Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touchdown

This is a rumor, I repeat a rumor. Seems they have a lot of details though. It’s a way to control things, I can see that but the amount of grief they will receive would be unreal.

This will completely shut out locals, and as an AP I wouldn’t go. Why do I think they are going to charge single day prices...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is a rumor, I repeat a rumor. Seems they have a lot of details though. It’s a way to control things, I can see that but the amount of grief they will receive would be unreal.
Bring on the AP holder outrage :mad: :mad: :mad:

I do expect something similar. I would say there is no way they do that to AP holders, but then again when SW Land opened at DL they blacked out the AP holders for months and offered them discounted tickets so who knows.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This will completely shut out locals, and as an AP I wouldn’t go. Why do I think they are going to charge single day prices...
That may be the plan. If they want to maximize revenue with an extremely low crowd level they may try to do it with single day only tickets. It seems insensitive to AP holders but for every person who is in with an AP that’s one less spot they can sell for full price. For every AP holder who says they will never pay it there’s some that will. It just depends on whether they can get to the min level of attendance without AP holders. I would also think this won’t last for long. Maybe just a few months until they can ramp up attendance.

DisneyDebRob

I do expect something similar. I would say there is no way they do that to AP holders, but then again when SW Land opened at DL they blacked out the AP holders for months and offered them discounted tickets so who knows.
My feelings exactly. AP holders will go ballistic. I’m in a position where I bought my AP after my renewal so it won’t take start until my next visit . At the time I thought I was a dope. Now I’m glad.

Patcheslee

Something like this? ;)
tenor.gif

Peter Pan's Shadow

"Annual Passholder tickets will not be honored for admission; however Annual Passholders will be entitled to purchase admission tickets at a discounted rate... Further, Disney will continue to extend the expiration date of Annual Passes during this pre-paid entry requirement." = LEAD BALLOON :(

Edit to add: Guess with that rumor and mandated masks, our trip scheduled in 24 days is most unappealing....
We were set to get there on June 6th, just changed out plans. The good news for us personally is that the ap extension will cover our October trip so we save another year of AP.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
We were set to get there on June 6th, just changed out plans. The good news for us personally is that the ap extension will cover our October trip so we save another year of AP.
That is our thought as well. We were also checking in June 6 for 8 days. Still waiting to see if Disney cancels our reservation, but we are prepared to move our DVC ressie to Christmas time and go 6 days (save 4 points). As the AP's expiration is differed, we will have our APs still at Christmas time.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just thinking that park hoppers would be out of the question. People who pick a park for a day and may have dining reservations at other parks. Oh boy this would be tough to do.
Even if this rumor isn’t true I would expect that park hopping would be out anyway until limited capacity is lifted. Otherwise you would be taking a spot in 2 parks but not spending the whole day there. At least at open when the capacity is likely to be very low they will probably sell out some days so they wouldn’t want to block out a paying guest in favor of someone taking 2 spots up.

celluloid

It seems Silverwood will be the first Amusmenet/Theme Park to open in the United States. https://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/ Of course easier, since they are smaller than Disney and in a state that is not as much population/international draw, but even among the regional parks comparable to their size they are opening before. Pretty reasonable guidelines, masks are not enforced. If they are wanted by a guest they can request them and they will have them avalible for those who do not have them and want their own.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
More power to people who want to pay over $700 for tickets alone for a week at Disney restricted to one park per day, with no entertainment and no spectaculars more power to the company.
While I still won't go until at least 2021, I can see some folks wanting to try to be normal again. Part of that is going to the World, and not necessarily for the Parks. Like you mentioned, there most likely will only be 1 to 2 parks open. Me and my wife don't care for parades or really fireworks (although IoE was a treat), so we wouldn't miss that if we went. We would love to just sit by the pool and enjoy some relaxation time, with maybe a libation or 2. Maybe not even go to the parks at all.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It seems Silverwood will be the first Amusmenet/Theme Park to open in the United States. https://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/ Of course easier, since they are smaller than Disney and in a state that is not as much population/international draw, but even among the regional parks comparable to their size they are opening before. Pretty reasonable guidelines, masks are not enforced. If they are wanted by a guest they can request them and they will have them avalible for those who do not have them and want their own.
But its Idaho ....

natatomic

My feelings exactly. AP holders will go ballistic. I’m in a position where I bought my AP after my renewal so it won’t take start until my next visit . At the time I thought I was a dope. Now I’m glad.
As a local AP holder, I’m not really bothered. I’m not gonna pay for another ticket, but as long as they extend the pass and I don’t lose any days, that’s okay.

Edited to add: and no way will my kids or I wear masks in this heat, so this will also buy us time to let that requirement end, hopefully.

robhedin

That's different than what SDL is doing... APs do have to make a reservation on a 1-for-1 basis (i.e. 1 annual pass can make 1 reservation) but there doesn't appear to be a cost associated with the reservation (that I've seen, anyway).

If they did this, I'd expect they'd kill any local traffic to the parks.

pdude81

They can't extend APs for people for being "closed" while letting some people use them. They also can't say we are open so no more extension while telling people they are limiting access and parks. Daily tickets with AP extension is the most logical way to move this forward. And if passholders like myself complain, there will be someone else in line to buy that limited ticket and it won't matter to the company.

Last edited:

Polynesia

As a local AP holder, I’m not really bothered. I’m not gonna pay for another ticket, but as long as they extend the pass and I don’t lose any days, that’s okay.

Edited to add: and no way will my kids or I wear masks in this heat, so this will also buy us time to let that requirement end, hopefully.
I’m a local AP holder, also. This doesn’t bother me either. The parks and guests will need to do what’s necessary to make this work. I know I’ll get back there one day and I’ll wait until the time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom