Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrb1979

Other than maybe the acceptance of the tracing app, and not allowing a baseball team to come home, there isn't anything in that article explaining actual things Canada did that the USA didn't. However, this quote from the article describes how the cultural differences play a bigger role in the argument of Canada vs. USA:

“Americans celebrate independence, individualism, personal liberty; many distrust government [and] resent politicians,” columnist Andrew Cohen wrote in the Ottawa Citizen. “Canadians accept big government, which is how we built the social welfare state…. We defer to authority.”
You skipped this part.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention set guidelines to help governors decide when it was safe to reopen their states for business. But most states chose to ignore that.

Here everything that has been done has been decided by what the Chief Medical officers have said to do.

Jrb1979

Except you’re wrong. As the lag is shrinking. We have already peaked in deaths per day in Florida. Don’t let the facts effect your paranoia though.
Still too many needless deaths cause they didn't lockdown and opened things to quickly. While N.Y. didn't do well at the beginning but the restrictions they have put in and how they have reopened things has worked.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You skipped this part.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention set guidelines to help governors decide when it was safe to reopen their states for business. But most states chose to ignore that.

Here everything that has been done has been decided by what the Chief Medical officers have said to do.
Yep. States have a good amount of power.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Still too many needless deaths cause they didn't lockdown and opened things to quickly. While N.Y. didn't do well at the beginning but the restrictions they have put in and how they have reopened things has worked.
NY. 1500 deaths per million. Florida 350. Yep. Hold up NY as the “crushing the curve”

Last edited by a moderator:

Touchdown

Testing down 12% cases down 19%. That’s not confounding. It’s straightforward. Less sick people.

While I would love to go to more detail on this let me say that I know for a fact that one hospital has seen its supply of testing reagent significantly cut this very week so that it is “diverted to a hot spot” by the federal government. The question becomes why when every expert on the subject states we need to increase testing, suddenly the supply of testing reagent is in short supply.

JoeCamel

Yep. Provinces have that same power here. Difference is as stated in the article is they all worked to together and followed what the Drs. said to do.
You are Canadian and from my experience Canadians are polite and tend to follow rules. They like to have a good time but are fairly grounded. Just from the dozen or so I have met.

US people? Not so much. We don't act as mass, we claim to have free agency and pull together? Not been heard here since the second world war. We were torn apart in the 60's and really have not come back together since.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Of course. But by how much...

This much...

1597272122457.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
While I would love to go to more detail on this let me say that I know for a fact that one hospital has seen its supply of testing reagent significantly cut this very week so that it is “diverted to a hot spot” by the federal government. The question becomes why when every expert on the subject states we need to increase testing, suddenly the supply of testing reagent is in short supply.
It would be nice to know why the testing has decreased. Rather than the guess “well maybe some were deferred due to long waits” or anecdotal evidence. The context of the decrease is important I would say.

Jrb1979

You are Canadian and from my experience Canadians are polite and tend to follow rules. They like to have a good time but are fairly grounded. Just from the dozen or so I have met.

US people? Not so much. We don't act as mass, we claim to have free agency and pull together? Not been heard here since the second world war. We were torn apart in the 60's and really have not come back together since.
We do our best to follow the rules our government have put out. Especially during this where the plan has been to follow what Drs. and scientists say as they know best.

Even in this thread I can see many here are me first. " I don't care what happens to my neighbor as long as I am working and my kid can go to school like normal that's all that matters."

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

That’s some good stereotyping of the population of two countries. Lol. Goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom