Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as things calm down we will be doing another one. It's nice to walk off of your boat, and go directly to a tour/personal exploration.
One issue with river cruises in Europe is water levels. If the river is too low or too high, the river cruise becomes a nightmare of a bus tour. 2-3 years ago, Europe was going through a major drought, the companies did busing, no fun.

TrainsOfDisney

I have never been interested in a cruise. Same as a resort vacation on a beach. Both are meh to me. My vacations involve amusement parks or going to new places and exploring what the area has to offer. Sitting on a beach to me is boring.
You can explore the port cities however you wish. I don’t participate in the guided tours, I explore the cities / towns the way I do any city I wish to visit.

I haven’t done many cruises, and I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do a Disney Cruise but they can adapt to any traveling style which is why so many people enjoy them I think.

jlhwdw

The only issue I had with my first shot is I drank a bottle of water right before going in and I really had to use the restroom so that 15 min wait after the shot was “uncomfortable“. My arm hurt a little the next day, but I honestly don’t think I would have even noticed if I wasn’t looking for it. I think others got that symptom way worse than me.
Same! I had to go to the other side of town for mine, which in traffic was about 45 minutes away. The coffee kicked in, and about 3 minutes into the 15 minute waiting period I went to the restroom. When I got back they reset my clock. Which was better than the alternative.

drizgirl

Same! I had to go to the other side of town for mine, which in traffic was about 45 minutes away. The coffee kicked in, and about 3 minutes into the 15 minute waiting period I went to the restroom. When I got back they reset my clock. Which was better than the alternative.
Wait, what? They started your 15 minute wait again? It's not a sentence. They just need to confirm you don't have an anaphylactic reaction, which generally happens in the first 15 minutes if it's going to happen.

No bathroom penalty when we got ours. I was free to get up, go to the restroom and return. My time was still up at the originally scheduled time.

LittleBuford

Wait, what? They started your 15 minute wait again? It's not a sentence. They just need to confirm you don't have an anaphylactic reaction, which generally happens in the first 15 minutes if it's going to happen.

No bathroom penalty when we got ours. I was free to get up, go to the restroom and return. My time was still up at the originally scheduled time.
I got mine in a CVS and was free to walk around and shop during my fifteen minutes.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I got mine in a CVS and was free to walk around and shop during my fifteen minutes.
Same to me at Rite Aid. I wasn’t paying attention and left after 7 minutes ( I must have a bad perception of time) and no one even noticed.
I got mine at Rite Aid and they let me go wait in my car. In theory I guess I could have just left and nobody would have known but I waited...impatiently ;)

DC0703

This is very bad news folks, I don't expect expert knows about fourth wave of COVID-19 is coming soon, is more lockdowns in US is coming is possible? @GoofGoof
While I do think we need to be cautious and continue masking and holding the line due to the risks of another surge, I don't put a lot of stock in the hyperbolic warnings of Michael Osterholm. He has a long-standing reputation for being a doomsayer. Even Anthony Fauci (in his nice, polite way) said so much in a recent MSBNC interview when he was asked about Osterholm's dire predictions.

Stay the course, continue doing what works, and don't panic about Osterholm's "category five hurricane" of COVID he has been repeatedly saying is coming for the past few months. I seriously wonder if they constantly book him on all the news shows simply to scare the heck out of people.

DisneyCane

correcaminos

I assume these numbers should start changing a bit. I keep reading that younger folks feel the vaccine or have more side effects, if this is true, I have to assume those numbers will change since the elder population was vaccinated first.

I had both shots of the Moderna vaccine and nothing I nor my wife experienced compares w/ COVID so we still feel that getting vaccinated is the best choice.
People of all ages were in the trial. So far my 30-40s friends are not doing bad really. Teens showed minimal side effects in trials too. I really think it's like throwing a dart blind with who is bad and who is not.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
is vaccines will avoid a fourth wave to end the pandemic soon by July. @GoofGoof
We are just below 1/3 of the total population having at least 1 shot and 40% of adults. 11.5M doses administered in the last 3 days alone. If we continue without issue we have a shot at getting to 70% of adults with at least 1 shot by May 1. There’s no reason to believe that won’t prevent another wave. We just need to keep up the pace of vaccinations.

GimpYancIent

We are just below 1/3 of the total population having at least 1 shot and 40% of adults. 11.5M doses administered in the last 3 days alone. If we continue without issue we have a shot at getting to 70% of adults with at least 1 shot by May 1. There’s no reason to believe that won’t prevent another wave. We just need to keep up the pace of vaccinations.
Stop it! You are ruining the Doom and Gloom peoples fun.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I hope fourth wave is milder because vaccines. So it will go back to normal by July as if masks and social distancing will go away by July, August or September/October aka Fall or Winter.

JAKECOTCenter

I hope fourth wave is milder because vaccines. So it will go back to normal by July as if masks and social distancing will go away by July, August or September/October aka Fall or Winter.
I really hate speculating on when we'll see a definitive "normal". But if we're following Israel's lead, yes it should be a few more months until we see a dramatic drop in cases.

DisneyCane

Nothing to worry about. In the trials over 80% of people reported a soar arm, but all other adverse reactions were under 50% of people. Headache and moderate fatigue were in the 40 percentile and things like fever, chills, severe fatigue and other flu like symptoms were in less than 10% of people.
I'll see what happens to me on Thursday but I must have an unlucky group of family and friends. With a mix of pfizer and Moderna around 80% of the people I know had chills and/or severe fatigue after shot #2. It lasted for less than a day and a half in all cases.

seascape

I was away in Manhattan for the weekend and I was extremely disappointed in the people there. Only about half the people I saw were correctly wearing their masks over their nose and mouth. About 20% had their masks just atound their necks.

Anyway, on to the numbers. Michigan is clearly the disgrace of the country with 64 cases per 100,000 with NJ second at 49 and NY third at 40. 11 states are in single digits but Texas may enter that area soon as they are down to 10. Think about this, California and Texas are currently averaging a combined 5,635 new cases a day, while NY the fourth most populated states alone is averaging 7,850 and Michigan is averaging 6,431 and not to minimize Florida which is averaging a tiny bit less than California and Texas combined at 5,493 new cases a day. Put another way NY, Michigan and Florida have an average of 19,744 cases or 30.9% of all the US cases.

fosse76

However, it is a Constitution right to travel between states.
Actually, that's technically not true.There actually is no text in the Constitution that grants that right. Though there is text in the Constitution regarding citizens of other states within another state's jurisdiction having the same same rights as the citizens of those states, the right to travel between states has never been substantially challenged judicially.

Of course, the Constitution/Bill of Rights was never meant to codify the "only" rights of the citizenry (though many conservatives think it does), only the most fundamental. But the textual provisions I allude to above, as well as other laws, does essentially grant U.S. citizens the right to travel.

fosse76

I agree the end is near.
No credible infectious disease expert believes that a return to normalcy will occur until the end of the year, with the possibility of masks still in use through the beginning of 2020. This is because of the variants and vaccine hesitancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom