Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

Yes you baited me shouldn't have taken the bait, not interested in playing the I have more links than you do, source battle, tired game on the internet, that it appears you are fond of. Just sharing theories of possiblities of why cases are going up and deaths going down, time will tell.
I don’t play the bait game either. Sorry if you think that. When someone makes a statement that is not widely known or presents it as fact I will ask for a source. I always provide one so anyone that questions can see where I got the info. Going back and forth is fine with no links, it’s fun and could be a good discussion. But if it’s a fringe belief or something that 99% don’t agree with is when facts come into play.

sbunit

There is also the theory that with the virus cases increasing but deaths decreasing and hospitalizations is that the virus is becoming less dangerous , virus attenuation and will die out even without a vaccine. That is a behavior of other corona virus' , still not confirmed for this one and totally might not be the case. If a virus kills it host it cannot spread, the less deadly variation/mutation is easier to spread.

I brought this up a few weeks earlier on this thread and some people roasted me over it

DVCakaCarlF

?? Was this meant for me? If so I’m confused. Doesn’t take much sometimes so please excuse if I’m lost.
Yes, because you state that the NBA is considering pulling out of WDW, when, in fact, nothing of the sort has been has been said by the NBA. In fact, if cases continue to rise, they have considered keeping the specified hotel staff on site to “maintain” the bubble.

DisneyDebRob

Yes, because you state that the NBA is considering pulling out of WDW, when, in fact, nothing of the sort has been has been said by the NBA. In fact, if cases continue to rise, they have considered keeping the specified hotel staff on site to “maintain” the bubble.

ESPN is reporting it. Quick google search and you could have found it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The $600 dollar a week stimulus checks run out in July. Incentive to go back to work to pay bills and FL eviction bans end July 1.
Boy...you must be fun at parties...🤪
Again... my husband makes more working than unemployed so there’s no agenda there. They’ll extend it all with the heroes act
Don’t think that’s likely. It more possible that they”ll do some subsidy for going to work...not the opposite

legwand77

Crazy we don’t see any headlines that the daily death rate from Covid is now down over 90% from the peak in April. Sounds like amazing news if you ask me. Less than 5% of all deaths today were related to Covid. Nothing said about the other 95% in health news today.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah, he’s not exactly of unknown political beliefs either. His opinion is About as useful as your average Six Flags ride operator. He’s not an expert like so many on here think they are.

What did he say that was incorrect?

I’m pretty sure we all have political beliefs so I’m not sure what that has to do with anything as this isn’t the place to discus politics nor did Joe mention politics in the post that I shared.

oceanbreeze77

Crazy we don’t see any headlines that the daily death rate from Covid is now down over 90% from the peak in April. Sounds like amazing news if you ask me. Less than 5% of all deaths today were related to Covid. Nothing said about the other 95% in health news today.
Ahhh yes April, If I remember correctly, you had to basically be on your deathbed in order to get a test.

DisneyCane

It would be silly of them to make a decision based on one data point. You think they just look at raw total cases, and say, “well, let’s close up shop.” There is more information to consider in order for them to make appropriate decisions.
The most important thing being what is leading to this increase. It is very skewed towards the young adult demographic. If that demographic is not practicing social distancing and causing the spike then it doesn't effect WDW.

There will be social distancing, masks and other protocols at the parks to prevent spread. It doesn't matter to Disney World if 10,000 twenty somethings in Miami-Dade get infected every day by having giant house parties.

Rimmit

This os definitely going to happen at WDW or DLR at some point.

I was thinking the same thing until I went to Orlando last week and what I witnessed was impressive.

Regarding mask usage in Legoland, Aquatica, Gatorland, Disney Springs and the Brevard zoo, pretty much everyone was obeying the rules regarding mask wearing. Grocery stores and gas stations that had mask wearing requirements.... not so impressive on mask usage.

I thought about it for a while and came to the conclusion that unlike going to the grocery store which is a “right” to some people, going to an amusement park or entertainment attraction is a totally voluntary activity. Most do their homework before going to these theme parks prior to going, especially in a post Covid world. People who go have already accepted the mask regulations for the attraction they are visiting, and do not want to be that “jerk” who is attempting to exercise their freedom and potentially ruining the park experience for others.

Grocery stores are essential. People have to buy groceries. It is not totally voluntary like going to a theme park. People don’t like being told what they “have” to do. Since people Have to buy groceries, And if there is a mask wearing requirement in your state then they then extend that to “I have to wear a mask.” Since no one “has” to go to a theme park it’s an entirely different mindset.

I‘ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The mask compliance at Disney Springs was flawless the day we went and much better than the mask compliance at my local hospital. Likely because people “have” to go to the hospital And people don’t like being told they “have” to do anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom