Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With the number of people that are vaccinated I feel it will not be a spike. 7 states have 70%+ of 16 ups with a first shot. That is amazing.
Is there a site that tracks that? I usually look at Bloomberg but they only show total population by state not adults.

ElvisMickey

The CDC already said fully vaccinated people don’t need to wear a mask, even indoors. That’s old news. What he didn’t say is nobody needs to wear a mask indoors. Unvaccinated people still do so that creates the issue for WDW since they don‘t know who is vaccinated.
But again, that falls on anyone who wants to travel to WDW who’s not vaccinated. Personal responsibility is a thing.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But again, that falls on anyone who wants to travel to WDW who’s not vaccinated. Personal responsibility is a thing.
I suggested a long time ago that they check your vaccine status at the gate and then give you a wristband if you are vaccinated. Then anyone without a wristband has to have a mask on at all times. Problem solved. They just don’t want to get into that.

JAKECOTCenter

When Phase 3 happens Universal isn't even a question at this point. We know they'll go back to pre March 2020 operations. But Disney? That's a little harder to figure out

JoeCamel

I suggested a long time ago that they check your vaccine status at the gate and then give you a wristband if you are vaccinated. Then anyone without a wristband has to have a mask on at all times. Problem solved. They just don’t want to get into that.
And offer to vaccinate on the spot

eta: and 10% off in the gift shops if you do, put it on the band-aid so you have to show it. You are still wearing a mask but come back in 2 weeks without the mask, we hooked you up with the J&J so you're good to go.

Nickp1983

Boom

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-19-06.22.09.jpg
    PicsArt_05-19-06.22.09.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 66

Amused to Death

I suggested a long time ago that they check your vaccine status at the gate and then give you a wristband if you are vaccinated. Then anyone without a wristband has to have a mask on at all times.

I doubt this would get past DeSantis' executive order. Disney would be asking visitors to share their private health information and then creating two classes of guests based on vaccination.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I doubt this would get past DeSantis' executive order. Disney would be asking visitors to share their private health information and then creating two classes of guests based on vaccination.

There is a fine line there depending on how you read the law. "Access" and "entry" aren't a problem, and since everyone would still have access to the same services from Disney it could be argued that it would be ok.

"may not require patrons or customers to provide any documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery to gain access to, entry upon, or service from the business operations in this state"

ElvisMickey

I’m definitely not a “TMI” kind of guy so I’d have no problem sharing. I know we’re all different though.

Jlwise2021

So even if Orange County reaches the guidelines of under 5% for the rolling average before Mayor Demings holds the June 2nd presser, he’ll just keep the current mandates and not have a “breakthrough” announcement? That doesn’t seem right, considering he wrote that metric into the guidance. And I’m not guessing what Disney would or wouldn’t do with a change in guidance; I’m just curious how he can just not move forward with Phase 3 when the county meets the goal.

disneygeek90

So even if Orange County reaches the guidelines of under 5% for the rolling average before Mayor Demings holds the June 2nd presser, he’ll just keep the current mandates and not have a “breakthrough” announcement? That doesn’t seem right, considering he wrote that metric into the guidance. And I’m not guessing what Disney would or wouldn’t do with a change in guidance; I’m just curious how he can just not move forward with Phase 3 when the county meets the goal.
There's literally no benefit whatsoever as far as Demings is concerned to pull it a week before a huge tourist holiday that is one of the parks busiest weeks of the year. He's not going to just say "good enough" and throw in the towel as he allows thousands and thousands of tourists to arrive in town.

Perhaps the goal also is to make sure the % positive stays below 5%. Opening everything up right around Memorial Day probably puts that at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom