Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Experience

The differences between the two manufacturers... but I should point out, I don't know for a fact that they included different proportions of the various mRNA molecules, or even if they included any identical sequences in their respective vaccines. This could be a way their vaccines differ, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily the case.
Pfizer and Moderna are different. One thing both had to do is deal with producing the spike protein without the rest of the virus. So in layman's term( I know @Heppenheimer is not a layman, but for the rest of us ) picture that the spikes are twisted yarn shaped into a spike and the yarn continues into the rest of the virial surface. Without that viral surface the spike "yarn" would quickly unravel. So Pfizer and Moderna tied some knots into the yarn that is the spike so that it does not unravel even when produced without the rest of the virus. They probably tied the knots in different places.

I also know the Pfizer in the early version (bnt162b1) had less of the spike in their vaccine design, and latter (bnt162b2) chose to encompass more of the spike.

Last edited:

Disney Experience

Another nice paper reverse engineering the Pfizer vaccine produced spike protein and the one in the real virus:

A quote from the paper describing why the spike the vaccine produces is not the same as the one on the virus itself. (i.e. as I mentioned before it unravels/unfolds/flattens if it(the vaccine) was producing the virus spike protein)

The spikes are mounted on the virus body (‘the nucleocapsid protein’). But the thing is, our vaccine is only generating the spikes itself, and we’re not mounting them on any kind of virus body.

It turns out that, unmodified, freestanding Spike proteins collapse into a different structure. If injected as a vaccine, this would indeed cause our bodies to develop immunity.. but only against the collapsed spike protein.

And the real SARS-CoV-2 shows up with the spiky Spike. The vaccine would not work very well in that case.

So what to do? In 2017 it was described how putting a double Proline substitution in just the right place would make the SARS-CoV-1 and MERS S proteins take up their ‘pre-fusion’ configuration, even without being part of the whole virus. This works because Proline is a very rigid amino acid. It acts as a kind of splint, stabilising the protein in the state we need to show to the immune system.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
For any fans of Wawa out there here‘s an April fools joke that was published today. The original story had a serious headline but they had to update it since I guess some people thought it was real. I would so order the Dr Fauci if they really did that;);)

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I think this is my favorite part::hilarious::hilarious:

Another concern expressed by some is the question of what the Wawa deli vaccinators would do if one of the people they give the vaccine to has a serious reaction to it.

Heimlich insists that they have this covered.

“Most of your medical facilities have epinephrine injections on hand in case of a severe allergic reaction,” said Dr. Heimlich. “We’ve got better: Red Bull and Monster energy drink. Chug a can or two of each and your body will be fired up like a Maserati.”

wutisgood

I can't wait to see all of the limitations rapidly go away as the numbers plummet in the next month or two. Right now it's still hard to plan travel even domestically given capacity limitations and ticket availability. Internationally countries are being hesitant to give even vaccinated people a pass.

ABQ

Limitations disappear and spikes happen. Are they related?
Site examples of states who removed limitations and have had spikes recently? I'd point to places like PA and NJ, but they've been going up even before removing any limitations. Then there's the horror of Michigan.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I can't wait to see all of the limitations rapidly go away as the numbers plummet in the next month or two. Right now it's still hard to plan travel even domestically given capacity limitations and ticket availability. Internationally countries are being hesitant to give even vaccinated people a pass.
No, please no more surges. Is this getting even worse with variants. Pandemic will keep longer as expecting....Is the cases will go down by July as masks and social distancing will be removed soon for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom