Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1589937658236.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
From Florida's dashboard. [Note that FL says it's last 14 days for death is incomplete because of the time it takes for deaths to be reported.]

1589937930670.png

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Don’t know if anyone follows TimTracker but he was invited to DS today with about 10 other people. Informative video as he takes us around the springs and what it will look like. About 10 minutes long and a good watch.

90% of a good Vlog is editing.

Don't know how vloggers who do a two hour shakey-cam unedited walkthru get subscribers.

Ravenclaw78

disney-springs_full_37828-jpg.471389

Typical Disney... taking "screening/security theater" to a whole new level...
Some context for that picture is useful. You've removed the original caption: "Be on the lookout for this colorful crew at Disney Springs. Our Resort Children’s Activities Cast will bring their magic of engaging Guests in fun and caring ways to provide a helping hand in select areas. They have a keen understanding of our enhanced health and safety procedures, and will throw in some pixie dust for good measure. #DisneySprings #WeCreateHappiness #DisneyCastLife" (source: Walt Disney World Cast and Community)

Patcheslee

Seems like what's been discussed on these boards, no surprises. Epcot does have the space to fan people out, but unless everything's open, folks may not want to stop by. It will be interesting to see what's decided as far as capacity is concerned. If it were me (and I wouldn't run the company into bankruptcy), i'd let only World Showcase open without admission and just have the larger restaurants operational (and maybe the few stores that have a bigger footprint). At least folks would have someplace to go to unwind that isn't Disney Springs. my $0.03...
IF it was restaurants and shopping only, I'd expect no ad
I keep seeing people point to states that reopened (perhaps prematurely according to some) as successfully not causing huge spikes but based on the Google mobility data there doesnt seem to be a lot of people rushing out of their homes to go to the mall or the gym. I'd be apprehensive of calling that a huge win until a few weeks down the road.

Theme parks opening up will be interesting because that may very well be the first indicators of very large groups of people going to a specific place in the midst of this. It would set precedent for sporting events, concerts, carnivals, etc. If things go well then good but of things go poorly then we are back to square one or even worse.
That relies on ppl going long distances in the first place. Most businesses in town never shut down due to "essential" so s
Neither Dollywood nor its sister park Silver Dollar City have announced a plan to reopen.

Herschend is a private, family owned company and does not have to answer to a board of directors or shareholders so there is no pressure to reopen.

Speaking of family owned parks - holiday world plans to open June 17. They have confirmed free soft drinks will still be available, served based on current health reccomendations. Dated tickets, and virtual lines - they are making plans for people without smartphones or for people who’s smartphone battery drained. Also... no face mask requirement at this time.
The reservation system is live for Holiday World

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
In other theme park news (as a matter of comparison... or should we start another thread on that topic?)...

Growing up in Central Jersey, I've been through that drive-thru zoo many times. It was infamous for the primate section in which said primates pulled off your car anything they could: antennas, window gaskets, canvas spare-tire covers, etc...

It was also infamous for the dumb primates *in* the car who didn't keep their windows up and/or gave food to the animals (which made them aggressive beggars... cf. primate comments above).

But... just imagine Kilimanjaro Safari, but with air conditioning!

Lilofan

People who yell "security theater!" are always the same - contrarians and often conspiracy theorist types. They all miss the fact that, even if it isn't 100% effective, what they call "theater" is still safer than having no measures in place.
During this covid pandemic, security theatre or however ones describes it is essential. Security theatre not only happens with visible security guards. When one walks into a store and a staff member acknowledges you and greets you, it's not just that friendly smile. It's a sign that they are watching you if one thinks about shoplifting..

GladToBeHear

People who yell "security theater!" are always the same - contrarians and often conspiracy theorist types. They all miss the fact that, even if it isn't 100% effective, what they call "theater" is still safer than having no measures in place.

Or maybe those people just don't see the value in investing in a countermeasure that's only intended to provide the feeling of safety without actually achieving it.

brianstl

During this covid pandemic, security theatre or however ones describes it is essential. Security theatre not only happens with visible security guards. When one walks into a store and a staff member acknowledges you and greets you, it's not just that friendly smile. It's a sign that they are watching you if one thinks about shoplifting..
Plus, the psychological impact it has on making people feel safe. Companies like Disney want to make as many people as possible feel safe as safe as possible about visiting. In many cases how it makes people feel is more important than the actual safety impact when people don’t feel safe around large crowds.

brianstl

Or maybe those people just don't see the value in investing in a countermeasure that's only intended to provide the feeling of safety without actually achieving it.
Making people feel safe is just as important to getting them to visit as the actual level of safety provided. In many cases more important.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

If it's like United Airlines, UA is expected to lay off 30% of staff starting around Oct 1.

If you go to Delta..com it lists the steps Delta has taken to make travel safer. I won't list them quit a few

That's not the kind of announcement I'm referring to. The CEO Of Delta said to expect an announcement from Disney within a few days regarding reopenings.

DisneyDebRob

I'm surprised Selter didn't cry on camera....again.
I don’t even know who Selter is, don’t watch that show. It comes down to people that want to wear them, that’s great. People who don’t, that’s fine also. When wanting to go into any business, where that business has a condition of wearing a mask, you should not be allowed. Go shop somewhere else then. It’s Trader Joe’s right along with Disney to set rules in anyway they see fit with the health and data they are receiving from health officials and others. Go somewhere else to get your chips or ravioli and stop trying to make these owners be the bad guy. They are not. As been discussed here ad nauseam , stop complaining about Disney with their mask policy, just don’t go. I wear a mask and have no problem in any stores. I also won’t go to Disney until I don’t have to wear one. It’s really easy.
Not saying YOU are making owners feel bad, I mean people in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom