Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polkadotdress

That or people aren't so willing to inject something that hasn't been throughly tested. They are aloud to do that. You nor anyone can force that. Also vaccinated are still getting it and transmitting it to other vaccinated. The unvaccinated want to take a chance, well that's on them. Your vaccinated, enjoy. I'm actually getting over covid as we speak so I have antibodies, I'll enjoy. Win, Win.
But...it's not that easy. Although I am vaccinated, I am also immunocompromised, which means I am likely less protected by the vaccine than most. So, I can't just "enjoy" until we get to at least a 70% vaccinated rate here in the this country.

Angel Ariel

It’s a very small minority. Most people within that minority really aren’t healthy enough to be doing a whole lot of public activities. If you’re too sick to get a vaccine, then you’re probably too sick to be eating indoors at a restaurant without a mask during a pandemic.

But there likely in a negative PCR testing frame work for exceptions.
You don’t have to be actively sick to be allergic to the vaccine - just one reason people may not have it. There do need to be policies in place for those who cannot be vaccinated.

Joesixtoe

But...it's not that easy. Although I am vaccinated, I am also immunocompromised, which means I am likely less protected by the vaccine than most. So, I can't just "enjoy" until we get to at least a 70% vaccinated rate here in the this country.
But it's still going to pass through people like the vaccinated for one. And 2. Millions have the antibodies which is what vaccines produce in your body. So although 70% aren't vaccinated, you can make up more of that ground by all the people with natural antibodies. See its all about vaccines, nothing else. That's what turns people off. It's the weird vaccines or nothing push. Now if this had a death rate of 5% I'd have gotten the vaccine in a second and hoped for the best in the future with any side effects. But its worst than the flu, but not bad enough to force all this. The cure is causing more harm and division than the virus itself I believe.

KrzyKtty

Many of us had "hope and optimism" that we could long since be past this, because surely everyone would "do the right thing." However, as had been previously posted, the honor system didn't work because so many are dishonorable.
I don't know, I always figured this would be 2 years no matter what we did. Even with the vaccine. Historically speaking, past worldwide pandemics took about 2 years to work themselves out. I get that we have modern medicine working for us, but history does give us a looking glass. This is kind of on par with what I was expecting. So I'm optimistic by the time next year we will finally be over most of it.

mmascari

That or people aren't so willing to inject something that hasn't been throughly tested. They are aloud to do that. You nor anyone can force that. Also vaccinated are still getting it and transmitting it to other vaccinated. The unvaccinated want to take a chance, well that's on them. Your vaccinated, enjoy. I'm actually getting over covid as we speak so I have antibodies, I'll enjoy. Win, Win.

But it's still going to pass through people like the vaccinated for one. And 2. Millions have the antibodies which is what vaccines produce in your body. So although 70% aren't vaccinated, you can make up more of that ground by all the people with natural antibodies. See its all about vaccines, nothing else. That's what turns people off. It's the weird vaccines or nothing push. Now if this had a death rate of 5% I'd have gotten the vaccine in a second and hoped for the best in the future with any side effects. But its worst than the flu, but not bad enough to force all this. The cure is causing more harm and division than the virus itself I believe.
All these two posts show is that you don’t understand the FDA process, don’t understand relative risk, don’t understand math, and don’t understand public health.

You don’t want to get vaccinated, that’s fine. Stay in your basement and don’t participate in society.

The trend has turned. It’s no longer “the afraid” being told they cannot participate in society. It’s the unvaccinated that will be excluded. It’s only going to get more distinct as time continues.

That’s a choice they are free to live with. Keep your dirty lung air away from me.

bpiper

Just checking, but in your previous post you said you were talking to an ICU doctor and taking x-rays of the patients. But now you say your recovering from Covid??? How does that work?

Patcheslee

How many of them were fully vaccinated? If not very many than I couldn't care less.

Please don't bother with the "you'll be sorry if you get into a car accident and there are no ICU beds available for you." Seriously, how many people per year in FL need the ICU after a car accident? Franky, if I need the ICU after a car accident my prognosis probably isn't too good anyway.
That also effects any surgery that would require a ventilator for a short period of time afterwards. That's why my father's lung surgery was postponed last year. Result: cancer spread to 10% of his lung before he was rescheduled.

Joesixtoe

All these two posts show is that you don’t understand the FDA process, don’t understand relative risk, don’t understand math, and don’t understand public health.

You don’t want to get vaccinated, that’s fine. Stay in your basement and don’t participate in society.

The trend has turned. It’s no longer “the afraid” being told they cannot participate in society. It’s the unvaccinated that will be excluded. It’s only going to get more distinct as time continues.

That’s a choice they are free to live with. Keep your dirty lung air away from me.
Lol ok there buddy, you keep believing this, I'll take the natural antibodies which again is what vaccines do, but thats not ok with you. Cause well vaccines and umm umm vaccines!! You keep causing division amongst the population, and I'll keep defending those with a right to choose what they believe is best for their health.

Polkadotdress

I don't know, I always figured this would be 2 years no matter what we did. Even with the vaccine. Historically speaking, past worldwide pandemics took about 2 years to work themselves out. I get that we have modern medicine working for us, but history does give us a looking glass. This is kind of on par with what I was expecting. So I'm optimistic by the time next year we will finally be over most of it.
But…in the blockbuster disaster movies, there’s always an inspiring moment where the lifesaving drug arrives at the last moment, followed by a montage of clips set to uplifting music showing the entire village/country/world taking the drug.

Is that too much to ask?

Joesixtoe

Just checking, but in your previous post you said you were talking to an ICU doctor and taking x-rays of the patients. But now you say your recovering from Covid??? How does that work?
Cause I'm currently out of work. 10 day quarantine. Before I got covid, there was covid.

KrzyKtty

But…in the blockbuster disaster movies, there’s always an inspiring moment where the lifesaving drug arrives at the last moment, followed by a montage of clips set to uplifting music showing the entire village/country/world taking the drug.

Is that too much to ask?
Sadly this isn't a blockbuster movie....

lazyboy97o

As the ICU doctor told me at the hospital I'm at, a lot of these people are in here cause they have other illnesses associated with them. Yes covid makes it worst. However I'll say even when we have zero covid cases, I'm still always up in ICU taking xrays of lungs at about the same rate. I'm just saying, I bet there is a little more to it all than you guys on here are making it out to be. You know fear and anxiety doesn't help people recover better. Hope and optimism does.
There is plenty of data on hospitalizations to know this isn’t the normal summer surge because there was no normal summer surge. Cancelling the very procedures that make hospitals money isn’t something they do with any sort of regularity. Or are you going to tell us the hospitals are faking death certificates?
That or people aren't so willing to inject something that hasn't been throughly tested.
Well I was right about the dog whistling. Do tell us about this lack of testing.

JoeCamel

There is plenty of data on hospitalizations to know this isn’t the normal summer surge because there was no normal summer surge. Cancelling the very procedures that make hospitals money isn’t something they do with any sort of regularity. Or are you going to tell us the hospitals are faking death certificates?

Well I was right about the dog whistling. Do tell us about this lack of testing.
With 4.1B doses in arms of the various vaccines I don't know how you could test more???

correcaminos

Allowed to make choices, yes however you're incorrect on if this was throughly tested or not. The unvaccinated continue to put more immune compromised vaccinated at risk and keeping crazy variants going. At this point I'm really not caring much about these antizvax conspiracies like not being tested. Vaccinated are not spreading at the same rate. Seriously beyond tired of posts like these. Get vaccinated and shut up. For goodness sake why prolong this?

Lol ok there buddy, you keep believing this, I'll take the natural antibodies which again is what vaccines do, but thats not ok with you. Cause well vaccines and umm umm vaccines!! You keep causing division amongst the population, and I'll keep defending those with a right to choose what they believe is best for their health.
The fact that you believe this and seems to work in healthcare bugs me. Right to choose is a joke at this point. You endangered others with your misinformation and carelessness.

Phil12

You don't understand that the vaccines can crush the virus. But the vaccine is only effective if a large majority of people get the shot(s). The object is to stop virus replication and mutation. It has been proven to work before with other viruses such as polio and smallpox. When people assert their "right" not to get vaccinated they become spreaders and the virus has now mutated into a more contagious variant.

When the polio virus vaccine became available few people elected not to get the vaccine. Polio vaccination programs have virtually eradicated new cases of poliomyelitis in the developed world. We could do the same for COVID-19 except for the people that exercise their "right" not to get the vaccine.

Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr. stated that uttering false and dangerous statements (such as falsely yelling fire in a crowded theater) is not protected free speech under the U.S. Constitution. Such behavior can cause a panic and put public health at risk. So, do people have a "right" not to be vaccinated? I would say yes, but only if they quarantine themselves from all other people. If they choose to go out into public, vaccination should be mandatory.

Virtual Toad

Not bad enough? Tell that to my son after his favorite teacher died of COVID days before Christmas. Ask the teacher’s family how they feel about it.

Ask my father in law who is currently out of his mind, concerned for his wife who is now isolated along with dozens of others in her nursing home after testing positive. Thanks to workers at the home who refuse to be vaccinated because of their myopic and shortsighted concern for their own “freedom.”

Viruses spread from person to person. So how many people catch COVID from a single selfish person who shuns a safe, readily available vaccine because they think it’s their “choice?”

How many people have died under these circumstances? How many more will die because of the selfish actions of selfish people?

The virus doesn’t care about me, you or anyone else. And it will gladly take advantage of the mis-informed, ignorant and/or stubborn.

There’s no timely escape from this thing unless we stop framing the issue around what’s good for any one person.

It’s way past time for everyone to stop thinking of only themselves and start showing concern for the greater good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom