Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Interesting how there's been no FL data since the 20k+ announced on Saturday. I guess we have zero cases, look at that decline!
View attachment 577037

It has backfilled in with the update today -

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.47.40 PM.png

The hospital data is usually a couple days behind -

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.48.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 3.48.00 PM.png

lazyboy97o

Yeah i'll try again, why don't you leave people alone and let them choose.
You choosing to do something irresponsible is not the same as encouraging others to do something irresponsible with you.
Who is anti-vaxx? this is purely wrong. I never said not to take the vaccine, I simply am allowing people a right to choose, you are not.
You’re just spreading lies about them.

bpiper

Vaccinated people can carry covid and transfer it to others, thats why they are mandating mask again around the country. Unvaccinated people can carry covid. I did not know if I had covid, and its always a risk to catch covid around patients, but you put on your PPE and pray for the best. I do have antibodies, is that good enough? or again i am only aloud to get antibodies from a vaccine right?
They only found out about that last week. Before you caught it. So that can't be used as an excuse by you on why you didn't get the shot.

"You did not know if you had covid"... How does anyone with any morals and compassion for the people who are sick in the ICU run the risk of giving it to them or getting it from them....... Plenty of health care workers got it last year even with PPE. It's not perfect and people don't always use it correctly all the time.

Congratulations, you got antibodies, looks like you beat the odds and got it without giving it to any of your patients. Who knows maybe one gave it to you.....

Careful about celebrating yet. From what I have read, long Covid doesn't kick in until after about 4 week from infection. Your not out of the woods yet...

But with a shot, you would be.

You wouldn't want to be one of those people who have said, "I wish I had gotten a shot".

Joesixtoe

He got shingles.... there is a vaccine for that. His fault.

I am trying to wrap my head around the fact that you knew 5 people who died and yet you wouldn't get the shot. I guess they must not have meant much to you, they left so little impact on you. Or you really are cold blooded.

Covid kills. PERIOD. Full stop.

I haven't seen any reports of the vaccine killing anyone? Bueller? A very very very very few did have some minor short term issues, but not long term.

I don't know of any worse long term side effect that someone could have that's worse than dying.
Wow ok I'm going to end here. You guys are just some terribly hearted people here. Its so sad to see so many force themselves upon others. I won't come on here anymore. You guys can just pass the baton back and forth to each other congratulating each other on how dark your hearts have become. So long.

correcaminos

So your saying the vaccines have had the same amount of testing as all other vaccines out there? If it did, then do tell us "anti-vaxxers" and help us learn from uneducated ways. If anyone tells you there is no long term effects, or if they say there isn't any long term effects then they are lying. No one knows. Ask your doctor about what's best for you, do not take medical advice from writing heads here on a message board. What I was saying was no one really knows everything about this and that there might be more to it. All I can go is on my experience. I'm sorry if this isn't good enough for you. Again if your vaccinated, awesome be free and happy.
We know. You choose to spread lies. Pretty much end of it now.

StudNubbles

Did you quote the right person here? I said nothing about what you are talking about.

Seriously weird reply....

But let's be real, natural immunity from Alpha is showing to be less effective against Delta. So robust immune at natural may not be for all strains. However, vaccinated and covid+ seems to be giving amazing results so yeah, vaccinate no matter what. This is a health crisis, not just picking if you want to eat out or at home.

So while we are at it, the passes do allow people out but you have to show proof of one of 3 things in France. Covid+ must be recent....
Nothing I have seen is showing natural immunity from Alpha is less effective against Delta. I have seen some research that suggests otherwise, so it seems things are not settled. Do you happen to have a source handy?

I saw you responded to this, and assumed you were talking about the natural antibodies. My mistake.
Lol ok there buddy, you keep believing this, I'll take the natural antibodies which again is what vaccines do, but thats not ok with you. Cause well vaccines and umm umm vaccines!! You keep causing division amongst the population, and I'll keep defending those with a right to choose what they believe is best for their health.

correcaminos

Nothing I have seen is showing natural immunity from Alpha is less effective against Delta. I have seen some research that suggests otherwise, so it seems things are not settled. Do you happen to have a source handy?

I saw you responded to this, and assumed you were talking about the natural antibodies. My mistake.
Not handy... battery about to die, will look later. I cannot find it in my history either but I read a few studies this past week or so on it.

correcaminos

Found 2 after plugging in. Skimmed so hopefully these are the ones I read before lol Of course some are studies in lab and some are real world. Does natural immunity fade or is it the Alpha-Delta difference doing it.

My general thought based on other studies though, natural immunity seems to be not as good as vaccine as a whole, but more importantly double vax plus covid+ seems amazing in immunity response. So to me it's a no brainer there. Get vaccinated no matter what. Get the super immunity if you can! Especially while we're running booster trials. Get the best you can!

Flugell

We in the U.K. have free home tests and access within a couple of hours to full tests. My son has had to go for a full test TODAY because his partner was pinged and told they’d been in close contact with a positive case. So yes people are being tested with cold like symptoms.

RobbinsDad

Who is anti-vaxx? this is purely wrong. I never said not to take the vaccine, I simply am allowing people a right to choose, you are not.
Yes. In our society, people have the right to choose to be irresponsible, when the consequences of their irresponsibility don't extend beyond their own potential harm. Otherwise, laws kick in to enforce responsibility.

If someone refuses the vaccine and follows the CDC guidelines for indoor mask wear 100% of the time, then they are mitigating their possibility of spreading COVID to others. While I think it's a dumb decision, at least its an attempt at good citizenry. I am pretty confident this scenario applies to very few anti-vaxx people.

StudNubbles

Found 2 after plugging in. Skimmed so hopefully these are the ones I read before lol Of course some are studies in lab and some are real world. Does natural immunity fade or is it the Alpha-Delta difference doing it.

My general thought based on other studies though, natural immunity seems to be not as good as vaccine as a whole, but more importantly double vax plus covid+ seems amazing in immunity response. So to me it's a no brainer there. Get vaccinated no matter what. Get the super immunity if you can! Especially while we're running booster trials. Get the best you can!
Thanks a bunch, I'll take a look. :)

Roy G. Dis

Yes. In our society, people have the right to choose to be irresponsible, when the consequences of their irresponsibility don't extend beyond their own potential harm. Otherwise, laws kick in to enforce responsibility.

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others." -- John Stuart Mill in 1859

"People should have the right to spread a deadly virus to others." -- Americans in 2021

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

If someone refuses the vaccine and follows the CDC guidelines for indoor mask wear 100% of the time, then they are mitigating their possibility of spreading COVID to others. While I think it's a dumb decision, at least its an attempt at good citizenry. I am pretty confident this scenario applies to very few anti-vaxx people.
So the feds are refusing to mandate the vaccine. Is it because they can’t? Or because they choose not to?

Patcheslee

The hospital didn't have a surgical ICU? Sorry to hear about the cancer spread. How's he doing now?
They had to take the surgical ICU for covid patients. He's had the upper left lobe of his lung removed so far. 2 months ago they found more "suspicious" areas near his spine. He went back for a biopsy late June, more cancerous cells on the back side of his lung putting pressure on his spine. Plan is to do targeted radiation but waiting on Medicare/medicaid approval for a month now. He's still living at home by himself and can get around, but have to check on him often. Don't really know what the survival rate is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom