Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeriofTerror

They need to monetize every one-day ticket in addition to the crowd control, so AP’s will need to pay to go to Disney. It’s an essential change, the only complication is hotel reservations for people who intended to use their AP for admission.
My assumption is AP holders with resort reservations can use their APs for admission to one park per day, as per "guests with resort reservations who have already purchased admission tickets should be able to redeem their tickets for one day passes for a specific themepark for a specific date during their stay subject to capacity limitations." Is that how others are interpreting it, as well?

bdearl41

And if they catch covid because they didn't want to wear the required masks, then pursuing legal action should not be part of the equation.
No it’s more simple than that. Just don’t go places where a mask is needed for kids. Obviously you missed the point.

DisneyJoe

This is a rumor, I repeat a rumor. Seems they have a lot of details though. It’s a way to control things, I can see that but the amount of grief they will receive would be unreal.
That site has been around for just 2 years, does not identify who the owner or authors are, and only has 900 followers on FB - why should we give it any credibility?

3BratsToDisney

that is how i read it but could be wrong? I'm curious how does this work if you already purchased park hoppers and one person in your party is an out of state AP holder? Will they partial refund the park hopper bits if we are not allowed to use them?

DisneyDebRob

That site has been around for just 2 years, does not identify who the owner or authors are, and only has 900 followers on FB - why should we give it any credibility?
Not saying we should. I’m guessing you missed the first line of my post. Rumors are discussed here by just a tweet or heard a bus driver say. 2 years is a lifetime in the rumor circuit. Besides, many of these ideas actually make sense whether some of us don’t like it.

Seanual757

I do not see this happening especially since they know travel is extremely limited and locals and Florida residents will make up the bulk of your attendance.

I still think they will give priority to guests staying on property 1st them APH's.

Aries1975

I have tickets dated August 16th. 7-day park hoppers. I bought them from AAA in January to beat the annual Feb/Mar price increase. Seems like a lifetime ago...

We are staying at Kidani. Depending on flights we may stay one night before at All-Stars.

Since we are already staying on property and our tickets are already dated, is there something else I should be worried about? I understand the parks could still close due to capacity like Christmas week.

The only park hopping we were really planning was for Rise of the Resistance.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
that is how i read it but could be wrong? I'm curious how does this work if you already purchased park hoppers and one person in your party is an out of state AP holder? Will they partial refund the park hopper bits if we are not allowed to use them?
My interpretation of that rumor is that the out of state AP holder wouldn’t be able to use their AP to get in but would be offered the option to buy discounted 1 day tickets. This is what they did at DL when SW:GE opened there (I think they were half off). They also allowed the AP holders to buy additional discounted tickets for friends and family (I think there was a limit on how many). For people who already booked a package with multi-day park tickets my guess is they will either credit you for the amount paid (not the best deal) or they could just convert your days into individual park tickets and you would have to select the park you want to use them for.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I have tickets dated August 16th. 7-day park hoppers. I bought them from AAA in January to beat the annual Feb/Mar price increase. Seems like a lifetime ago...

We are staying at Kidani. Depending on flights we may stay one night before at All-Stars.

Since we are already staying on property and our tickets are already dated, is there something else I should be worried about? I understand the parks could still close due to capacity like Christmas week.

The only park hopping we were really planning was for Rise of the Resistance.
I wouldn’t worry about any of this. Just a rumor from an unproven site. Beats talking about masks and how this is just the flu or how many people die in car accidents.;) When the real plan comes out they will tell us what we need to do if anything.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I do agree that they'll likely have daily reservations - just not paid ones.
There will definitely be reservations while capacity is limited. They don’t want a mess at the front gate if the limit is hit and more people are trying to get in. I don’t think if the AP rumor is true that it would last very long. They could do it for the opening until they ramp up to the level where they aren‘t selling out single day tickets. Shanghai is planning to add 5,000 people a week to their limit. It might only take a month or even less to get to the point where there’s more capacity than demand. If they add the month on to the end of APs the only people really out of luck would be out of state AP holders that happen to be at WDW during the blackout period.

Aries1975

I wouldn’t worry about any of this. Just a rumor from an unproven site. Beats talking about masks and how this is just the flu or how many people die in car accidents.;) When the real plan comes out they will tell us what we need to do if anything.

Thank you.

I am more concerned with the idea the 14 day "self-quarantine" currently still in effect for us "Yankees." So, I haven't bought the plane tickets.

Patcheslee

Seems the system could account for allot of on-site guests and APs. In theory they could use the current FP bookings to automatically sign people up for that specific park, then release the balance to all others if they require reservations for park entrance.

natatomic

No it’s more simple than that. Just don’t go places where a mask is needed for kids. Obviously you missed the point.

Exactly. Why on earth would you want to bring kids to Disney World? If your 4 year old kid isn’t mature enough to wear a mask in 98 degree weather all day without touching it, they should stay home. Disney just wasn’t made for that type of guest.

🙄

jinx8402

The only way I can see it making sense, is if during this period AP is still "paused" so the extension will continue. And the only other thing that would make this rumor make sense is, it prevents an AP holder to making a reservation just because. If all it takes is a simple click, you could book whenever and show up if you want to. They may want to make sure those who make reservations mostly show up, to make the money work for reopening.

celluloid

I do not know if it is what started this discussion and I missed it, or if it has not been noticed yet,
but Six Flags(yeah I know Six Flags) announced that they will begin with paid ones.

jinx8402

I do not know if it is what started this discussion and I missed it, or if it has not been noticed yet,
but Six Flags(yeah I know Six Flags) announced that they will begin with paid ones.

The six flags reservation system is not a paid one. You just need any ticket or membership

Is there an extra charge for using the reservation system?
No, there is no “extra” charge for using the reservation system. The reservation system is a tool we’ve introduced to help keep our guests safe and facilitate social distancing. Members and Season Pass Holders will receive priority access to the reservation system.

Miss Bella

More power to people who want to pay over $700 for tickets alone for a week at Disney restricted to one park per day, with no entertainment and no spectaculars more power to the company.
It's certainly not ideal. If I don't make it before October,1 I'm not sure when I'll be able to use my tickets. I moved my European cruise to next Summer and I'm going to Japan in March. My vacation time is accounted for in 2021. I still have a couple of weeks I can use this year. I'll probably have to suck it up and make the best of it.

I already have tickets that I bought last year I certainly wouldn't buy new ones under these conditions. I was originally supposed to go last week.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The only way I can see it making sense, is if during this period AP is still "paused" so the extension will continue. And the only other thing that would make this rumor make sense is, it prevents an AP holder to making a reservation just because. If all it takes is a simple click, you could book whenever and show up if you want to. They may want to make sure those who make reservations mostly show up, to make the money work for reopening.
They also have to consider the resorts. You don’t want to have guests paying for a hotel room and flying or driving in and then shut out from the parks. It’s a tough juggling act. Let’s say for example WDW opens July 1, the number of hotel reservations in July is already probably pretty high. There’s no guarantee all those people show up or even are allowed to travel yet, but assuming the majority show up that’s probably going to cover most or all of the capacity for the parks. Quick and dirty math. 3 parks open with no EPCOT. They cap capacity at 15,000 people per park. There’s 30,000 hotel rooms so if they are at 50% occupancy and 3 guests per room on average that means 45,000 guests. If they all go to a theme park each day that uses up the full capacity. The cap could always be larger and occupancy lower, but it shows that with extremely limited capacity they will really need to focus mostly on resort guests. This is unique to WDW. Six Flags, DLR and Universal have nowhere near as many hotel rooms or in the case of Six Flags none at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom