Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
No...”what you believe is right” is an opinion...problem solvers follow the information to make conclusions...no matter if it lines up to their predisposed neuron firing patterns

you are “misunderstanding”...apparently on a really fundamental level.

this is where you tell me: “yeah...but you can’t really expect people not to do what they feel like...?”

definition 2 is the problem

Well that made no sense. Bye.

Lilofan

People with critical thinking and problem solving skills do what they believe is right, not just what someone else tells them to do. Maybe I’m once again misunderstanding your post. Wouldn’t be the first time.
The ones who think they are "right" merely process the information differently in their brain from others and at times are very gullible.

hopemax

People with critical thinking and problem solving skills do what they believe is right, not just what someone else tells them to do. Maybe I’m once again misunderstanding your post. Wouldn’t be the first time.
People with critical thinking skills recognize that a Free Market as large as the Western world’s should deliver specialized division of labor and therefore they do not have to become an expert at everything (something that should be perceived as impossible anyway... to be an expert at everything) and it is reasonable to defer to the people for who it is a life’s work. People with critical thinking skills recognize their own deficiencies and ignorance in specialized areas of knowledge and would not substitute agreement with randos on social media about an idea as evidence that the idea is valid.

What has transpired is not a demonstration of critical thinking but how easily people will fall victim to how they want a situation to be and not the reality of how it actually is. While believing they were the ones that were being smart.

I suppose that might be why people think we want all the mitigation to continue or bad things to happen. Because somewhere they know their conclusions are based on want and so ours must be too.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Is the glass half empty or half full?

mrw GIF

Which is the right answer?

hopemax

Is the glass half empty or half full?

mrw GIF

Which is the right answer?
Because pandemic choices are the same as thought exercises about positive and negative thinking. I know that is not your intention, but IMO, this is the type of thing that reinforces the hubris that all choices are valid in all circumstances, which minimizes the need for making a right choice when there are definite wrong ones.

BrianLo

I suppose that might be why people think we want all the mitigation to continue or bad things to happen. Because somewhere they know their conclusions are based on want and so ours must be too.

Definitely. A long standing dismissive tactic seems to be that because some people wanted things done right means they wanted it to drag on. When really the opposite was true. After all we wanted to be New Zealand for the first 12 months.

Restriction-less because we actually eliminated COVID and not just stopped caring (or minimizing or buying into pseudoscience).

seascape

Saturday morning of Memorial Day Weekend and we broke 22,000. The US is now down to 21,980. Yes 5 states and the US Virgin Islands are still over 11 cases per 100,000 but every other state and US Territory are at 9 or less with 21 at 5 or less. The US average number is now down to 6.63 and only an average of 1,981 to go to break 20,000 cases a day. As for Florida the extremely slow but steady decline bring their average number of cases down to 2280 a day. The NY Times still reports that as 11 but the 2020 census said it the population was 21,538,167 so using that number it would be 10.59 and using the April 2021 US Census number of 21.6 million people it would be 10.56. Therefore, Florida should round down to 10 this weekend.

Lilofan

The only question thatMatters is: should that glass of water have a mask on it?
If these discussions on the glass half full or half empty are being discussed during the college student's $60K per year education then it is a waste of money. More emphasis should be on financial mtg , investing and getting out of debt.

MaximumEd

Everyone thinks they have it figured out and are right, while the other poor, dumb, less evolved folks who do not come to the same conclusion are wrong. I do it. You do it. Everyone does it. It’s quite fascinating to watch people point out the behavior in others while thinking they are so singularly special that it doesn’t apply to them as well. This isn’t a Covid or mask or vaccine post, just a general human nature observance, and yeah, I probably do it all the time. Sometimes I’m aware of it, and other times not at all. The whole back and forth of this thread for 15 months has been fascinating to read.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We all know most aren't going to wear them. At this point might as well just drop everything, most places already have.
I realize you have a very dim view of people here in America due to what you read, but it simply isn’t true for large parts of the country. Here in Maryland, we are following the CDC guidelines, so those of us fully vaccinated don’t have to wear a mask anywhere unless a business requires it. Unvaccinated still have to wear one, and at the store yesterday, easily 30-40% were still wearing masks indoors. Even during the worst part, we had better than 99% compliance with the rules. We’re not all as bad as you keep harping on.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Umm, wearing a mask and drinking and driving are completely different. One, you’re drunk, if that’s what you’re implying. Second, if you don’t have COVID, there’s no chance of spreading anything. You’re exactly the type of person I’m talking about. There are two or three members on here who think they’re holier than thou…

Most people know when they are drunk, a lot of people wouldn't know if they have covid or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom