Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyinMT

Also I think disney wouldn't get as much business if they opened to full capacity. Think more people feel comfortable going knowing there is a limit, than they would if it was a free for all.
It is their sensible approach to this so far that has kept me a fan. If they “throw open the doors,” which I don’t think they will, that would definitely change my perception.

DisneyDebRob

The Phase 3 order will allow theme parks to operate at full capacity and lift any restrictions on gatherings, although the state still is recommending people avoid crowded spaces.

Ok, I know politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth, all politicians do. But Disney can open at full capacity... but wait for it... people should still avoid crowded spaces. Unreal. I know Disney won’t do that, I’m talking about the directive. And another....
The order also prohibits local governments from collecting fines stemming from such pandemic-related mandates as mask requirements.
So they are allowed to fully open up, but avoid crowds and you don’t have to worry about being punished for not wearing masks. This stuff just makes my head hurt.

sullyinMT

This changes nothing for Disney...probably hurts them - actually.
Yep. When cases inevitably go up, because mask mandates drop off or aren’t enforced in other places around Central Florida in cases inevitably increase, we headlines will be that Disney is causing an outbreak of Covid cases. Through no fault of their own, this will be a PR nightmare in about a month. I’d like to think people will do the right thing, but the past 7 months (and 3-4 in particular as we’ve learned more) haven’t been indicative of that.

oceanbreeze77

The Phase 3 order will allow theme parks to operate at full capacity and lift any restrictions on gatherings, although the state still is recommending people avoid crowded spaces.

Ok, I know politicians talk out of both sides of their mouth, all politicians do. But Disney can open at full capacity... but wait for it... people should still avoid crowded spaces. Unreal. I know Disney won’t do that, I’m talking about the directive. And another....
So they are allowed to fully open up, but avoid crowds and you don’t have to worry about wearing masks. This stuff just makes my head hurt.

The order also prohibits local governments from collecting fines stemming from such pandemic-related mandates as mask requirements.
2 months from now

"We are not sure how this happened." "We dont know why the numbers are so high." "Its just from all the testing."

Jrb1979

My mind is blown with how Florida has handled this especially now with opening everything at full capacity. Contrast that with here and will over 400 cases a day the last week we have gone back to closing restaurants and bars by 11 and limiting gatherings to 10 indoors and 25 outdoors. Then you have Floriduh with 5 times the cases and has decided to throw open the doors. Maybe some day people will get it.

baymenxpac

So they are allowed to fully open up, but avoid crowds and you don’t have to worry about being punished for not wearing masks. This stuff just makes my head hurt.
The state can recommend what they want, private business and individuals can assume the aforementioned risk. That's how free societies work.

Lilofan

Another poor decision from a very inept governor.
He wants to enact a bill of rights " right to party" to college students in FL in response to the FSU President advising FSU students may be suspended from school if they do not comply with pandemic precaution measures on campus.

JoeCamel

Another poor decision from a very inept governor.
I am amazed to think I thought he was doing the right thing at the start of this but it has all gone downhill from there. This is from someone that did not want to see him elected.
Sad but what can you do beyond look out for yourself and yours.
Someone at the start of this made it very clear that you are ultimately on your own and not to expect help

SamusAranX

Because that has proven to work so well in the past.
yeah, it did for a time. They ran studies that showed people voluntarily began staying home and reducing activities *before* a stay at home order was issued in florida.
If you’re referring to masks, before the mandates, yeah it was “voluntarily”, but that was when (for better or for worse) the CDC was telling the public not to wear masks to preserve limited supplies.

now as far as social distancing, yeah, a lot of younger crowds can learn a lesson or too. But there never was an order, nor could there be, to stop private large gatherings. They can fine them like NJ and other states but I don’t foresee that happening here.

JohnD

I am amazed to think I thought he was doing the right thing at the start of this but it has all gone downhill from there. This is from someone that did not want to see him elected.
Sad but what can you do beyond look out for yourself and yours.
Someone at the start of this made it very clear that you are ultimately on your own and not to expect help

So are we supposed to stay in Phase 1 or 2 forever? If there is data on the phases, and the data has met the metrics for Phase 3, is he supposed to ignore it? Are we supposed to stay in fear forever? I mean a poster is “terrified”. Has it really come to this?

Heppenheimer

How did SARS affect the human body once someone was infected? Sorry for the all the questions, just interested. I guess I could Google but you seem to have at least some knowledge in the area. Lol
To be specific, SARS-Co-1 (the virus that causes COVID-19 is SARS-CoV-2) was relatively rare compared to COVID-19. It affected less than 10K people worldwide, but the case fatality rate was much higher, estimated at between 9-11%. It seems to be functionally extinct, since there has not been a verified case since 2004, and the reason isn't clearly established.

Most of the long-term after effects were caused by lung scarring, which isn't specific to the disease. There was an odd association with increased risk of osteoporosis, but this was likely due to the way patients were treated in Asia, where the bulk of the cases occurred.

Heppenheimer

He wants to enact a bill of rights " right to party" to college students in FL in response to the FSU President advising FSU students may be suspended from school if they do not comply with pandemic precaution measures on campus.
Somebody has been listening to too many early Beasty Boys tracks.

JoeCamel

So are we supposed to stay in Phase 1 or 2 forever? If there is data on the phases, and the data has met the metrics for Phase 3, is he supposed to ignore it? Are we supposed to stay in fear forever? I mean a poster is “terrified”. Has it really come to this?
Today we are worse off (higher cases and deaths) than we were in early June when the Memorial Day cases started to spike followed by 4th of July to sustain it and now Labor day we have hit a plateau above those Phase 2 levels. Their own metrics are not met but hey "lets open the night clubs". Partaayyyyy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom