Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark52479

Florida and Arizona: Two our of the 3 states with a triple digit mortality rate today, #2 and 3 on total Covid cases per capita in the country. So perfect, can’t wait to visit either state soon 🙄

Have to look at the real data.

Total of 22 deaths actually occurred YESTERDAY. The rest of the deaths reported for yesterday happened on 35 DIFFERENT dates.

If you look at the graph, deaths are actually going down in Florida.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 62

Touchdown

Total of 22 deaths actually occurred YESTERDAY. The rest of the deaths reported for yesterday happened on 35 DIFFERENT dates.

Except it isn’t, because the last 2 weeks are prelim numbers, go back to July 28th, the seven day average would be stable at best, not decreasing.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Are you sure about that? Unless I'm misunderstanding the line of thinking. I think of the case of one guy in Colorado who died with covid19, but the medical examiner went on to say he died of alcohol poisoning with a blood alcohol measurement of .55, twice the lethal limit. Pretty sure with or without covid, he'd likely not be alive today.
Yes in that 1 example that is true. I'm talking more broadly of people with pre-existing conditions. Folks with respiratory conditions, diabetes,etc.

Mark52479

Except it isn’t, because the last 2 weeks are prelim numbers, go back to July 28th, the seven day average would be stable at best, not decreasing.
Peak for most deaths in Florida was july 17th. That was day with most deaths on a single day

Data speaks for itself

Touchdown

Peak for most deaths in Florida was july 17th. That was day with most deaths on a single day

Data speaks for itself

the highest day was the 17th, but you need to take a seven day average in order to see trends. If the curve still looks like that in a week, then I’ll agree with you, but seeing as Florida is recording 100-200 deaths a day at a regular date, I’m worried you’re going to be proven wrong...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Or, you can read the thread...

Or, you can read Florida's own dashboard with regard to the most recent (within the past two weeks) numbers...

1597266488400.png

The data in the last two weeks is always going to look like it's going down significantly only because the way they collect data is always two weeks behind. The FL chart of daily deaths have looked like this for months and hasn't really gone down.

The NY Times chart quoted above is up to date because the Times gets its data directly from each district in FL daily.

hopemax

They aren't going down as much as that chart implies. Just yesterday I mentioned that 7/30 was below 100 at 97, and in one day it jumped up to 126. 29 deaths from 13 days ago were added overnight. What looked like a sign of progress, wasn't. Only a recording delay.

22 people didn't die yesterday. There are many others, probably at least 100.

Jrb1979

All that stuck out to me in that article was that Canada has a smaller population than California. Props to our neighbors up north for handling it well in their own way, but as has been said many times here there are too many huge differences in the 2 countries (culture/population/trust in government) for a direct comparison.
You completely overlooked the rules that we have put in place. A lot of what we have done would work in the US.

BrianLo

Data speaks for itself

We've heard this tired position before. Please do not spin currently Incomplete and therefore Inaccurate data as conclusive of anything.

Here's another poster using the exact same position as you, ironically enough on July 17th. That deaths had actually never topped 100 per day and it was all just a backlog. When in fact the "data now speaks for itself" that there were at least wrong about the previous 10 days by that point. Until they stop reporting increasingly higher numbers on average the data is always at risk of being backfilled with an increasing trend.

Yes the exchange does speak for itself. Now you are going back to opinions and theories. There is not a single day were actual deaths that happened that day (not when reported) have gone over 100 at this time. That is an absolute fact. There is currently no data that shows day of death is at 100 or over.

The under reporting is a theory and a concern, but so is overcounting, with Covids etc. but that is not point. The rest is just your opinion and creating some agenda about whatever.

Like I said, the factual statement is the average "reported" daily number of deaths due to Covid is above 100 in Florida. The actual people that die that day is less than that and has never gone above or near 100.

Are you saying that is not true?

Mark52479

We've heard this tired position before. Please do not spin currently Incomplete and therefore Inaccurate data as conclusive of anything.

Here's another poster using the exact same position as you, ironically enough on July 17th. That deaths had actually never topped 100 per day and it was all just a backlog. When in fact the "data now speaks for itself" that there were at least wrong about the previous 10 days by that point. Until they stop reporting increasingly higher numbers on average the data is always at risk of being backfilled with an increasing trend.
Ok whatever u say. Sounds good

Mark52479

Actually, it wasn't yesterday, it was Monday 8/10. :D It will also take more than "a couple of day," like I said 26 deaths added to a date 13 days ago.
So then really it is a moot point talking about daily death numbers. No one will know the real numbers for weeks

LukeS7

As of right now the Florida department of health is reporting 22 actual deaths for yesterday. Lets see over the next couple of days if that gets updated.
You’re making 2 arguments that are counter to each other. You’re pointing out that the number reported was from 35 different days but then holding up the 22 that were from today as being accurate and like it won’t be updated later like the other 34 days from today’s numbers were.

Mark52479

I apologize if you were not trying to be malicious.

We've had quite a few accounts with dubious agendas and it feels cyclical. Even if you are an honest to goodness new lurker posting, we've been down this road before.
I have no agenda at all. I am a Floridian, someone who is at disney 3 to 4 times a month, and i just want to see things get back to somewhat normalcy.
The screw up thay happened today with the numbers does not give me much confidence

Mark52479

You’re making 2 arguments that are counter to each other. You’re pointing out that the number reported was from 35 different days but then holding up the 22 that were from today as being accurate and like it won’t be updated later like the other 34 days from today’s numbers were.
I did say in another post they will be updated and we should wait a little to see

Sorry should of said that in my original post

milordsloth

You completely overlooked the rules that we have put in place. A lot of what we have done would work in the US.

Other than maybe the acceptance of the tracing app, and not allowing a baseball team to come home, there isn't anything in that article explaining actual things Canada did that the USA didn't. However, this quote from the article describes how the cultural differences play a bigger role in the argument of Canada vs. USA:

“Americans celebrate independence, individualism, personal liberty; many distrust government [and] resent politicians,” columnist Andrew Cohen wrote in the Ottawa Citizen. “Canadians accept big government, which is how we built the social welfare state…. We defer to authority.”

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Except you’re wrong. As the lag is shrinking. We have already peaked in deaths per day in Florida. Don’t let the facts effect your paranoia though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom