Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

Death of these babies for any reason is tragic! Very sad!

For the April 1 newborn, am I reading this wrong, “An autopsy has been done but more tests are needed before a cause of death can be determined”

But I got the idea from the headline the cause of death was COVID?
The governor jumped the gun and announced it as a COVID-19 related death before a cause of death was determined.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think its completely reasonable to question some of the data. That is a good thing to do. I just don't think these inaccuracies moves the needle that much in the overall picture.
You are wrong. Nobody has actually died from Covid...it’s all a grand conspiracy. All the doctors (who spent years in medical school and practice to get to where they are now) are finding it worthwhile to throw away their careers to be part of this great conspiracy. The grieving family members are just crisis actors. Same with the hospital workers being interviewed. Can someone pass me the tin foil, I need to make my hat a little bigger ;)

SamusAranX

You are wrong. Nobody has actually died from Covid...it’s all a grand conspiracy. All the doctors (who spent years in medical school and practice to get to where they are now) are finding it worthwhile to throw away their careers to be part of this great conspiracy. The grieving family members are just crisis actors. Same with the hospital workers being interviewed. Can someone pass me the tin foil, I need to make my hat a little bigger ;)

I won't pass the tin foil since my post never got close to it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wrong way, Florida...

1597332937157.png

1597332960429.png

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That means the death was not counted as a COVID-19 death. The governor reported it as such, but official counting would be based on the determined cause of death. This is part of why there are delays in reporting, because doctors are not just putting COVID-19 for anything and everything, and are doing the due diligence that is part of the process.
That death was included in our statistics at the time. Maybe it has subsequently been removed, I'm not sure.

That said, your point is well taken and I'll say I trust the statistics much more than I trust the journalism. It's bad journalism that has propagated the lie that coronavirus deaths are significant among young, healthy people for example.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
They died of cancer. They were still positive for Covid but died of the cancer. That is how that works. Simple. Too many people are losing their minds and spewing the fake narrative that hospitals are falsely reporting deaths as Covid deaths when the person died of other causes. The stupidest one I have seen so far is a claim that a car accident victim was listed as a Covid death. That is just not happening. If that person with cancer goes into the hospital for Covid complications and dies as a direct result of Covid then they died of Covid, not cancer. And it is the same the other way around. A person can go into the hospital with Covid complications and still die from a heart attack, stroke, cancer, HIV, complications during surgery, etc. then they will be listed by what killed them.
If only. This isn’t how the counts work though.
I'm going to call this post -- The cautionary tale of Suwannee County Florida.

Little Suwannee County... Northern Florida county of only 44,000 people. DeSantis just celebrated the schools re-opening in Suwannee.
But Suwannee has a large prison -- which has had nearly 400 positive Covid cases.
But the cases haven't remained in the prison.

Most recent positivity rate is 22% in Suwannee. 45 deaths -- So more than 0.1% of the county has already been killed by the virus. (equivalent of over 300,000 deaths on a national level). Just yesterday alone, 412 cases were reported. So nearly 1% of the County reported positive in just 1 day -- that would be like 3 million positive new cases in 1 day on a national level. So far, there have been about 8700 tests in the county, so about 1/5th of the County has been tested, resulting in 1874 positive cases. So 4% of the county has tested positive -- the real infection rate is likely much higher. Meanwhile, kids are going to school. Masks are optional. Social distancing is "encouraged when possible."

Keep an eye on Suwanee County.
Very creative work with those numbers. Impressive fear mongering.
While I wont go as far as to say there is a systematic effort to "inflate" COVID numbers, between this, other reported individual miscounts, the UK "removing" 5,000 deaths, and the Miami-Dade data dump yesterday....I can't help but think of the old phrase "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incomptence"
It’s a combination. It’s a lot of incompetence, it’s a lot of malice, it’s a lot of looking out for the hospitals bottom line.

Last edited:

brianstl

Nobody is saying anything close to that. We are facing a huge crisis with COVID-19 in this country. When we see an increase in COVID-19 deaths, that means there is an increase in COVID-19 deaths. It doesn't mean that the total count hasn't been inflated to some degree all along by the way deaths are added to the count.

We got people on Twitter and in some cases real journalists that think they are some kind of internet sleuths that believe they have uncovered some grand conspiracy that COVID-19 deaths are being massively undercounted because this huge increase in deaths pneumonia. They don't realize that those deaths are being counted in both the pneumonia count and the COVID-19 count along with any other condition listed. There aren't undercounts happening but overcounts happening in multiple causes of death counts because we aren't dealing with finalized data. You can not compare this year's data to any other year's data until it is finalized and 1 cause of death is assigned.

We live in world where incomplete, misinterpreted and flat out intentionally wrong information reigns supreme on all sides. Pointing out situations where these things occur isn't putting on a tin foil hat, it is just stating facts.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Huh...would you look at that.
Let's equate that to our situation, that is 10.8% less deaths in the UK then originally reported. That would equate to 17,929 less deaths in the US. Let me ask you, does that change our situation or change your mind on the seriousness of this situation. It shouldn't, its still an extremely bad situation and wait until the fall.

brianstl

That death was included in our statistics at the time. Maybe it has subsequently been removed, I'm not sure.

That said, your point is well taken and I'll say I trust the statistics much more than I trust the journalism. It's bad journalism that has propagated the lie that coronavirus deaths are significant among young, healthy people for example.
It won't be removed until the after the end of year and the CDC finalizes their data.

brianstl

And that doesn’t factor in the decrease in deaths from a lack of traffic accidents and workplace accidents while a large portion of the population was under stay at home orders.
Traffic accident fatalities have seen an actual huge spike as people are driving much faster as road congestion has decreased.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Traffic accident fatalities have seen an actual huge spike as people are driving much faster as road congestion has decreased.
https://www.newsmax.com/health/heal...dent-fatal-stay-at-home/2020/04/17/id/963388/

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nobody is saying anything close to that. We are facing a huge crisis with COVID-19 in this country. When we see an increase in COVID-19 deaths, that means there is an increase in COVID-19 deaths. It doesn't mean that the total count hasn't been inflated to some degree all along by the way deaths are added to the count.

We got people on Twitter and in some cases real journalists that think they are some kind of internet sleuths that believe they have uncovered some grand conspiracy that COVID-19 deaths are being massively undercounted because this huge increase in deaths pneumonia. They don't realize that those deaths are being counted in both the pneumonia count and the COVID-19 count along with any other condition listed. There aren't undercounts happening but overcounts happening in multiple causes of death counts because we aren't dealing with finalized data. You can not compare this year's data to any other year's data until it is finalized and 1 cause of death is assigned.

We live in world where incomplete, misinterpreted and flat out intentionally wrong information reigns supreme on all sides. Pointing out situations where these things occur isn't putting on a tin foil hat, it is just stating facts.
It may just be that nobody cared before, but this is nothing new. It happens with most causes of death. If someone gets shot in the head and dies instantly it’s pretty cut and dry. With any disease there’s almost always multiple contributing factors. It’s not as cut and dry as people want it to be. That doesn’t mean it’s being intentionally done to fear monger or trick people it’s just the way it is. Google H1N1 worldwide pandemic and you will find multiple sources with a different death count. Again, not a conspiracy just the way it is because not all reporting is great and not all deaths are cut and dry. The CDC officially gives a range not even a total. They also didn’t issue the final report with their final numbers until a few years after the outbreak. Again, common practice. So the outrage over the UK changing their number is likely to be repeated again and again as everyone finalizes numbers. You personally may not have been talking about it as a conspiracy, but others called the actions malicious and said hospitals looking to pad the numbers for their bottom line. That’s tin foil hat stuff any way you slice it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

So is Spain the Myrtle Beach of Europe? ;););)

SamusAranX

7900 cases yesterday approximately; again, we're gently rolling down the curve and plateauing, not flattening it; time will tell if this "Sweden method" works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom