Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainsOfDisney

I like that he's not wearing a mask.

A few weeks ago we were told not to wear masks and that we were selfish to do so because professionals needed them. I’m guessing that was the Era the photo was taken in. Also... I should be placed in the corner for entering the mask discussion... for shame! For shame!

Miss Bella

A few weeks ago we were told not to wear masks and that we were selfish to do so because professionals needed them. I’m guessing that was the Era the photo was taken in. Also... I should be placed in the corner for entering the mask discussion... for shame! For shame!
We don’t know when the photo was taken , but it’s hilarious. Sometimes you need a good laugh.

Wildstar

For anyone who flies to Florida, wearing a mask will be mandatory on planes, except for young children.

At some point of your WDW trip you will have to wear a mask. Whether that's before you leave your hometown or while doing some activities on property, it's going to be required.
Actually young kids will have to wear them to my step dad has friends with United airlines my step dad is a retired United airlines pilot

Rich Brownn

But there is no "stopping the virus". That's impossible and a fantasy. That was never the goal of any of the measures implemented in the last few months. The average person should not fear this virus.

Also having dystopian measures enacted that are quite inconsistent across the country will only increase tensions.
There is no such thing as "the average person" with this. A friend of mine is in his 20s and figured statistically speaking he was safe - young, healthy, no underlying health issues.... he's now in his 3rd week of a coma, on a respirator and dialysis doing (obviously) very poorly from contracting Covid.

Statistically speaking, an average person's chance of dieing of covid19 is very very slim as the mortality rate is at most 1% but most likely lower.

The younger you are the less likely it kills. The older you are and depending on health kill's much more in that demographic.

Post links to scientific-based statistics if you want your "facts" to be taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrojanUSC

Statistically speaking, an average person's chance of dieing of covid19 is very very slim as the mortality rate is at most 1% but most likely lower.

The younger you are the less likely it kills. The older you are and depending on health kill's much more in that demographic.

Honestly, look at it this way. If every American was given a bowl of Skittles and was told 1 or 2 of them were laced with poison and would kill them, while ten of them had just enough poison that they'd live, but they'd be in the hospital for a week. How many would eat any?

People are right to be concerned about this, and companies are right to take this seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lilofan

You have the now most powerful person in America in Dr. Fauci stating that masks won't work. You have the Surgeon General and Dr. Birx stating the same thing. If you don't need it; it won't matter. The N95 masks have issues because of the particles. If you don't have it; you can use a bandana. It's covering when you talk, sneeze, cough. This thing has been insane.
Apparently any establishment in my area requiring wearing masks prior to entering as posted at entrances or do not enter at all. CEO Chapek advised the world guests and cast will wear masks in the parks and my family will comply.

Lilofan

Rumor - View attachment 470158
New social distancing headgear that will be required at wdw.
The guy is in bad shape. Upon a closer look at the photo, he has oxygen tubes in his nose and clear oxygen cords running in front of his shirt. Probably he was a long time cigarette smoker. He is serious on people staying six feet away. He is not joking by any means. Nothing to laugh about😉 A picture says a thousand words.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Huh? The news is fairly accurate, information and stories change with the most up to date information. If you wanna cut through the cable spectacle just read print journalism like AP or Reuters---where all cable news gets their sources from.

Masks were first recommended only to be worn in public if you had symptoms of the virus/presumed you had it. When they discovered that the virus was more widespread than originally thought because of an increase in cases/deaths outside of those diagnosed, they realized the number of people who were asymptomatic carriers was larger than expected.

Because widespread testing nationally is not there yet, to further prevent the spread of Covid-19 masks are here to decrease the potential spread of asymptomatic carriers.

I understand all that I’m not just talking about information about the masks however. The “news” is somewhat different depending on what you read and where and models have been so far off on all of this it’s just hard to really understand it all.

now we are beginning to hear that way more people may have already had this than previously thought and sooner than we thought it was ever in the US which could change some of the dynamic and fear but no one knows what to believe

DCBaker

Premium Member
Info from Six Flags

EX5c2z4WsAI2cMM.jpeg

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
This is a rumor, I repeat a rumor. Seems they have a lot of details though. It’s a way to control things, I can see that but the amount of grief they will receive would be unreal.
"Annual Passholder tickets will not be honored for admission; however Annual Passholders will be entitled to purchase admission tickets at a discounted rate... Further, Disney will continue to extend the expiration date of Annual Passes during this pre-paid entry requirement." = LEAD BALLOON :(

Edit to add: Guess with that rumor and mandated masks, our trip scheduled in 24 days is most unappealing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom