Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Ive been very impatient in terms of restriction lifting in the last few months in the uk and I’m glad we are at a point where indoor hospitality etc can open on the 17th, we are also lifting the mask mandate for secondary schools (11-18) students jn the classroom from then. I have to admit I’ve been happy about this and then a case in one school gave me pause for thought. A secondary school in the Midlands (Nottingham way) has had over 140 cases (possibly nearer 200 now) in the space of a week - supposedly after a birthday party and one student who was positive. This was an area which was having 2/3 cases a day prior to this and one or the lowest in the uk - so very little community spread. It does worry me that this is with masks never mind without them
That's what worries me about lifting mask mandates so soon...it only takes ONE positive in the right conditions to start an outbreak like that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Have your fun now guys...it won’t be long before we won’t have anything to argue about :)

800K+ new first shots yesterday. Slow and steady pace. Up to 58% of adults with 1 shot now....slow grind to 70%+

We will find something else is short order. :)

I was skeptical we would get to 70% anytime soon, but I am becoming more optimistic. We got to the first 45% or so without a lot of pushing. Now that a lot of programs are ramping up to both encourage people to get the vaccine and to make it even easier to get we should be able to get another 25%.

Despite a lot of people's best efforts, we may actually get this thing under control. ;)

ParentsOf4

It may be time to relax indoor face mask mandates, Fauci says

By Lauren Mascarenhas and Christina Maxouris, CNN
Updated 6:50 PM ET, Sun May 9, 2021

(CNN) Dr. Anthony Fauci says federal guidance on wearing face coverings indoors may change soon.

Sunday on ABC News, Fauci was asked whether it's time to start relaxing indoor masks requirements. Fauci replied, "I think so, and I think you're going to probably be seeing that as we go along, and as more people get vaccinated."

"We do need to start being more liberal, as we get more people vaccinated," he added.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
We will find something else is short order. :)

I was skeptical we would get to 70% anytime soon, but I am becoming more optimistic. We got to the first 45% or so without a lot of pushing. Now that a lot of programs are ramping up to both encourage people to get the vaccine and to make it even easier to get we should be able to get another 25%.

Despite a lot of people's best efforts, we may actually get this thing under control. ;)
I think what happened is that people who got the vaccine as soon as possible assumed everyone else would rush out and do the same, but the polling always suggested a large number of people who were likely to get the vaccine but were in no hurry. Things seem to be playing out pretty much as the polling predicted. I’d certainly rather be doing 2M+ new doses a day still and we’d be over 70% in a few weeks but I can’t personally rush people or force them to go in sooner and the slower pace allows us to make the vaccine process much easier and more convenient for the people going in. As time goes on I believe we will get there.

JAKECOTCenter

(CNN) Dr. Anthony Fauci says federal guidance on wearing face coverings indoors may change soon.

Sunday on ABC News, Fauci was asked whether it's time to start relaxing indoor masks requirements. Fauci replied, "I think so, and I think you're going to probably be seeing that as we go along, and as more people get vaccinated."

"We do need to start being more liberal, as we get more people vaccinated," he added.

Well. Hearing this from Fauci should help ease some of the more "careful minded" people on the idea of reopening. But good to hear. Remember that it was Chapek on the conference call that said he follows what Fauci says. If he's saying we can relax mandates soon, Disney will certainly not have masks in 2022

wdwjmp239

Here's the thing with Dr. Fauci - you can't believe what he says because he contradicts himself depending on who he's interviewing with. I've noticed this on a few occasions where he'll say one thing on one network and go completely against the grain on another. I think at this point, if you feel comfortable with not wearing a mask, then take it off. If you want to wear the mask a little longer, then go for it. I'm pretty sure most of us are done with COVID and the masking situation, but if we can hold on a little longer and get more vaccinations out there - I'll think we'll come out better on the other side. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member

So reading between the lines...Fauci says federal guidance on wearing face coverings indoors may change soon and also says "We do need to start being more liberal, as we get more people vaccinated," That seems to me to be setting the ground work for a Federal recommendation possible coming out soon to lose the masks once X% of the population is vaccinated...likely the 70% already set as a target and used by several states and local governments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom