Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt9112

This seems directionally correct. We have a trip planned for early October that hinges on vaccination. We are in the key target demographic for Disney (4 kids, stay deluxe, eat in their restaurants etc etc). We would go with masks but not without a return of more key restaurants and entertainment. Just rides isn’t enough for us to shell out $5k for a few nights with early park
Closing and no chance to meet Mickey. Casual conversations with similar people say the same

They keep making cuts...im not rich but i assume well off folk can compare WDW to a bunch of other destinations that provide FAR better value. However florida being one of the only states thats full blown open helps....i see NY plates all day in Orlando.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They keep making cuts...im not rich but i assume well off folk can compare WDW to a bunch of other destinations that provide FAR better value. However florida being one of the only states thats full blown open helps....i see NY plates all day in Orlando.
It is winter. Lots of snow birds in FL. The ones I know still went this year.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
You never know...any given Sunday.
Looking good right now for the Browns though.:)
mickey mouse happy dance GIF by hoppip

But I can’t get comfortable until the game is over.

matt9112

Okay SO, if something happens tonight/tmr, that would make it possible for someone else to become leader, then will that potentially speed vaccine things up a little??? I know its just two weeks, but that's a years time these days...
Amazing how much people think one man has power wise on that micro level. Sure theres a ton of tone setting that leadership could do ALOT better but the raw gears turning is likely unchanged.

mmascari

I’m gonna watch the Steelers with him tonight and give him some of my beer as a show of appreciation 👍🏻

If you’re haven’t had enough beer to no longer care, it’s gonna be a long night.

It’s halftime as I post this.

They appear to have taken the normal fourth quarter blow a huge lead and moved it up to the start and without the lead first.

The smack talk from my kids is unbearable now.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If you’re haven’t had enough beer to no longer care, it’s gonna be a long night.

It’s halftime as I post this.

They appear to have taken the normal fourth quarter blow a huge lead and moved it up to the start and without the lead first.

The smack talk from my kids is unbearable now.

I kinda knew early...you always know.
I’ve moved on to other things. Been at this many decades and can’t sweat the small stuff of football anymore

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Positivity still high... maybe plateauing... but a high plateau is a very bad thing. That only cause cases to continue to spike.

1610335403144.png

1610335429053.png

Yeah but that's all Miami's fault. Certainly The Greater Orlando Area is fine... o, wait...
1610335465169.png

But people can just shrug it off, right? It's not that bad... o, wait...
1610335499894.png

Note where Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas fall.

Now, if you go to an event in Orange County where there's 100 people, what's the chance someone there is infected?
1610335538534.png

That's for just 100 people. Wonder how many are at WDW?

But what's the worst that can happen?
1610335563414.png

1610335580873.png

Figgy1

Premium Member
And of course, also excellent decision-making...as evidenced here:

Somebody remind me again why I should go to Florida. I have to submit in writing, wait for approval(ha good luck with that) and then spend the next 2 weeks in my house when I get home

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Somebody remind me again why I should go to Florida. I have to submit in writing, wait for approval(ha good luck with that) and then spend the next 2 weeks in my house when I get home
He’s a buffoon.

An embarrassing A-clown following a “model” that completely self-destructed more in the last 9 days than any human not holding out in a bunker...

That’s Florida...where elections rarely go well.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Positivity still high... maybe plateauing... but a high plateau is a very bad thing. That only cause cases to continue to spike.

View attachment 523327

View attachment 523328

Yeah but that's all Miami's fault. Certainly The Greater Orlando Area is fine... o, wait...
View attachment 523329

But people can just shrug it off, right? It's not that bad... o, wait...
View attachment 523330

Note where Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas fall.

Now, if you go to an event in Orange County where there's 100 people, what's the chance someone there is infected?
View attachment 523331
That's for just 100 people. Wonder how many are at WDW?

But what's the worst that can happen?
View attachment 523332

View attachment 523333

It’s gonna have a holiday spike...my “careful, intelligent” town was visibly and demonstrably stupid over the holidays and since...

BrianLo

Out of curiosity, is anyone from New York?

I understand what drives Florida, but I'm a bit confused why there isn't more chatter from the North East when they seem to be doing quite poorly. I thought they'd be more skittish from their experience in the Spring.

Lilofan

And of course, also excellent decision-making...as evidenced here:

Another version of the "Florida Man "

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I understand what drives Florida, but I'm a bit confused why there isn't more chatter from the North East when they seem to be doing quite poorly. I thought they'd be more skittish from their experience in the Spring.

New York has been...strange.

I hate to think it’s about politics...but i think they are expecting help when the decks clear next week.
Money is a really a big problem in this area. More than they’re even complaining about. That’s rare. Normally nobody is “shy” in these parts.

eliza61nyc

Ummm...you know I live right across from Philly, right?

I’ve taken an interest in the sixers and that ain’t looking good either.🤪
Hey, hey, hey 'dems fighting words. lol the sixers are all we got. of course we've only got about 8 players healthy enough to play but that's another episode in the life of a philly fan

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hey, hey, hey 'dems fighting words. lol the sixers are all we got. of course we've only got about 8 players healthy enough to play but that's another episode in the life of a philly fan
Embiid is the most gutless player I think I’ve ever seen...and they cater to him.

My neighbor Doug pederson is gonna be fired. Talk about a mess? Philly always seems to do their best 😂

eliza61nyc

I'm a Native NY'er (lol in the "city" that is) lol it maybe be that we're notoriously cynical, generally speaking we really aren't a "skittish" type of city or state. Seriously, I don't know many folks who thought that this was going to get better before it got worse.

So maybe it's a type of thing that where we (and I'll throw Philly in this also) had really low expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom