Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Interesting how there's been no FL data since the 20k+ announced on Saturday. I guess we have zero cases, look at that decline!
Capture.PNG

DisneyCane

How many of them were fully vaccinated? If not very many than I couldn't care less.

Please don't bother with the "you'll be sorry if you get into a car accident and there are no ICU beds available for you." Seriously, how many people per year in FL need the ICU after a car accident? Franky, if I need the ICU after a car accident my prognosis probably isn't too good anyway.

oceanbreeze77

How many of them were fully vaccinated? If not very many than I couldn't care less.

Please don't bother with the "you'll be sorry if you get into a car accident and there are no ICU beds available for you." Seriously, how many people per year in FL need the ICU after a car accident? Franky, if I need the ICU after a car accident my prognosis probably isn't too good anyway.
terrible mindset. A public emergency impacts us all.

havoc315

Interesting how there's been no FL data since the 20k+ announced on Saturday. I guess we have zero cases, look at that decline!
View attachment 577037

Back when cases were low, they decided to stop daily reporting, only reporting a few days per week. (and those charts then fill in the past dates retrospectively). I forget, they will either release new numbers today or tomorrow. They will be ugly.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Interesting article from the Wall Street Journal. It cites that of the 92,000 Delta cases, 117 resulted in death and that 50 of those deaths were people who had received both vaccinations. That's 46% of the deaths from Delta cases were fully vaccinated people.

This was from data logged through June 21 and in all 50 deaths, the people were older than 50 years of age. Link to the full article is below.

Polkadotdress

terrible mindset. A public emergency impacts us all.
The largest hospital in Louisiana has NO SPACE left in the ICU, and currently has a waiting list of 23 people. That will likely result in a poor outcome for some of those 23, and never mind if you are unlucky enough to get in that rare car accident that requires ICU care.

Flugell

Symptoms of Delta variant are different.
See paragraph 4
Testing would still make sense, if you can get one. 🤒

Joesixtoe

Within that number, 2,400 of those patients are in ICU beds.

As the ICU doctor told me at the hospital I'm at, a lot of these people are in here cause they have other illnesses associated with them. Yes covid makes it worst. However I'll say even when we have zero covid cases, I'm still always up in ICU taking xrays of lungs at about the same rate. I'm just saying, I bet there is a little more to it all than you guys on here are making it out to be. You know fear and anxiety doesn't help people recover better. Hope and optimism does.

Kevin_W

How on earth is Scotland just chugging along in a straight line, when they are part-and-parcel of that area??? What's their secret?
Small population, which makes their line lower on the graph. If you change the same chart to relative %, Scotland's graph looks similar to the rest of the UK. Now Wales, on the other hand, does seem to have contained their new hospitalizations. Perhaps proximity to sheep provides immunity.

1628010510095.png

LaughingGravy

Interesting article from the Wall Street Journal. It cites that of the 92,000 Delta cases, 117 resulted in death and that 50 of those deaths were people who had received both vaccinations. That's 46% of the deaths from Delta cases were fully vaccinated people.

This was from data logged through June 21 and in all 50 deaths, the people were older than 50 years of age. Link to the full article is below.

Sounds good to me. Those are pretty good odds.
Remember, no vaccine is perfect. But, it's what we have...and others don't.
Free, freely available and it works well.

Oh, you say there are Americans refusing what others clamor for?

No wonder we are admired so much /sarc.

Joesixtoe

Many of us had "hope and optimism" that we could long since be past this, because surely everyone would "do the right thing." However, as had been previously posted, the honor system didn't work because so many are dishonorable.
That or people aren't so willing to inject something that hasn't been throughly tested. They are aloud to do that. You nor anyone can force that. Also vaccinated are still getting it and transmitting it to other vaccinated. The unvaccinated want to take a chance, well that's on them. Your vaccinated, enjoy. I'm actually getting over covid as we speak so I have antibodies, I'll enjoy. Win, Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom