day. Moderna was IIRC a month behind in their estimates.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Last I had read they said by the end of August or possibly even sooner. The FDA has fast tracked the approval process by dedicating more resources to the cause. This is for Pfizer. Moderna has also started the process but is probably a month or so behind Pfizer. Both should be fully approved by end of September.
Before end of the year, everything's going back to normal as kids getting vaccinated, as the COVID-19 cases as variants will be down into low enough as possible. Is federal transportation is going to ready to lift masks for some states like NJ, NY, PA, CT, DC by September?

Wendy Pleakley

I don't know how it compares to India, but Florida is now number two on the list of states in terms of COVID cases per capita.

When WDW re-opened I didn't think it was the worst idea. By using plexiglass, masks, and social distancing it seemed like they were able to give people access to leisure activities in a relatively safe way.

Today, I'm not sure the state of Florida should even be open.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I don't know how it compares to India, but Florida is now number two on the list in terms of COVID cases per capita.

When WDW re-opened I didn't think it was the worst idea. By using plexiglass, masks, and social distancing it seemed like they were able to give people access to leisure activities in a relatively safe way.

Today, I'm not sure the state of Florida should even be open.

If we weren’t Disney fans, I think many of us would be incredulous and even angry to learn that a crowded theme park is operating in the middle of all this.

lewisc

Correct. It is recommended by the CDC though for all healthy adults to get the 2 shot regimen. Easy to get and you do not want shingles.
The first shot was covered by my insurance, in full. I had a different policy when it was time for my second shot. My cost was over $100, I think around 130.

EDITED TO BE CLEAR IM TALKING ABOUT SHINGLES VACCINE Covid vaccine is free

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Not sure... I was incredibly sad when I couldn't even go to my zoo until mid June last year. Even in covid times I like being out and outside as much as possible.
I imagine your zoo is largely outdoors, nowhere near as crowded as Disney, not a magnet for thousands of visitors from across the country, and not in a COVID hotspot. There are so many safer alternatives to Disney for those who want to be “out and outside” during the pandemic (which I think is most of us anyway).

Patcheslee

Don't worry, any extra arms or legs that grow fall off ;)
If we do have extra limbs does that mean employers should pay us more for being able to accomplish more work?
^ as a rejoiner. I learned, that at least for poison ivy that if you can make it through the first 48 hours avoiding itching it will stop being itchy. To me poison ivy was about a thousand times more itchy than chicken pox which for me didn’t seem to be that bad after the experience at five.

YMMV
I learned to slap anything itchy to avoid breaking the skin. Poison Ivy does nothing, but mosquitoes apparently love me.

correcaminos

I imagine your zoo is largely outdoors, nowhere near as crowded as Disney, not a magnet for thousands of visitors from across the country, and not in a COVID hotspot. There are so many safer alternatives to Disney for those who want to be “out and outside” during the pandemic (which I think is most of us anyway).
Lol, we have one of the number 1 zoos in the nation thanks to Jack Hanna. Our zoo is about the same size as AK. I've met people from all over at our zoo. Ohio wasn't bad last summer but I really missed having the animals and actually rides too, to go on. Since my zoo has a mix of indoors and out. Rides as well. We're likely worse than just hiking. Not everything at Disney is indoors too. Often we're in and out as much. I don't think it's been considered a hot spot here though.

I did weirdly book a 1 day WDW trip for next month to ride Ratatouille. So I might be nuts as a whole.

correcaminos

If we do have extra limbs does that mean employers should pay us more for being able to accomplish more work?

I learned to slap anything itchy to avoid breaking the skin. Poison Ivy does nothing, but mosquitoes apparently love me.
My boss said no :(

Interesting about slapping. I'll share that with my husband. Neither my kid no I itch with mosquitos but my husband sure does. Never dealt sith poison ivy either.

LittleBuford

Lol, we have one of the number 1 zoos in the nation thanks to Jack Hanna. Our zoo is about the same size as AK. I've met people from all over at our zoo. Ohio wasn't bad last summer but I really missed having the animals and actually rides too, to go on. Since my zoo has a mix of indoors and out. Rides as well. We're likely worse than just hiking. Not everything at Disney is indoors too. Often we're in and out as much. I don't think it's been considered a hot spot here though.

I did weirdly book a 1 day WDW trip for next month to ride Ratatouille. So I might be nuts as a whole.
As I said, I’m only speculating. Short of a scientific poll, we’ll never know how many people find it strange that Disney is still opening its doors to tens of thousands of visitors while the state of Florida faces an unprecedented health crisis. I for one can’t fully comprehend it, and I’m more than a little disappointed in Disney.

KrzyKtty

Just saw articles yesterday saying fully approved for Pfizer by Labor Day. Moderna was IIRC a month behind in their estimates.
I really hope they get the child vaccines rolled out soon too; would be nice with school starting next week. I don't want them to rush it, because I know it is important to get it right. But it will be nice once I have that piece of mind for DD.

correcaminos

As I said, I’m only speculating. Short of a scientific poll, we’ll never know how strange people find it that Disney is still opening its doors to tens of thousands of people while the state of Florida faces an unprecedented health crisis. I for one can’t fully comprehend it, and I’m more than a little disappointed in Disney.
So at this point what do we do? Put so many people out of work again because residents won't behave with vaccines and masks? My sibling just went to New Orleans where LA is sucking it up too. At this point I don't know what we expect to be fair. We will never shut down the way all want. Florida made it increasingly hard to ask for vaccination status. We're now 1.5 years later. Do we keep shutting down because of choice? Why is Disney at fault when other parks in the same state have even more open restrictions. Chiding one for this who actually requires masks while others do not doesn't make sense to me.

correcaminos

I really hope they get the child vaccines rolled out soon too; would be nice with school starting next week. I don't want them to rush it, because I know it is important to get it right. But it will be nice once I have that piece of mind for DD.
Hopefully by Oct your DD will be fully vaccinated! I hear you on not wanting to rush but also wanting a piece of mind. I rushec out the first day to get my son dosed!

LittleBuford

So at this point what do we do? Put so many people out of work again because residents won't behave with vaccines and masks? My sibling just went to New Orleans where LA is sucking it up too. At this point I don't know what we expect to be fair. We will never shut down the way all want. Florida made it increasingly hard to ask for vaccination status. We're now 1.5 years later. Do we keep shutting down because of choice? Why is Disney at fault when other parks in the same state have even more open restrictions. Chiding one for this who actually requires masks while others do not doesn't make sense to me.
I’m speaking as a Disney fan on a Disney forum. I have zero relationship with the other parks, and therefore it’s impossible for me to feel disappointed in them. But yes, I think all theme parks in Florida should be closed right now—my thoughts don’t pertain to Disney alone, even if my emotions do.

correcaminos

I’m speaking as a Disney fan on a Disney forum. I have zero relationship with the other parks, and therefore it’s impossible for me to feel disappointed in them. But yes, I think all theme parks in Florida should be closed right now—my thoughts don’t pertain to Disney alone, even if my emotions do.
We can agree to disagree. Outside of putting over 50k out of work again alone at Disney I have no answers at this poiint on what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom