Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreday3

From what I'm reading, the requirement of vaccinated people wearing masks indoors is not based on data showing that vaccinated persons are getting sick or spreading the virus. It's because unvaccinated people are not wearing masks and there is currently no way to distinguish vaccinated from unvaccinated. So everyone is subject to the mandate.

This is clearly a problem, but one of a different nature and in need of a different solution. A number of posters have speculated throughout this thread that if not enough people get vaccinated to solve the problem, it is going to become necessary to take a serious look at vaccine passports - regardless of how unpopular they may be with some segments of the population. Even DeSantis, in his EO, reasoned that we didn't need passports because a good number of people were getting vaccinated at that time. If that's changed, then the solutions have to change. The people who did the right thing by getting vaccinated are not going to stand for being treated the same as those who did not simply because no one can tell the difference.

100%.

Get vaccinated or get denied entry. End of story.

correcaminos

100%.

Get vaccinated or get denied entry. End of story.
I'm not even cool with that. I had a cousin who couldn't vaccinate while undergoing treatment. A few friends who had to hold off due to medications, surgeries, etc. One actually had covid and was a long hauler, got first shot and not long after had intestinal issues requiring emergency surgery and a colostomy bag so no go on shot 2.

Cruises are doing show card or mask up. Works for me, but very hard to enforce in real life situations.

dreday3

I'm not even cool with that. I had a cousin who couldn't vaccinate while undergoing treatment. A few friends who had to hold off due to medications, surgeries, etc. One actually had covid and was a long hauler, got first shot and not long after had intestinal issues requiring emergency surgery and a colostomy bag so no go on shot 2.

I thought I could get away without saying "not including those who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons" but apparently not.

Okay - anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated.

dreday3

Yeah it’s hard to figure that one out. I think for some entertainment options (broadway theaters, clubs, sports arenas) it could make sense.

Transportation and everday life? No.

Any business would be able to enforce it if they wanted to. Restaurants, bars, gyms, theatres, amusement parks, book stores, zoos, garden shops, small stores, hair salons, clubs, coffee shops and a million places I can't think of - vaccinated? Come on in! No (by choice)? - sorry, mask up or stay out.

Public transport - we are all still wearing masks. I'm still wearing masks at work.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Any business would be able to enforce it if they wanted to.

Public transport - we are all still wearing masks.
Not until September 13th, as some states (NJ, NY, and PA) will lift indoor mask mandate for public transport such as trains and buses.:cool:

mmascari

From what I'm reading, the requirement of vaccinated people wearing masks indoors is not based on data showing that vaccinated persons are getting sick or spreading the virus. It's because unvaccinated people are not wearing masks and there is currently no way to distinguish vaccinated from unvaccinated. So everyone is subject to the mandate.

Were those stories filled under “well duh”. 🤦‍♂️😎

I believe we covered my kid's use of the 6’ poking stick for any unknown unmasked person in a poorly ventilated space. They are sorry if some vaccinated people have bruises now, but without identification, everyone gets the same treatment. 🥷

Turtlekrawl

My hospital system (roughly 7700 employees, not counting independent physicians) has just made the decision to join the growing list of healthcare systems mandating vaccination for all employees and physicians. I’m happy with the move, but it will be interesting. We currently still sit at only 72% of employees vaccinated. (>90% of docs)

How many will refuse, quit, protest…

This will be a battle that plays out all over the country over the next year.

Bring it on

correcaminos

I thought I could get away without saying "not including those who can't be vaccinated for medical reasons" but apparently not.

Okay - anyone who chooses not to be vaccinated.
But how do you properly enforce? Do you keep unvaxxed no medical out? How do you keep track of who is okay and who isn't? It's a bit complicated. Easier to do all or nothing unless we get wristbands like on cruises

Yeah it’s hard to figure that one out. I think for some entertainment options (broadway theaters, clubs, sports arenas) it could make sense.

Transportation and everday life? No.
Yep

Trauma

My hospital system (roughly 7700 employees, not counting independent physicians) has just made the decision to join the growing list of healthcare systems mandating vaccination for all employees and physicians. I’m happy with the move, but it will be interesting. We currently still sit at only 72% of employees vaccinated. (>90% of docs)

How many will refuse, quit, protest…

This will be a battle that plays out all over the country over the next year.

Bring it on

Good now we just need businesses across America to do the same.

Businesses do not want a return of mandates.

Start requiring vaccination for employees.

I only have 7 employees but everyone was fully vaccinated as soon as it was available to them.

Chi84

Premium Member
Were those stories filled under “well duh”. 🤦‍♂️😎

I believe we covered my kid's use of the 6’ poking stick for any unknown unmasked person in a poorly ventilated space. They are sorry if some vaccinated people have bruises now, but without identification, everyone gets the same treatment. 🥷
That's not going to last long, though. If (and I think it's a long shot) more than a handful of governments start to reimpose mask mandates, your kid (to use your story) is going to have to get tons more sticks because there's going to be a whole lot of poking going on. And some of the people getting that treatment aren't going to accept it.

Businesses didn't want to enforce mask mandates in the first place, even when there was no vaccine. There's no way they're going to do it if the bosses and employees are all vaccinated. And at least in Illinois, any type of police or agency enforcement against businesses was few and far between even in the worst days of COVID. If this turns into a serious problem, vaccine passports may be the only answer - preferably at the national level. Let's hope more people take the hint and get vaccinated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom